Submitted by WonsAuto 202d ago | opinion piece

Thursday Throwdown: Is The Last of Us Worth Another $60?

"It’s a no-brain purchase for PS4 owners that missed out on The Last of Us the first time around, but what about the six million that already drank it in? Is even one of the greatest games of the last generation worth double-dipping for with a second full price purchase?" - Velox (PS3, PS4, The Last Of Us)

Neonridr  +   203d ago
Depends on if you played it the first time around or not.
randomass171  +   202d ago
Hopefully they'll relinquish that issue with a trade deal.
ChereVale555   202d ago | Spam
Army_of_Darkness  +   202d ago
This question will be asked for every remastered game and we( like Neonridr) will answer with the same reply..... *sign*...
rodiabloalmeida  +   202d ago
I was about to say that.
lelo  +   202d ago
"Thursday Throwdown: Is The Last of Us Worth Another $60?"

For me, NO. I've played the game on the PS3. Good game.

I'll wait for the PS4 version of The Last of Us on PSN+.
#1.3 (Edited 202d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
martinezjesus1993  +   202d ago
For me. YES! Got it day one, spent another 25 on DLC, got platinum, and will spend another 60 on day one!
adventureghost124  +   202d ago
well there is that, but all the DLC is included with it so I'd say its worth it either way.
DemonChicken  +   202d ago
yeah so this applies to me =p

haven't played it and with all dlc is a bonus
Mikethejew  +   202d ago
Yep, if you havent played it no brainer. A little tougher for those of us who have.
Azuske  +   202d ago
For me Yeah... I beat it 7 times on PS3 but never played the Left Behind DLC due to me trading my PS3 for a PS4. I feel the story is so much of a masterpiece that it is worth the $60 without including the updated graphics and DLC so I think this is a steal. It's like losing your favorite movie and buying it again because it was so good. Just an expensive movie haha
ginsunuva  +   202d ago
Hence it says "another" $60
KinjoTakemura  +   203d ago
I've played the ps3 version about 25% through. And i'm going to pay for it again. Waaahaaaahaaa.
SegaSaturn669  +   202d ago
When I played the sniper mission, in this game, a feeling came across me that was just inexplicable. I'd do anything to get that feeling again. It's like taking meth right into your veins.
Mikethejew  +   202d ago
Wow bro you need to get laid
MidnytRain   202d ago | Immature | show | Replies(4)
MidnytRain  +   201d ago
^^Obviously you won't be enjoying it if you haven't finished the game. Probably don't even have a PS3.
#2.3 (Edited 201d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
crusf  +   202d ago
For people who haven't played it yeah. For people who have... Yeah.
MonChiChi  +   202d ago
Blackleg-sanji  +   202d ago
yup i pre ordered already im gladly double dipping
king_george  +   202d ago
I dont give a f*ck its worth double that. Especially if you havent played it
Philoctetes  +   202d ago
I platinumed this on the PS3, and I'll happily pay $60 for the PS4 version. I fully expect to get a second plat off of this.
JetP0619  +   202d ago
even if you've played it already and enjoyed it and now you want to get it for the ps4 i think 60$ is a fair price considering it includes all the map packs and multiplayer modes as well as the Left behind DLC, improved graphics, higher resolution, better textures and improved models, they also said that theyre working on improving the audio quality before the release. If you loved the game so much and you believe you'll have fun double dipping again for your next gen console, why not? let's support our devs and not to mention even Remastered or Remakes takes a lot of Work. Plus it's one of the best games out there. Take a chance i say.
Mikethejew  +   202d ago
Apparently it wasnt for tombraider now it is for last of us.
nycgamer4ever  +   202d ago
IMO Tombraider isn't 1/4 the game The Last of Us. It is good but not Game of the Year Good. So to me while Tombraider is not worth it the second time around The Last of Us is. It's called an opinion. Maybe you guys hating on this and keep bringing up Tombraider should look up opinion in the dictionary and stop posting salty comments.

That being said I paid $60 for Tombraider since I never played it on Ps3. I am sure plenty haven't played the Last of Us yet. What's is your issue with people getting to play an awesome game?

Besides The Last of Us on PS3 is STILL $60!
LordMe  +   202d ago
I beat it but never purchased it. Didn't have a job at the time. Since I do now I am gonna get it now.
fenome  +   202d ago
I've played through it multiple times. Bought the original physical and digital and yes, I'll buy this one too :p

I'll triple-dip it, it's that good.
#10 (Edited 202d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
MasterCornholio  +   202d ago
I never played the game so the full price tag is worth it to me.
solidboss07  +   202d ago
I never finished Uncharted, it was uninspiring. 2 and 3 I completed and enjoyed. TLOU was purchased as soon as it released and I am struggling to finish it. Its linearity and stupid enemies ruin it.
These short comings will be even more apparent on PS4, no?
king_george  +   202d ago
Dude.... dat trolling tho
solidboss07  +   202d ago
Oh, I see. Pointing out facts is called 'trolling'. Got it. Thanks.
Irishguy95  +   202d ago
It ain't as linear as U2 and U3? The AI was annoying sometimes but eh...not so much to stop playing it imo
king_george  +   201d ago
@solidboss07

Um no. U were fuc*ing trolling. I called you out on it and now you feel dumb. I fail to see how the AI in uncharted is better than the last of us AI. Its not... also, the last of us has open levels so idk where u got that linearity crap from. if you are struggling to finish one of the greatest games released in recent memory then i question whether u have even played it.
princejb134  +   202d ago
I beat this game 3 times on ps3
Would gladly play it agiain but ones the price goes down
No_Limit  +   202d ago
This is like the 5th articles asking the same question today. What is the big mystery here? If you feel like it is worth $60, then go for it, if not, don't, or wait for a price drop in a couple months. If is not that difficult guys.
fenome  +   202d ago
Exactly, if they're so curious about it why not take a poll or something? Either way, some will say yes, some will say no. Peoples opinions very.

This game is really something special to me though, so in my opinion I say yes.
cervantes99  +   202d ago
I want more games like this made for all systems so I will gladly buy this again to support the Devs.
Blackleg-sanji  +   202d ago
hope this sells well on ps4 that way another certain studio will make a remaster of their game o how i await gtav
Grave  +   202d ago
It's totally worth it for me. I beat it, but I didn't have time to really get into last year. PS4 version will be my main from here on out.
Team_Litt  +   202d ago
Everybody climbed down Square's throat for Tomb Raider's asking price but for some reason everybody is calm and "reasonable" about this. Can't figure out why...
cervantes99  +   202d ago
Because those who want the best of the best will pay for it. Others will wait for the inevitable price drop or skip it altogether if they already played it.

The best game of the last generation (IMO) should get full billing.
heisenberguk  +   202d ago
This game was asked for REPEATEDLY!
KinjoTakemura  +   202d ago
You can't compare Tomb Raider to The Last Of Us. It's like comparing Infamous to Outlast. Both are good, but Infamous is better. Tomb Raider is good, but TLOU is epic, on an entirely different level than TR. I have never played anything that even comes close to TLOU, this gen or any other Generation for that matter.
randomass171  +   202d ago
You're changing the subject. It's about a remaster; it has nothing to do with the quality of either game (both of which are very wel received by the way).
nycgamer4ever  +   202d ago
It has everything to do with the quality game. Tombraider is good, but lets be real here, it doesn't compare to TLOU.

They are questioning if a game is worth $60. How do you quantify the worth of game if not by the quality? Are you saying all games are worth the price developers ask for it? That is nonsense.

Pretty simple here some will think its worth it and some won't, as this thread will prove. However it appears more people want it than not.

Another difference between the two games is one was a multiplatform game and one was exclusive to the ps3. So a lot of last gen 360 owners who didn't get to play this on ps3 can now play this. They had the ability to play Tombraider already!

Common sense people. Use it.
Tempest317  +   202d ago
Probably something to do with the fact that The Last of Us is one of, if not THE defining game of last generation. The narrative, gameplay, graphics...literally everything about the game is a masterpiece. Tomb Raider is a good game, but TLOU is a game that will be talked about for a long time. I havent played anything that even comes close.
heisenberguk  +   202d ago
Not worth paying $84 for(£60 in uk) because I already played it but I'd definitely buy it again when it came down in price in the future though
#19 (Edited 202d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
beebap  +   202d ago
Where you see that. So far I have only found shopto doing preorders and it for £50 and once amazon and rest of retailers start offering it I expect to come down in price even more.
heisenberguk  +   202d ago
I meant it will be £60 on the PS store but couldn't be bothered editing my comment earlier,I bet it will be around £45/£50 online retail
#19.1.1 (Edited 202d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
theshredded  +   202d ago
definately yes,it's better than every game releasing this year and one of the best games,I will buy this game happily again on ps4
Soldierone  +   202d ago
Maybe GameStop will offer some deal and only accept the disc for the trade lol, I got the limited edition and it has a steel case and I don't want to trade that in.
fluxmulder  +   202d ago
The game looked good to begin with, so there's no point shelling out another $60 for some uncrunched textures and antialiasing. Until some more substantial features get announced, no, this is not worth a repurchase.
corvusmd  +   202d ago
Of course, if you haven't played Last Of Us...this is a no brainer...yeah you should get it, and it i'll help you pass the time till other games come out. However, if you've already played it...not really worth it. It was a great game, but really a one time through sort of thing. So far the graphical difference doesn't look to be a huge deal...and if you already know the stroy, the gameplay won't hold your attention. It was a great game, but don't let the fact that it won 200 Goty awards...it came out in a drought year...look at the games it was up against really. Again it was a very good game, but not nearly as good as it appears at face value.

Just my opinion, I won't actively try to stop anyone from getting it, but I won't be picking it up again myself.
#23 (Edited 202d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
Yo Mama  +   202d ago
The only people who think it's not worth another $60 are the people who have never played it.
#24 (Edited 202d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
randomass171  +   202d ago
I've most certainly played it, and loved it but I don't think I want to pay $60 for it again when I get a PS4. I think that's more appropriate for those who have NOT ever played the game.
ipach  +   202d ago
wish they offered upgrade options. i'd even bite the bullet if it were priced like so:

$30 std upgrade to remastered (basically covers the price of all the DLC + $10 upgrade)
$10 upgrade for season pass holders
#25 (Edited 202d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
PrinceOfAllSaiyans  +   202d ago
People act like 60 dollars is 100 dollars. Gosh. We are talking about one of the greatest games of all time here.
MidnytRain  +   202d ago
Sony should be demanding we pay $120 because it'll be twice as awesome. Maybe I'll buy two to show them my support.
Skate-AK  +   202d ago
Never bought the first. With all the DLC, $60 is worth it.
#27 (Edited 202d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Nine_Thousaaandd  +   202d ago
One of the greatest games ever made with SP and MP plus all the DLC for $60...and if you pre-order, you get 100 Supply Points (XP) for use in Factions mode.
Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after your complete the single-player campaign.
Increased Crafting Speed for use in the single-player campaign.
Increased Healing Speed for use in the single-player campaign.
9mm Reload Speed Increase Upgrade for use in the single-player campaign.
Rifle Clip Capacity Increase Upgrade for use in the single-player campaign. Sign me up!
SilentSolid  +   202d ago
no. Not worth it for me. Will be waiting for a price drop. Then maybe.

Gold Rush! Anniversary Release Confirmed for Next Week

7m ago - Fondly-remembered point-and-click adventure has been rebuilt "from the ground up" in time for its... | PC

Skylanders: Trap Team Review (The Geek Culture)

8m ago - It's a bit costly in the long run, but this version of Skylanders is easily one of the best yet. | Xbox 360

Top 5 Scary Games We Want on Next-Gen

12m ago - In honor of Halloween, we have gathered the top five scary games we dare to see on our spooky new... | PS4

The Level Up Show is a Show by Gamers on PlayStation, You Should Watch It

47m ago - Live from PlayStation has been a great platform for people who want to share and celebrate gaming... | PS4

Start Making Games for the PS4

New Valkyria Chronicles PC Screens and Details

53m ago - Today, Sega has revealed additional information regarding the PC port, including an official rele... | PC