At its surface, Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier is nothing more than a generic Japanese role-playing game that was seemingly cranked out of an RPG-O-Matic machine. Without any original hooks or features unique to the Nintendo DS, it's difficult to see how it could attract new fans to the long-running franchise. But from the depths of its turn-based template you can salvage a few sparks of life that give Endless Frontier a reputable edge. The long chains of awesome-looking attacks are counterbalanced by some extraneous exposition, but if you sift through the snoozer of a story and focus on the smart writing, you'll have a good laugh between the fantastic fights.
* Fantastic combat is fast, fun, and deep
* Well-translated dialogue is often funny
* Lots of likable characters
* Large, pretty character sprites are fluidly animated
* Incomprehensible story
* Dated, generic RPG structure
* Boob jokes get old