Submitted by CaptainofCrush 466d ago | rumor

4: (X360) Fuse - 23,555
5: (Wii) Just Dance 4 - 19,914
6: (PS3) Fuse - 19,675
7: (PS3) Call of Duty: Black Ops II - 18,292
8: (X360) BioShock Infinite - 15,883
9: (X360) GRID 2 - 15,380
10: (X360) Batman: Arkham City - 14,607 (3DS, Nintendo DS, PS Vita, PS3, PSP, Wii, Wii U, Xbox 360)

Hard to tell
Is this rumor true? Rumor votes 11
DaThreats  +   466d ago
hmmm
PS3 only 9g behind..
Wow Fuse sold horrible.
#1 (Edited 466d ago ) | Agree(16) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
animegamingnerd  +   466d ago
i was expecting the life time could be around half a million but its not even probably going to get close to their
One4U  +   466d ago
yea same , this could put a dent on insomniac since it was in development for 3 yrs !
buddymagoo  +   466d ago
Fuse selling so poorly will probably make Insomniac think twice about making any more Multi-plats.
Sashamaz  +   465d ago
I've always thought insomniac was too small for multi-platform games but I might be wrong.
kneon  +   466d ago
Well it is VG chartz so they could be off by as much as an order of magnitude.

But if they are anywhere close to reality then Grid 2 and Metro last light are also doing really crappy numbers.
3-4-5  +   465d ago
Didn't Pachter say Fuse would sell like 5+ million ?
kneon  +   465d ago
Really, that's a pretty stupid prediction, even for him :)
Karpetburnz  +   466d ago
Thank you Sony for not giving up when when we needed you most, I can't wait to experience another generation of world class gaming with our loving community, thank you Sony for showing us the way.

The loving way is the Sony way.
warewolfSS  +   465d ago
Are you serious or are you just kidding?
Knushwood Butt  +   465d ago
Preach on, brother Karpetburnz.
DivineAssault  +   466d ago
Idk why the US favors xbox so much.. I guess all the exclusives that sony releases doesnt interest this country.. I sold my 360 because there wasnt enough exclusive games i liked that didnt have guns.. Oh well, to each his own
brich233  +   466d ago
thiers alot of us in the US addicted to xbox live party chat.
Geezus  +   466d ago
Yes! Party chat is awesome
KrystofKage  +   466d ago
This is the one thing PS3 owners have been asking for since launch, but it never happened. Bundling each xbox with a headset was a smart move as well.

But for $60 a month? Thats brutal.
DarkHeroZX  +   466d ago
Vita has party chat and its free. It has nothing to do with the service but the hardware. Ps3's split ram and larger OS footprint is why it can't do party chat. The vita has 512mb system ram and 128vram and a tiny OS.
brich233  +   465d ago
Its not 60$ a month. I only pay $36 a year. Its always on sale online somewhere like ebay. So thats like 3$ a amonth.
DivineAssault  +   465d ago
@ KrystofKage, XBLG is $60/YEAR not per month.. Its still BS though because u cant even send voice messages to your friends without it.. Ill be sticking with sony nx gen.. Since vita has party chat & its a handheld, i know for sure that PS4 will.. Plus online multiplayer is free as well.. See i dont mind paying money to these companies as long as my money is well spent.. PS Plus is worth the $50/YEAR because of the instant game collection you get on both PS3 & PSV.. Not to mention PS4 whenever it arrives.. Then you get fantastic discounts on DLC, games, etc..

XBLG only gets you online multiplayer & party chat for the $60/yr.. Its a better network n all but not that much better.. PS3 wasnt designed for all these media features they added to it which is sonys own fault & M$ 1 upped em on but they patched it the best they could & this time PS4 is built for all these things.. So was vita & theyre both designed to work with each other instead of patched together like before..

Vita has great network options so PS4 will be even better.. Ill set my vita on a stand to video chat with friends while getting some points in Killzone on the PS4... Or use it as a 2nd screen for maps/inventory on other games..
ziratul  +   466d ago
XBOX is US domestic product. If you are true American you will buy XBOX hahha (j/k)
dc1  +   466d ago
The only thing that's domestic about the XBOX is there corporate office address.

You can love the XBox all you want...just stop the tomfoolery.
sengoku  +   466d ago
lol
it's still made in china.
Gracchus  +   466d ago
Some of the difference can be accounted for by repeat purchases after the dreaded RROD strikes. Some people are on their 4/5/6th Xbox. Nevertheless, Xbox certainly has captured the bro gamer market and that's a huge demographic.
Any figures out there showing how many unique users there are of PS3 vs Xbox 360?
kneon  +   466d ago
I don't know anyone IRL that isn't on at least their 3rd 360.

And some of the delusions and misinformation is astounding. I've met people who thought COD was an xbox exclusive or that couldn't believe that you didn't have to pay to play online on any other platform, they just thought it was normal.
demonddel  +   466d ago
@ Kneon most ppl who play games don't care about exclusive only ppl who cares about this is u silly kids I assume giving you something to brag about like it's urs and nobody else can get it but keep up the good work yall are very entertaining
#3.3.2 (Edited 466d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(8) | Report
kneon  +   466d ago
Exclusives are the main reason to pick one platform over another. If it weren't for exclusive many people would just use the PCs they already own rather than buy a console.

Perhaps you don't care about exclusives because your platform of choice doesn't have any that are worthwhile.
#3.3.3 (Edited 466d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(0) | Report
demonddel  +   466d ago
@kneon lil bruh u so silly I'm with the majority I buy whatever game I like no matter what console it's on whether it's exclusive or not I don't brag
elhebbo16  +   466d ago
@demon yes because TLOU is for silly kids.
kneon  +   466d ago
@demonddel

Who's bragging? All I'm saying is if you're going to choose one console over another then the main factor is the exclusives. Otherwise why pick a console at all?

If you don't care about the exclusives then don't bother with a conole, use your PC. Unless it's horrendously out of date then it should provide decent quality visuals. And if you've got the money you can blow away any console in terms of performance.

Plus with a PC it's typically more reliable and often cheaper to repair when something does go wrong.
DEATHxTHExKIDx  +   466d ago
Microsoft is an American company ppl tend to buy their countrys own product. PS3 still sells a lot in America tho.
#3.4 (Edited 466d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Rageanitus  +   466d ago
I prefer my PS3 over my Xbox by a long shot because of the exclusives..... but I primarly play my PC for their exclusives and BETTER quality multiplatform games

Having said that the Xbox have quite a few games that are found only on xbox and PC making it seem like an EXCLUSIVE. But many ppl are console only players making the xbox seem like it has quite a few exclusives

Another factor is the multiplatform games tend to run better on the xbox vs the ps3, and xbox live does help quite a bit.

Having it priced cheaper at a base point always helps also, especially when many of the top games are sold from multiplatform games. So logically If I wanted to play only multiplatform games since my friends play those games why would the person pay 50>100$ more for the PS3.

Having said all this that , the best gaming combination IMO is the PC + Ps3, this will be the same for me next gen.
#3.5 (Edited 466d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
elhebbo16  +   466d ago
well not all of the US since me and all my friends only play on PS3. there used to be time where PS was dominant in the whole US (PS2, PS1 era).
o-Sunny-o  +   466d ago
Last of Us = PS3s sold ^~^
#4 (Edited 466d ago ) | Agree(16) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
elhebbo16  +   466d ago
they should bundle it for ppl that dont have a PS3.
RTheRebel  +   466d ago
Pachter:Fuse will sell 5Million copies what a moron
LoL
desertpunk86  +   466d ago
the reason why americans favor xbox is because of how convenient the system is,navigation is smooth and quick,background downloads while playing games and it download games while the system is off and no installation required for digital games and you can chat with your friend while doing whatever you want on xbox.

xbox live gold is not that bad i got alan wake,dark souls and tomb raider for $45 not bad considering tomb raider and dark souls would be $80 on psn.

ps3 has slow servers which means slow downloads,installation is required for digital games,you cant download on the background while playing a game,you cant download while the system is off and psn sales suck ass a mean come on is the nba finals and they don't bother to put nba 2k13 on sale while i pick it up on xbox for $30. idk i own a ps3 but to me the console feels outdated and ps+ feels like is for poor gamers that cant afford games.
#6 (Edited 466d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(13) | Report | Reply
RedHawkX  +   466d ago
$60 dollars a year and no blueray player is not convienent at all. the xbox is popular because the school kids are getting it and being peer pressured into getting it to play with there friends in school and be in the cool kids crowd. nintendo has all the elementary and lower kids. sony has the older more mature people mostly adults who understand to always get the best tech. i mean who gets an hdtv and doesnt get a blueray player for it? adults will because its effective cash spending on a product that plays games and blueray movies as well.
Geezus  +   466d ago
Honestly the lack of bluray player isnt a dealbreaker for a lot of people especially with the move away from physical media towards streaming... That being said the bluray player on the newxbox is a great addition
Rageanitus  +   466d ago
I bought the PS3 at launch for the blu-ray player. But nowadays it is not really a selling point since there are decent blu-ray players at a small price.

PPL get the xbox because the lower base price, and alot of ppl are on live. As much as I hate to say this ppl actually think alot of the games on the xbox are exclusives since they dont normally consider a PC as a gaming option.

Making it seem that the Xbox has just as many decent exclusives as Ps3.

If you look at the other perspective, the top multiplatform games like call of duty simply play better on the Xbox vs the ps3. MS did the right thing is pulling ppl in to use xbox live now they make seem like a necessity and a nice paid feature... which IMO is BS.... but hey pplare stuck in it because their friends are stuck in it also.

That is why I prefered PC gaming all this time, not as much pressure on the consumer wallet for software and software usage. Yes the hardware is more expensive, but the hardware is really that much better and you pay for what you get.
o-Sunny-o  +   466d ago
"you cant download on the background while playing a game"
On PS3 um yeah you can...?
Spontogical  +   465d ago
Doesn't work for me anymore. It used to a few years ago, but now the downloads go 'pending' when I play a game.
cee773  +   465d ago
yea this guy obviously don't own or never touched A ps3 lol

@Spontogical

are you playing online on the game because if your playing online then of course its going to stop the download
#6.2.2 (Edited 465d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(0) | Report
claterz  +   466d ago
"ps+ feels like is for poor gamers that cant afford games."

OMG are you serious? So because something is excellent value for money it means it's for "poor people". That is the most ridiculous argument against PS+ I have ever heard! You think $45 for 2 games is good? how about over 15 retail games for the same price with PS+? I know which one I would go for. Then again I guess I'm one of those "poor gamers".
Spontogical  +   465d ago
Looking at it another way, it's not really an argument against PS+. It's an argument FOR PS+. If it wasn't for PS+, I wouldn't have more than 20 titles this entire generation. I simply can't afford to buy games day 1 anymore.

I've been a PS+ subscriber on two occasions, and boy I've been impressed. I have been literally gifted with games every single month that I couldn't afford to buy new.

Batman Arkham City
LittleBigPlanet 2
Vanquish
Ico and Shadow of Colossus
God of War 1
Sleeping Dogs
F1 Race Stars
InFAMOUS 2
Uncharted Golden Abyss
Gravity Rush
Demon's Souls

It's like $400 in savings for me. And for only £30/$50 - Sony would have to give me 10 years worth of crap content for PS+ not to be worth the subscription. Absolutely love the service.
dc1  +   466d ago
@Desert
Your logic is flawed and your reasoning is paper thin. Are you here to manipulate the masses? Are you!
#6.4 (Edited 466d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
DarkHeroZX  +   466d ago
Ps3 has slow servers? I downloaded DC universe I 15 minutes. I downloaded all the God of war games in about 25-30 minutes. That's not bad at all seeing ass that's about 35 gigs of stuff. And you can download games in the background for ps3 too. Only thing you can't do is party chat. You make no valid points.
gnothe1  +   465d ago
its one thing to defend sony...but to say you downloaded DC universe in 15 minutes is a COMPLETE LIE...that game is over 10 gigs...an it took me longer than that just to update the game...me an my 2 buddies that i convinced to download it also took forever...so please stop with the sony has fast server crap cause they dont...you know it..EVERYBODY knows it...
TongkatAli  +   465d ago
Fanancing a 2013 Volkswagon Jetta, have Ps + and buy games.
#6.6 (Edited 465d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
CouldHaveYelledUiiW  +   466d ago
3DS is killing- hopefully some of that Nintendo-Ressurection-Power rubs-off on WiiU.

4 days...
LOL_WUT  +   465d ago
Not until an official price cut here's hoping at this years E3 ;)
DEEBO  +   466d ago
MS knows the U.S youth is all about fads even when it's not the best product available. MS stands for multiple suckers.who else is going to buy the same console more then two times plus pay to play online while it's free on other platforms? Multiple Suckers.
Belking  +   466d ago
I say the similar things about TVs. Who would pay for a overpriced Sony TV when you can get the same or better quality from Samsung? Looks like things didn;t go too well for sony in that department.

Ontopic: VG chartz....lol Vita games must be selling awfully too because I never see or hear about any games doing well.
iceman06  +   465d ago
It's not just consoles and TV's, it's everything! Sony HAS made some overpriced TV's AND computers. They thought that the branding edge that they had before the year 2000 could carry them. However, who hasn't had that misstep. Apple does it constantly with Ipod/Iphone. MS with it's bloated and monopolizing OS. Notice more Kia and Hyudai's on the road? It's nothing new to commerce. Trends will sell until..."the next BIG thing".
josephayal  +   466d ago
Flawless Victory for MS and Nintendo
Mr_Writer85  +   465d ago
How so?
N311V  +   466d ago
Massive 14% increase in PS Vita sales. I wonder if that's due to the announcement that PS4 remote play on the Vita will be mandatory. Regardless I'm pleased to see it as I really like my Vita and a bigger install base usually means publishers will invest more in games for the platform.
gnothe1  +   466d ago
these sony only guys kill me with all this talk about PS3 exclusives..these games are not that great an the sales prove that but you guys beat your chest about them ONLY because their exclusive..the resistance series an killzone series..if those games were multiplatform you'd consider them GENERIC SHOOTERS (which they are)infamous was BLAH at best...on the other hand the GOW series an uncharted series were great..are those 2 games really the saving grace of the PS3...LBP was a great game..not a mass appeal game but great none the less..even the 360 exclusives didnt really set the world on fire but you dont see guys running round beating their chest about HOW GREAT THEY ARE like you sony guys do...IMO halo is TRASH..i love gears..fable isnt my thing...an forza is nice...so all my big spending came down to multiplatform games..the COD..battlefield..madden..bios hocks...resident evil an both systems have those..

an as far as people choosing the 360 over the PS3...for me it came done to system ease of use an the ability to play an talk to my friends no matter what they were doing on their system..when i get on my 360 I FELL LIKE im online....when i game on my PS3 i always got the feeling i was playing by myself an that means alot TO ME!!!!
fhizikz  +   465d ago
feel the same way i have the sony exclusives and there really not as good as the sony guys on here say.(edit)... sony customer service also sucks. i bought UC 3 Goty and the was online pass not working they asked for a picture and receipt. i sent it 3 times its been over a month still no response 3 to 5 days they say. MS might not be liked but i never had problems with service from them.(game in from the U.S online pass should have worked)
#11.1 (Edited 465d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
gnothe1  +   465d ago
i just dont see what all the hoopla is about...most of those games are DECENT at best...GOW hasnt changed since the PS2..just prettier
TongkatAli  +   465d ago
I have party chat on the Vita for free. I like it, but I wouldn't bitch and moan If I didn't have it. Omg have to listen to people talking or else my gaming machine is useless omg /s.

You don't like PS3 exclusives that is fine, but don't act like they are complete shit, look at Last Of Us and tell me that game is shit. You guys talk about sales sounds like you're bandwagoners with bad logic.
#11.1.2 (Edited 465d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report
fhizikz  +   465d ago
i didnt say the games were bad otherwise i wouldnt pick up them to begin with they ARE Very good games jus not what sony guys say they are they just make em seem like there jesus or somthin . and TLOU looks amazing and prolly is just didnt play it yet.
#11.1.3 (Edited 465d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
fhizikz  +   465d ago
maybe its just that i expect too much from these games after reading what people say about them on this site. i was expecting SOOO much from the UC series that when i played them they didnt seem as good as i heard. goes for other sony games too not just UC. im not bashing the games dont take it that way
iceman06  +   465d ago
Sales don't PROVE anything. They may HINT that exclusives don't matter. OR, they may point toward the fact that diversity can divide the dollars. I am NOT arguing your tastes/decision to think that PS3 exclusives are meh...that's subjective. Nor am I arguing the choice of 360 over PS3 for ease of use. I am just stating that Playstation has always had a diverse group of consumers. Xbox was founded on a core of gamers that fell mostly into sports, racing, shooting. No knock, because I play all of those as well. But, that makes dollar focus much easier for exclusives.
Shinobi100  +   466d ago
Ya THINK Vita could use a big E3?
ARESWARLORD  +   465d ago
XBoX 360 sold well because it was a good system of its time. Everyone hates paying for live. The XBOX ONE is a POS that I hope fails.
Tewi-Inaba  +   465d ago
Luigis mansion still sells that much? wow
I don't know why, I freaking hated it
AdvanceWarsSgt  +   465d ago
Was it because it departed from the exploration aspect of the original? Or you just don't like the series in general?
Tewi-Inaba  +   465d ago
It really did depart from the exploration.
I liked the MP though.
But strangely enough I don't buy Nintendo games for the MP experience...unless it's MK or MP...
AdvanceWarsSgt  +   465d ago
Yeah, i can understand your complaint. A lot of people who loved the original Luigi's Mansion have frequently criticized Dark Moon's lack of exploration. In fact, in many reviews (both professional and user), that's often one of the negatives frequently brought up.
Ronaldo85  +   465d ago
All this ps3 vs 360 talk..how about elephant in the room--the Wii U? The original wii is out-selling the wii u, and no one is talking about that. I hope nintendo has a really good E3; and while I'm at it, microsoft too. It's bad for everyone if one company (sony) were to monopolize the entire console market.
AdvanceWarsSgt  +   465d ago
Just because the comments here aren't discussing Wii U sales doesn't mean its a dead topic. It's still a horse that continues to be flogged to death on a weekly basis.
Hicken  +   465d ago
Yeah, there's not exactly a whole lotta news about the Wii U, aside from how poorly it's selling. It's not getting in on the controversies, and there isn't really anything to look forward to at Nintendo's E3 presser... since they're not having one.
porkChop  +   465d ago
Well... Fuse definitely failed. That's for sure. Not surprising at all though. They took a fun looking game (OverStrike) and turned it into a boring, generic pile of crap (Fuse).

FFXIV: A Realm Reborn gets 60 day time cards

20m ago - FFXIV: A Realm Reborn now offers digital 60 day time cards. | PC

Hyrule Warriors Review - Destructoid

21m ago - "Nintendo, Team Ninja, and Omega Force together, co-developing a game based on the Legend of Zeld... | Wii U

Destiny Review - 8BitChimp

22m ago - 8BitChimp says, "Fly Me to the Moon. How do you review a game like Destiny? How do you put into m... | Xbox 360

[Polygon] Hyrule Warriors review: Old tricks

22m ago - Polygon : Hyrule Warriors isn't a Legend of Zelda game. Nor is it really a Nintendo game. Hyru... | Wii U

Start Making Games for the PS4

New Next Generation Steering Wheel Announced

24m ago - Finally a steering wheel has been announced for the next generation. Thustmaster has announced th... | PC