It seems to be the year for incremental improvements in baseball management simulations. Just like its main rival, Out of the Park Baseball 9, Baseball Mogul 2009 enters a new season looking a lot like it did last season. After adding a tremendous number of new features and enhancements during the past two years, the current edition of the text-based sports sim is more of a taking-stock upgrade. It focuses on minor revisions to the presentation and artificial intelligence. The result is a good game with subtle improvements that make a better big-league management experience, but one that isn't essential if you already own its predecessor.
* New Major League rosters for 2008
* Franchise scenario options with new Expansion mode
* Subtle improvements to visuals and artificial intelligence.
* Very similar to last year's game
* A few quirks with stat results
* Some bugs with data display.