There are different difficulty levels that you can choose from, before embarking on a mission. This article will explain what are the difficulty levels in Helldivers 2. Read on.
The newest shooter from Arrowhead Gama Studios is slowly but steadily climbing to the top of the charts. With thousands of players online, this sci-fi squad-based shooter proved to be just what the gaming community wanted. A light-hearted but fun and challenging co-op game seems to be the way to go. Speaking of challenges, are there different difficulty levels in Helldivers 2, if things get too easy? You bet there are.
What Difficulty Levels Are There in Helldivers 2?
In Helldivers 2, there are a whopping nine difficulty levels. The first one is Trivial, the one you start with, and it goes all the way to the Helldive, the toughest one. The difficulty levels, in order, are:
- Suicide Mission
What Are the Difficulty Levels Differences in Helldivers 2?
You start the game with only the Trivial difficulty level unlocked. Down the line, you will unlock tougher difficulty levels, but why would you choose them over the easier ones? First, a lot of players like a challenge. Besides that, tougher difficulty levels will give you better rewards, more Medals, and, more importantly, will unlock better samples. You unlock Rare orange Samples on the Challenging difficulty, and “epic-level” purple Samples on the Suicide Misson difficulty. To balance it out, the higher the difficulty, the tougher the enemies you will get. These will range from massive monsters, heavily armored enemies, tougher enemy Outposts, more enemy waves, etc. You’ll also have less time to finish the mission, more objectives, or anything along those lines.
- Enlist in the Helldivers and join the fight for freedom across a hostile galaxy in a fast, frantic, and ferocious third-person shooter.
- Become a Legend – You will be assembled into squads of up to four Helldivers and assigned strategic missions. Watch each other’s back – friendly fire is an unfortunate certainty of war, but victory without teamwork is impossible.
- Loadouts – Rain down freedom from above, sneak through enemy territory, or grit your teeth and charge head-first into the jaws of combat. How you deliver liberty is your choice; you’ll have access to a wide array of explosive firepower, life-saving armour and battle-changing stratagems… the jewel in every Helldiver’s arsenal.
- Requisition – Super Earth recognises your hard work with valuable Requisition. Use it to access different rewards that benefit you, your squad, your destroyer ship and our overall war effort.
- Threats – Everything on every planet wants you dead. That’s what we’re dealing with. Each enemy has distinct and unpredictable characteristics, tactics, and behaviour – but they all fight ferociously and without fear or morality.
How to Unlock Tougher Difficulty Levels?
Unlocking tougher difficulty levels is quite simple. To unlock the next difficulty level, you just have to complete a mission on the toughest difficulty you have access to. For example, when you complete a mission on Trivial, you will unlock Easy. Completing a mission on Extreme unlocks Suicide Misson, and so on.
How to Change Difficulty Levels?
The option to change the difficulty of your next mission is located on your Galactic War screen. When choosing a mission to play, you will see the option to change your difficulty level, just below the Quickplay button. Simply press the associated buttons (usually Q and E on the keyboard, L1 and R1 on the controller) until you get the difficulty level you want.