Helldivers 2 has dropped, and players have jumped at the opportunity to try the new game from Arrowhead Game Studios. Nevertheless, many players have encountered the “Failed to join game lobby” error while trying to join squads and play Helldivers 2. Sadly, connection and server issues are nothing new when it comes to game launches. Hopefully, the developers will fix this quickly, but in the meantime let’s take a look at what you can do to fix this problem yourself.
Steps to Fix Helldivers 2 Failed to Join Game Lobby Error
Since the launch of Helldivers 2 players have reported issues while trying to connect to the quickplay game servers. Developers are aware of this problem and are working hard to patch this issue as soon as possible. Remember to check the server status before everything. Your best bet for that is to visit Helldivers 2 or Arrowhead Game Studio X page, as the most relevant information is posted there. In the meantime, there are things you can try to bypass this problem and join the missions normally.
- BECOME A LEGEND – You will be assembled into squads of up to four Helldivers and assigned strategic missions. Watch each other’s back – friendly fire is an unfortunate certainty of war, but victory without teamwork is impossible.
- LOADOUTS – Rain down freedom from above, sneak through enemy territory, or grit your teeth and charge head-first into the jaws of combat. How you deliver liberty is your choice; you’ll have access to a wide array of explosive firepower, life-saving armour and battle-changing stratagems… the jewel in every Helldiver’s arsenal.
- REQUISITION – Super Earth recognises your hard work with valuable Requisition. Use it to access different rewards that benefit you, your squad, your destroyer ship and our overall war effort.
- THREATS – Everything on every planet wants you dead. That’s what we’re dealing with. Each enemy has distinct and unpredictable characteristics, tactics, and behaviour – but they all fight ferociously and without fear or morality.
Restart your gaming platform
Sometimes, simple solutions like restarting your gaming platform can fix connectivity problems like this one. Make sure that you close the game completely and restart your gaming platform.
One of the ways you can try to fix this issue is to disable Crossplay. Although crossplay is a good feature in many games, it can also cause connectivity problems. Establishing a connection between PC and PlayStation players is great, but not at the expense of performance. To disable crossplay in Helldivers 2, follow these steps:
- Open the main menu
- Locate and enter the Options
- Find the Gameplay tab and locate the Crossplay option
- Switch Crossplay to Off
- Apply the changes you have made and try to join a lobby again.
Hopefully, you were able to fix the “Failed to join game lobby” Error in Helldivers 2 and you were able to return to gaming quickly. Be sure that the developers are doing everything they can daily to fix issues just like this. There was a patch on February 14 and one of the fixes was “Improved matchmaking experience and likelihood of success.” So we hope we will see fewer and fewer matchmaking issues.
In the meantime, you can read more on Helldovers 2 in these articles from our team: Can You Play Helldivers 2 Solo, Is There Friendly Fire in Helldivers 2, and Helldivers 2: Warbonds and Microtransactions, explained.