If you’ve experienced difficulties with Helldivers 2, then you’re likely wondering if the gamer’s servers are down. We have all the details. Here’s how to check the server status and troubleshoot to resolve any lesser issues you may be having at launch.
Helldivers 2 saw a wildly successful launch on February 8, and players have experienced a variety of issues, from server problems, login, and matchmaking issues to complete crashes and end-of-game rewards not being issued. The development team at Arrowhead Game Studios is currently working on a patch to remedy any withstanding problems in the meantime, though many continue to report server issues, to boot. Are Helldivers 2 servers down? Here’s how to check the game’s server status and troubleshoot to resolve any remaining problems you’re experiencing.
- Enlist in the Helldivers and join the fight for freedom across a hostile galaxy in a fast, frantic, and ferocious third-person shooter.
- Become a Legend – You will be assembled into squads of up to four Helldivers and assigned strategic missions. Watch each other’s back – friendly fire is an unfortunate certainty of war, but victory without teamwork is impossible.
- Loadouts – Rain down freedom from above, sneak through enemy territory, or grit your teeth and charge head-first into the jaws of combat. How you deliver liberty is your choice; you’ll have access to a wide array of explosive firepower, life-saving armour and battle-changing stratagems… the jewel in every Helldiver’s arsenal.
- Requisition – Super Earth recognises your hard work with valuable Requisition. Use it to access different rewards that benefit you, your squad, your destroyer ship and our overall war effort.
- Threats – Everything on every planet wants you dead. That’s what we’re dealing with. Each enemy has distinct and unpredictable characteristics, tactics, and behaviour – but they all fight ferociously and without fear or morality.
Are Helldivers 2 Servers Down?
As of February 21, Helldivers 2 servers are up and running. Since the third-person shooter’s launch a slew of players have reported reoccurring login failures, matchmaking errors, crashes, server outages, and other technical difficulties. The dev team has spent the weekend fixing issues and after server maintenance, Helldivers 2 is playable again.
Permanent solutions to some of these problems are still being worked on, though developers at Arrowhead Game Studios are admittedly just as overwhelmed by the game’s emerging popularity as its online servers. Overload is to be expected with a response of this size, so you can expect some bumps in the road ahead if you’re playing Helldivers 2 for the long haul. The game’s servers will likely be rather wishy-washy in the weeks to come as devs navigate the game’s launch.
The last major server issue that was followed by server maintenance occurred a week ago, on February 11. This was one of the larger disruptions in the online game’s nascent state. Arrowhead stated: “The current biggest issues are the game not dishing out rewards properly at the end of missions, accompanied with the reoccurring login failures. As always when making changes in a live environment, we need to address this with caution and monitor the situation closely.”
Fortunately, the servers were down for only a limited period of time before returning online. There was a minor server issue last weekend (February 17 and 18), where the servers were full and no more players could log in. Thankfully, that has been resolved and the game is up and running now. Weekends seem to be the toughest days for Helldivers 2, as basically every Helldivers fan wants to log in during those days. We hope something will be done in the future so everyone who wants to can enjoy the awesomeness that is Helldivers 2.
More and more players want to play the game and servers are usually completely full during the daytime in the US time zones. The latest patch notes state that the devs are working on improving the login rate.
How to Check Helldivers 2 Server Status
If you’re experiencing consistent issues with Helldivers 2, there are a few routes you can take to check server status and troubleshoot on your own. Devs at Arrowhead will announce any widespread problems and server issues through the game’s official social media, so be sure to check the Helldivers 2 account on X (formerly Twitter) and join the official Discord server for reliable updates. Thankfully, the dedicated Arrowhead team is fully aware of each problem and is addressing each inconvenience as soon as they can.
When servers aren’t to blame, go over this checklist before submitting a support ticket, to make sure the issues you’re experiencing aren’t coming from your end:
- Ensure multiplayer is enabled in your game settings.
- PS5 players must have an active PS+ subscription to play multiplayer on their PlayStation.
- Check your network connection and restart or reconnect if it’s unsteady.
- Ensure that your PC’s Firewall settings aren’t blocking online features for Helldivers 2.
For more on Helldivers 2, check out these guides from our team: