Submitted by vector415 432d ago | news

Battlefield 4 Producer Says EA And DICE Have The Better Game

This year Battlefield 4 will be going against Call of Duty: Ghosts and the new shooter will also have competition from Destiny and Titan fall next year. (Battlefield 4, PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One)

Alternative Sources
NameRemoved0017  +   433d ago
I would rather play battlefield 2 over COD anyday...
NewMonday  +   433d ago
despite my dislike for EA, I can't help but feel hyped for BF4, would've delayed my PS4 purchase till 2014 if this game wasn't at launch.

only other FPS I'm hyped for is Destiny.
sobekflakmonkey  +   432d ago
to be honest, Destiny is the only FPS I'm really hyped for, I mean KZ: Shadow Fall looks alright, but BF4 looks like it could be amazingly awesome (already pre-ordered it for PC) but really getting sick of FPS games, that's why I'm hoping The Division and Watch Dogs are decent games.
dantesparda  +   431d ago
Im sorry but i could care less about Destiny, i dont think that it even looked next gen. BF4 i like and looked real good, put i am seriously concerned about it being 720/60, I rather it have been 1080/30.
Kanzes  +   432d ago
New Battlefront FTW
MysticStrummer  +   432d ago
I'm definitely interested to see and hear more about it, but it's waaay too early to declare the new SW:BF a worthy game.

It's like watching the iconic SW opening words scroll up the screen at the beginning of Phantom Menace and declaring it a great movie.
#1.2.1 (Edited 432d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report
Kanzes  +   432d ago
I'm just glad that they finally listened to us ;)
Hufandpuf  +   433d ago
It's true from what I've seen so far.
xflo360  +   432d ago
Anyone that was in ANY doubt as to which game was better, was no longer in doubt after e3. BF4 looked incredible, us console gamers are finally going to experience BF how its meant to be played i.e 64 player online! Cant wait!! :-)
o-Sunny-o  +   433d ago
Always have been the better game. It had the better sound and gameplay. I just like Battlefield Bad Company games better than BF 3. I hope this one will be good other than graphics and bring back the destruction.
WorldGamer  +   432d ago
I agree with the statement, I think BF is an overall deeper game.

BTW, is the # of players in multiplayer on the "new" COD going to increase? I can't wait for 64 players on the PS4 version of BF4.

Awesome.
Classyismyname   432d ago | Spam
FITgamer  +   432d ago
I don't see how COD would benefit from having more players on such small maps. If you've ever played Ground War(18 players)then you should know it's a mess.
NameRemoved0017  +   432d ago
One large Battlefield 4 map will be the size of every cod ghost map combined lol. Supposedly the new engine supports even bigger maps than frostbite 2 did, I'm hoping for some all out 64 player vs 64 player vehicle maps.
#5 (Edited 432d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
SITH  +   432d ago
I stopped enjoying call of duty after modern warfare 2. I agree, battlefield series is definitely my favorite between the two. But bf3 nerfing caused me to get rid of it specifically. It got so bad a close proximity impacting tank shot, would not kill someone. I know this is not ARMA, but come on! I hope they can be a little less swayed by the vocal minority in BF4 which I gladly reserved.
Wni0  +   432d ago
I "think" they should know by now the they have a better game.
jjb1981  +   432d ago
I think destiny is a little different than battlefield 4
MysticStrummer  +   432d ago
I'm not sure how anyone could possibly disagree with that, but then again this is N4G.
UNGR  +   432d ago
I decided to listen to Activision, and Infinity Ward about the next Call of Duty, but as soon as that ass hat brought up AI for fish 3 minutes in I was out. That studio is practice with the tools, not one person is good at anything there. Hell they just caught the graphics up to 2010 for Christ sake. I don't even care about graphics, most developers keep them current enough that it stops bad graphical design from interfering with gameplay. I'd beat EA up and down the street until my arm got tired but BF4 is BY FAR a superior product. How is it that the Alpha looks and almost plays as good as BF3 on max settings. Finally they're taking time to make the games better. BF4 day one, all of the mindless drones can play Call of Duty.
#9 (Edited 432d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
titletownrelo  +   431d ago
well said, dunno why people disagreed
UNGR  +   431d ago
It's N4G, logic hardly sits well with anyone. Giving the benefit of the doubt somehow clicks with most here as being a "fanboy". But I could always kiss Sony's ass even with blatantly false information and get lots of agrees. Welcome to the internet, sorry you had to run into this website.
corywebb93  +   432d ago
Batlefield will always be known as Cod retarded lil brother.Cod sells 3 times as much why? because more people like it.Cod has revolutionise first person shootin games what has batlefield done but be a poor mans cod?

This year cod ghost is gona revolutionise first person shooting games again with fish a.i. and being able to control your own dog .

What will batlefield do ? copy everything of cod like they always do?
#10 (Edited 432d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(23) | Report | Reply
Aces17  +   432d ago
That is some nice trollin you're attempting here.
corywebb93  +   432d ago
What do you mean trolling? im being 100 percent serious.
dan_chan89  +   432d ago
haha, omg. Can't believe Haze is 5 years old now.
dcortz2027  +   432d ago
Yeah, decent game for a low price. Graphics were crappy though, but it was still great fun. So much potential..
Benchm4rk  +   432d ago
No wonder you think COD was revolutionary. You were probably playing Haze too much.
mwjw696  +   432d ago
Your comment is like the Game in your avatar... retarded.
Detoxx  +   432d ago
"Revolutionise first person shooting games AGAIN with fish A.I." HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
asiatico  +   432d ago
Can anyone argue otherwise at this point? Lol
MysticStrummer  +   432d ago
People who like their shooters to be more mindless than tactical will always go for CoD, and sadly they appear to be the majority.
asiatico  +   432d ago
Yea but I have a lot of friends who are those COD fans. But BF4 has actually gotten their interest more than Ghost has the multiplayer demo wowed
FrigidDARKNESS  +   432d ago
Yes they do far more intense than cod.
blanket14  +   432d ago
I just wish dice's new game would of been a ww2 setting or bad company 3!!!! but I am loving the naval warfare!
miDnIghtEr20C_SfF  +   432d ago
It's going to be a great one this gen... they can finally have it close to the PC version on console now.

Don't get too cocky though. They talked like this when BF3 was coming out against COD and they sold less and rated lower on Metacritic. I'm talking of console versions of course. Unless EA is talking about PC only.

We shall see what happens. I think it's going to be win for everyone. Both games are going to be awesome and different from each other.
MysticStrummer  +   432d ago
Yeah in my opinion there are better shooters than Call of Duty released every year, but that doesn't stop the mindlessness of CoD from winning the sales war. I doubt this year will be any different.
X14life   432d ago | Spam
ufo8mycat  +   432d ago
EA and DICE have had the better game since forever. Why is this news?

Though I feel BF3 was a step down from BF BC2, it was far superior to any COD game.

DICE really don't have to come out and say stuff like this, because gamers who have played both, already know.
Fergusonxplainsall  +   432d ago
COD has that run and gun feel like a arcade game, Battlefield is way better in terms of gameplay.

Graphics is no contest.Battlefield takes the cake.

I cant wait to parachute from the collapsing skyscraper and do amazing stuff with my RPG(64 players chaos). Damn i hope more people know how better it is.
Akuma2K  +   432d ago
With what all BF4 is offering how can you not be excited for launch day, COD Ghosts won't be able to touch BF4 when comes to team work and gameplay and the vehicles etc....already have my copy pre-ordered and paid off along with my PS4.
#18 (Edited 432d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
objdadon  +   432d ago
Even though I'll be getting a ps4, titan fall looks far more fun competitive multiplayer wise than all these fps games. I'm just saying.
PS3gamer4life  +   432d ago
Im waiting for h hour
mwjw696  +   432d ago
NO ONE CARES! Hell why do you even care? Sony already killed off the Socom guys.
MysticStrummer  +   432d ago
The "SOCOM guys" Sony killed off weren't the same people who made SOCOM 1 and 2, which are widely considered the best ones. The original developers had left Zipper by then, but the guy making H Hour is one of those originals.

A lot of people care, because a lot of people wanted a HD remake of SOCOM 2. H Hour has a very good chance of bringing back the greatness of SOCOM, even if it's a "spiritual successor".
mochachino  +   431d ago
I agree. I actually don't think there is a better competitive multiplayer FPS that better than BF4.
titletownrelo  +   431d ago
I could argue that Counter Strike is more competitive and Planet-Side 2 has a larger scale, but BF4 gets the best of both worlds and puts all its action into a kick ass engine with the best graphics and physics!

BATTLEFIELD 4 FTW!
#21.1 (Edited 431d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
FantasyStar  +   431d ago
It's AMAZING how you guys can compare apples to oranges...
titletownrelo  +   431d ago
it doesnt matter how much the gameplay differs, when it comes down to it...Battlefield games have a higher quality and the devs at DICE put more effort into their games than the devs at I-W. Which is why BF has the more advanced engine, graphics, and physics.
Godlovesgamers  +   431d ago
Regardless of what EA, DICE, and myself think, the fact is that both games offer different experiences and at the end of the day people know what they like.

It's apples and oranges, plain and simple.
greenlantern2814  +   431d ago
BF 4 vs. COD Ghost once again we have the this time will be different argument this time BF will win. Been hearing this said over and over, but unfortunately games that are really good usually sell worse than games that recive lots of hype.
I am sure every one here can think of a title or 2 you thought was great but sold poorly. And a lot of people will just get which ever game they can play multiplayer with their friends.
I will say without a doubt BF 4 multiplayer shown at e3 blow me away
#24 (Edited 431d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
user71484  +   431d ago
I wouldn't consider Destiny or Titanfall to be competition for COD or Battlefield. If your a realistic shooter fan you are going to go with Cod/Battlefield, if you like sci-fi shooter you go with Destiny/Titanfall.
sourav93  +   431d ago
64 players at 60fps. Can't wait. (And no I can't afford a PC that can play that at the moment, so spare your "Derp...just get a PC" comments. Thanks)
mrbozzedup  +   424d ago
Getting a Ps4 just for this

Dota 2 heads to DreamHack Moscow

4m ago - Why you should be keeping a close eye on Russia’s next big eSports tournament. | PC

Why The Pitchforks? Understanding Bullying and Gang Mentality in Video Games

4m ago - From Zoe Quinn to the recent DDoS attacks and threats to Sony Online CEO we see cyber-bullying al... | Culture

CounterSpy Review | The Vita Lounge

7m ago - CounterSpy is a fantastic action platformer that hits the mark. The game strikes a wonderful bala... | PS3

The Vita Cast Episode 39: Get That HyperD

7m ago - The Vita Cast is back and of course Tyler and Kyle talk about SAO:HF. They also chat about the us... | PS Vita

The Walking Dead Meets Spider-Man

Now - Come join us on Filmwatch this month as we give you a chance to win the Electro Collector's Edition of Amazing Spider-Man 2 or the Limited Edition... | Promoted post

Extended Fondling – Sonic Spinball Episode 5

7m ago - You spin me round Sonic. John and Laura go retro with Sonic Spinball. Our Fondling video seri... | Retro