If you are interested in finding out does Helldivers 2 have a Campaign mode, you came to the right place. Since its release the game has been taking the gaming world by storm. Indeed, being a sequel to a beloved game from 2015 that popularised co-op on PS4, has its perks. Additionally, the game switched from a top-down view to a third-person shooter, making all the action in the game more close and personal. Let us see if there is a Campaign mode in Helldivers 2 that you can play through.
- Enlist in the Helldivers and join the fight for freedom across a hostile galaxy in a fast, frantic, and ferocious third-person shooter.
- Become a Legend – You will be assembled into squads of up to four Helldivers and assigned strategic missions. Watch each other’s back – friendly fire is an unfortunate certainty of war, but victory without teamwork is impossible.
- Loadouts – Rain down freedom from above, sneak through enemy territory, or grit your teeth and charge head-first into the jaws of combat. How you deliver liberty is your choice; you’ll have access to a wide array of explosive firepower, life-saving armour and battle-changing stratagems… the jewel in every Helldiver’s arsenal.
- Requisition – Super Earth recognises your hard work with valuable Requisition. Use it to access different rewards that benefit you, your squad, your destroyer ship and our overall war effort.
- Threats – Everything on every planet wants you dead. That’s what we’re dealing with. Each enemy has distinct and unpredictable characteristics, tactics, and behaviour – but they all fight ferociously and without fear or morality.
Is there a Campaign in Helldivers 2?
No, Helldivers 2 does not have a Campaign mode that you can play either in single-player or co-op. This is not a surprise if we take into account that the previous game also had no campaign. Helldivers 2, like its predecessor, is focused on multiplayer and online co-op. Unfortunately, this leaves campaign mode on the sideline.
The general premise of the game is that you are defending Super Earth from hostile aliens that want to destroy Freedom and Democracy. This is done in an ongoing war, where using missions you liberate sectors and planets occupied by enemy forces. Furthermore, if you are looking for a deeper meaning or a more developed story, you will be disappointed.
Will there be a Helldivers 2 Campaign in the future?
Currently, there is no information that Arrowhead Game Studios is working on a Campaign mode for the game. Taking into account that the previous game never got the campaign during its lifetime, this means that it is very unlikely we will see a campaign mode added to the game in the future. Of course, if anything within this scope changes, we will be sure to update you on any developments.
This was all the information on a Campaign in Helldivers 2, and if you want to know more about the game you can find more in our articles on What Is the Max Level in Helldivers 2, How to Unlock New Weapons in Helldivers 2, and How to Fix Not Getting Any XP in Helldivers 2.