If you are experiencing a “Server Request Failed” error in Helldivers 2, you are not the only one. Many players have been encountering issues since the third-person shooter game launched. The game has been rising in popularity, and more players means more chances for server-side errors. These errors are a nuisance and are preventing you from spreading freedom and democracy across the universe infested by bugs and killer robots. Luckily, there are steps you can try to fix this error and quickly return to protecting Managed Democracy with your friends.
Steps to Fix Helldivers 2 Error Code 1 “Server Request Failed”
In many cases, errors like “Server Request Failed” can occur when the game client is unable to establish a connection with the game server. The usual culprit for this particular issue is excessive server congestion. In Helldivers 2, this error is also known as Error Code 1. In these situations, you can try a few different steps to solve this yourself.
This issue may also be related to the “Defrosting Helldiver” issue. Recently, lots of players suffered issues where the game won’t go past the “Defrosting Helldiver” or “Server Request Failed” messages. This was predominantly due to the servers being full and unable to receive any more players at the time. The issue is mostly resolved by now so you shouldn’t be having these problems. If you do, check out the following steps you can try to fix this issue.
Check Server Status
With issues like this, firstly you should check if the servers for the game are running normally. This can be done by visiting the official game site or social media for Helldivers 2, or the support page from the devs, Arrowhead Game Studios. From time to time servers will go down due to maintenance or if they are experiencing issues. If the login servers are down you will have to wait for them to come back online before trying to play the game again.
- Enlist in the Helldivers and join the fight for freedom across a hostile galaxy in a fast, frantic, and ferocious third-person shooter.
- Become a Legend – You will be assembled into squads of up to four Helldivers and assigned strategic missions. Watch each other’s back – friendly fire is an unfortunate certainty of war, but victory without teamwork is impossible.
- Loadouts – Rain down freedom from above, sneak through enemy territory, or grit your teeth and charge head-first into the jaws of combat. How you deliver liberty is your choice; you’ll have access to a wide array of explosive firepower, life-saving armour and battle-changing stratagems… the jewel in every Helldiver’s arsenal.
- Requisition – Super Earth recognises your hard work with valuable Requisition. Use it to access different rewards that benefit you, your squad, your destroyer ship and our overall war effort.
- Threats – Everything on every planet wants you dead. That’s what we’re dealing with. Each enemy has distinct and unpredictable characteristics, tactics, and behaviour – but they all fight ferociously and without fear or morality.
Restart Your Gaming Platform
Restarting the platform you are using to play the game, can solve all sorts of problems you might run into. This is one of the oldest tricks in the book, but it works.
Restart Your Router
Connectivity issues can be solved by resetting your internet connection and restarting your network router. Simply unplug your router from its power supply, and wait a minute or two before re-pluging the device. Once the router restarts fully, launch the game so you can check if the error persists. Also, you’ll want to make sure that you’re running the game on a wired connection rather than through wifi.
Verify the Integrity of Game Files
Faulty or corrupted files could be the cause of Error Code 1 and prevent a proper connection from being established. If you’re playing on PC through Steam, you can solve this easily by verifying your game files. To do this, open Steam and right-click on Helldivers 2 in your Steam Library, and select Properties. Then, go to the Local Files tab and click on the “Verify the Integrity of Game Files” button. This will begin the process of downloading and replacing any corrupt or missing files.
In some cases, disabling the Crossplay option in the game’s menu can solve this problem for you. Since its launch, Helldivers 2 has been having issues with the crossplay feature in the game. Hopefully, this will be fixed soon and you will be able to play the game with players across all platforms.
This is how to fix the Helldivers 2 “Server Request Failed” Error, and if you want to find out more information on the game read our articles on Does Helldivers 2 Have a Matchmaking System, Helldivers 2: How to extract from a mission, and Is Helldivers 2 Super Citizen Edition Worth It.