Skull and Bones is available in two editions: Standard and Premium, so let’s see what goes in the Premium edition and whether is it worth getting. Read on.
In February of 2024, Ubisoft will launch their pirate adventure game – Skull and Bones. You must do everything you can to become the next pirate kingpin, and will have tons of options to do so. From plundering other vessels and other players to more subtle methods, like smuggling contraband goods all across the Indian Ocean. Let’s not forget the search for some hidden treasure, with sea monsters to boot. Skull and Bones will be available to play on current-gen consoles and PCs. There are two versions – Standard Edition and Premium Edition. What are the differences? Is Skull and Bones Premium Edition worth it?
Is Skull and Bones Premium Edition Worth Getting?
The Standard edition of Skull and Bones is priced at $59.99 on Ubisoft’s website. The Premium edition is $30 more, sitting at $89.99 (The console versions cost $10 more, for both editions). For that difference, you get some extra missions, cosmetics, Early Access, season pass, and more. If you are a fan of the game and are really gearing up for some pirate action, then you should definitely look into the Premium edition. Cosmetics and such you can go without, but more content (like the extra missions included in the Premium) is always good.
An Open Beta just ended and that was a perfect opportunity to try out the game. With Early Access, you’ll be able to start playing tomorrow, February 13. What exactly comes with the Premium edition? Let’s see.
- Engage in thrilling naval battles and equip a multitude of powerful weapons as you risk it all for the biggest loot.
- Sail the lawless seas solo, or team up with two friends or other players to partake in shareable contracts and rewards.
- Face cutthroat pirate hunters, deadly sea monsters, unpredictable weather, dangerous rogue waves, supernatural threats, and more as you explore a vast open world.
- Craft and sail up to 10 different ships at launch, each with unique perks to match your own personal playstyle.
- Grow your infamy and unlock resources and opportunities to get riskier contracts and upgrade your equipment.
Contents of Skull and Bones Premium Edition.
- Base Game
- 3 days Early Access
- Premium Bonus Pack (including the Ballad of Bloody Bones Collection with the Bloody Bones Captain outfit & Ashen Corsair Ship Set with 11 different ship vanity items)
- 2 extra Missions: The Ashen Corsair and Bloody Bones Legacy
- Digital Artbook
- Digital game Soundtrack
- Smuggler pass token (Unlocks a premium battle pass and additional content, usable on the Season of your choosing)
Regardless of the edition you get, some goodies are waiting for you if you purchase the game in pre-order. Those rewards are the Highness of the High Sea Pack, which includes the Notoriety Garb and the Coronation Firework.
You have a little more than a week until the official release, so be sure to snag the game on pre-order, while it is still available.