Do you want to enjoy Skull and Bones with friends on different platforms? Will Skull and Bones be cross-platform? Read on and find out.
It’s been a long time since we had a good pirate game. Luckily, Skull and Bones is coming to scratch that itch. You’ll have to opportunity to team up with your mateys for a multiplayer adventure, operate a pirate ship that you have customized to your liking, with different colors, sails, and weapons. Not to mention competing with other groups of players in an open world in search of some fine plunder. But what to do if you have, for example, a PC but your friends are console users? Will Skull and Bones be cross-platform? Is crossplay a feature in the game? Let’s find out.
Is Cross-Platform Play Available in Skull and Bones?
Round up your friends and start preparing those ships, crossplay is officially available in Skull and Bones. The DevBlog on Ubisoft’s website gives a short and sweet sentence: ”We are also offering crossplay between PC and other platforms.”
In one of Ubisoft’s news articles from June, we saw: “Those who want to play in co-op can form groups of up to three seamlessly by finding and inviting others to join their fleet.” Allegedly, servers can support up to 20 players via crossplay.
Cross-progression, ie, the game’s ability to track and save your progress regardless of the platform you are using, will also be a feature.
An Open Beta ended yesterday, and among its listed features was “Cross-progression & Cross-play enabled.” So we can confirm that crossplay was indeed featured during Open Beta. Thousands of players flocked to the Red Isles and were able to play together, regardless of the platform they were using.
- Engage in thrilling naval battles and equip a multitude of powerful weapons as you risk it all for the biggest loot.
- Sail the lawless seas solo, or team up with two friends or other players to partake in shareable contracts and rewards.
- Face cutthroat pirate hunters, deadly sea monsters, unpredictable weather, dangerous rogue waves, supernatural threats, and more as you explore a vast open world.
- Craft and sail up to 10 different ships at launch, each with unique perks to match your own personal playstyle.
- Grow your infamy and unlock resources and opportunities to get riskier contracts and upgrade your equipment.
On What Platforms Will Skull and Bones Be Playable?
Skull and Bones will be playable on PC, Amazon Luna, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X/S.
This is sad news for last-gen users. But, seeing what specifications the game requires, it is a sad but understandable decision. Last-gen consoles just won’t be able to support the game in the way developers intended it to be.
We got more Skull and Bones articles, like How to Play Skull and Bones Beta and Skull and Bones Release Date. Editions, Pricing, and System Requirements.