Submitted by Apollo1 474d ago | news

2013 Upcoming Wii U Games

A lot of Wii U games are going to get released in 2013.
From Rayman Legends, Pikmin 3, Bayonetta 2, The Wonderful 101 and many others. Which games are you looking forward to? And which games are you going to buy? (Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Lego: City Undercover, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2, The Amazing Spider-Man, The Wonderful 101, Wii Fit U, Wii U)

-Mika-  +   474d ago
Im srry but this isn't a good list. The WiiU is missing important third party titles like Dead space 3,Tomb raider,crysis 3, bioshock, Metro: last light, dead island and Naruto ninja storm 3. Most of the games on that list are "meh". There are no third party games on that list that make you go "I need this". Nintendo better do something quick because is not appealing at all.
#1 (Edited 474d ago ) | Agree(20) | Disagree(53) | Report | Reply
Apollo1  +   474d ago
Dead Space 3, Tomb Raider, Crysis 3, Metro: last light, Dead Island are canceled/not being developed.
Bayonetta 2, Lego City: Undercover, The Wonderful 101 are great games I guess. Games listed are not all games, but some great titles.
boybato  +   474d ago
I'm pretty sure most Ninty fans bought their WiiU to play their Pikmins, Mario, Zelda, Starfox , Metroid etc. so it'll be best we leave them alone.
ElectricKaibutsu  +   474d ago
Those are good games though...

Also I'm betting a lot of the Wii U owners on n4g own more than one system. I think most people on n4g do.
Mr402  +   474d ago
Finally Someone gets it.
Fel08  +   473d ago
I know I did.
herbs  +   474d ago
Mika I actually agree with you on this one, this list isn't all that impressive. Nintendo promised strong third party support and well its starting to look like they lied. Also thanks for not using the words weak and rubbish in your post that is very refreshing.
ShaunCameron  +   474d ago
Yeah. 1st-person/gray-and-brown-envi ronment/realistic/gun-toting games. Just what the industry needs more of.

<The WiiU is missing important third party titles like Dead space 3,Tomb raider,crysis 3, bioshock, Metro: last light, dead island and Naruto ninja storm 3.>
#1.4 (Edited 474d ago ) | Agree(12) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
PopRocks359  +   474d ago
First of all, Naruto is not an important third party game.

Secondly, while I agree the Wii U should get more third party support, the dev kits were handed out late into the development of these games. I would rather the ports that are made not be shoddy and rushed out.

Particularly in the case of THQ, it was stated that a lot of work would have had to be done in order to get the game out. Given THQ's financial situation, just getting the PS3 version done was a chore.
vickers500  +   473d ago
Do not equate Bioshock to games like DS3, TR, Crysis, Metro or Dead Island.

Bioshock slaps those gray/brown/realistic games in the face with one of the most beautiful art designs in gaming (my opinion of course). And it may be an fps with guns, but it's not JUST that, it's many other things as well.
Drainage  +   474d ago
get tomb raider outta that list, that game is trash as far as ive heard.
PopRocks359  +   474d ago
@Mika

You wouldn't buy a Wii U (let alone this list of games on it) anyway, so why are you even complaining?
pedroyamato  +   474d ago
I know you want to play bayonetta and are just trolling Mika.

So I give you my first Down Vote for 2013!

Happy new year N4G troll master.
rainslacker  +   474d ago
To each their own. I'm personally looking forward to the exclusives of Rayman Legends, Lego City, Monster Hunter, and Wonderful 101.
bullymangLer  +   474d ago
welp, bayonetta 2 disproves your comment. And if pikmin 3 integrates the new panorama view tech, giving the player an "ants eye view" from the ground up, allowing one to feel like they are actually small as they search for nearby items up in trees all around your living room, then . hohh boyy . hhohh boiyyy
ElectricKaibutsu  +   474d ago
Vita and 3da games do already. That you can look anywhere mechanic is great.
quantae06  +   473d ago
@Mika More games then the ones announced already will be released this year. Expect E3 to big for all 3 gaming companies this year.
Deku-Johnny  +   473d ago
How on Earth is it not a good list? It's a pretty great list and there are many more games to be announced in the coming months. None of the games you listed are any better than some of the top games on the article's list.
Apollo1  +   474d ago
Duplicate, Sorry
#2 (Edited 474d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Primal Rex  +   474d ago
Wheres my Metroid Prime 4 !!!
#3 (Edited 474d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
guitarded77  +   474d ago
Pikmin 3 is my most anticipated Wii U exclusive currently announced. Interested in Wonderful 101 and LEGO City Undercover too. I play my multi-platform games elsewhere because my friends are elsewhere for MP/co-op, or I can earn trophies/achievements on the others. If Nintendo had a trophy system, I'd probably buy more games for the Wii U. May end up getting Aliens Colonial Marines for Wii U anyway though since it has unique gamepad features.
r21  +   474d ago
IMO The only interesting one out of those games was Lego City undercover. Probably this and zombiu would be the first few games i get when i have the spare cash to get a wii u :D
PS4isKing_82  +   474d ago
wii u simply doesn't have enough games to compete with the upcoming console launches from sony and microsoft this fall.
catch  +   474d ago
You mean the unannounced systems with no announced games? Yeah, pretty tough to compete with that. Somehow, I think Nintendo will make it through alright.
G-cis  +   474d ago
dude,what...
quantae06  +   473d ago
It's far too early. E3 2013 will have tons of game announcements on all consoles.
WitWolfy  +   474d ago
A lot of late released ports on this list.... Kinda dissapointed feels like i bought a white elephant now
#7 (Edited 474d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(10) | Report | Reply
PopRocks359  +   473d ago
Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 are...?

Not to mention Nintendo Land and Mario U, that's more exclusives than Microsoft had during 2012.
donman1  +   473d ago
Guys... Since the generation of Wii, Xbox360 and PS3, most gamers own two consoles. Wii U owners for the most part got the console for the excellent 1st and 2nd party games. A majority of Wii U owner will also own a PS4 (me included) or a Xbox720 for the great 3rd party games that do not see a Wii U release.

So the real debate is which two console combo best fits your needs. I personally will be a Wii U/PS4 user. Yes I know there will be a few who end up owning all three but I doubt they will represent the majority. The bottom line is Nintendo and Sony have the best 1st and 2nd party games portfolio without question.
ronin4life  +   473d ago
I don't think the wiiu will be starved for 3rd mp games at all... this is going to be similar to the ps2, where the "stronger" consoles are't advanced enough to leave the weaker system behind and in fact are held back by it. Or, more recently the 360/ps3/pc: the games will be made for the first out, lowest common denominator and ported up.
donman1  +   473d ago
Well no matter how you slice it... the one console era is over. Wii U/PS4 is my gaming combo of choice. The 1st and 2nd party gaming franchises from Nintendo and Sony are just superior to anything Microsoft can put forth.
catch  +   473d ago
I'll definitely put a PS4 next to my Wii U but instead of the new Xbox I will be picking up a new graphics card for my pc unless they really blow me away with their exclusives.
quantae06  +   473d ago
I'm buying a Wii U & PS4 also. I sold my XBOX 360, it just wasn't for me.
#8.3 (Edited 473d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
PS4isKing_82  +   473d ago
Same here. Ps4/wiiU will make a killer 2 system combo.
#8.4 (Edited 473d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
dubal-e  +   473d ago
Really solid list considering it doesnt even include some of the other Nintendo brand titles we will see this year.
josephayal  +   473d ago
No BAD, i have had these games already on my 360/PS3
TristanV1  +   473d ago
i was about to agree with you than i saw 360 so i disagreed
Qrphe  +   473d ago
I'm only really waiting for Pikmin 3! Bayonetta may not come out next year.
Deku-Johnny  +   473d ago
I think Lego City Undercover is probably my most wanted it looks like it could actually be one of the best games this year.
TristanV1  +   473d ago
Who the hell plays WiiU lol its for kids and fat chicks
BeAGamer  +   473d ago
?
Thepcz  +   473d ago
system sellers?
lets be honest- its an average list.

apart from pikmin, there is no system seller. yes that 101 game looks good, but people wont rush out in droves to buy wiius for it. same with beyonetta 2.

its not a good start. nintendo needs BIG games announced with release dates. its all good having batman and assassins creed etc, but nintendo needs a killer app. one that isn't available on other systems or at least a major game that benefits greatly from wiiu.

black ops 2 and all the rest dont fall into that category as at best they have been on par with the 360 versions. wiiu needs to stand ABOVE the rest. wiiu needs to show its individuality and strength above the rest. so far, it hasn't done this.

e3 is too late. think about it, even if nintendo unveil zelda wiiu at e3, it wont be released until november, or maybe even 2014. heck, they might only show a logo or even worse just mention they are working on it.

Nintendo needs to announce games before e3 that will be released before the summer. big games. if not GTA5 then a major mario game, mario kart, starfox, f zero, metroid etc.

as of right now, the wiiu is merely just an alternative to the ps3 and 360, but not offering much all else.

wiiu fit or wiiu music just wont cut it.

i pray to god the devs who worked on xenoblade, pandoras tower and last story have something major up their sleeves.

ps- rayman legends looks good, excellent in fact, but again, not a system seller.
#14 (Edited 473d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
metroidfusion2  +   473d ago
Just wait like the rest of us and stop whining like a little baby and I get what nintendo is doing they are spacing out their 1st party and 2nd party games that gives 3rd party a chance to sell which is really good because everyone knows once nintendo come out with their usual 1st party titles they will sell millions and they will look incredible and since the wii u has only been out for a short time later this year or next year the wii u will start getting more ports and I think its good the wii u doesn't have all of the ports everyone else have its a fresh start and once the numbers grow which they are then more 3rd party devs will support the system my guess is thar the wii u is over 2 million worldwide and will keep growing its like the system is building up to the climax and its trying to get as many people on board until then so I will wait and give the system a chance and keep doing my research and the wii u is getting a ps4 and 720 port in 2015 called HUMAN ELEMENT and I'm sure the wii u will be getting more ports before and after and the wii u already has 10 native 1080p and 60fps games and I'm sure more are coming
BLKxSEPTEMBER  +   473d ago
Wow....I don't think I saw a single period or coma in your post...just saying
inStereo  +   472d ago
Breathe!
younghavok  +   473d ago
You speak as if every game has to be a system seller. The selection of Wii U titles along with the console features combine to make the console a worthy purchase. Its getting a healthy helping of 3rd party multiplats, quality 3rd party exclusives, and of course the top notch nintendo first party titles. There is plenty to sell it so far as the 2 million in console sales have proven. I am one of those who purchased it, and so far my purchase has been more than worth it and I dont own a single first party title on it right now.
Thepcz  +   472d ago
fair enough, but i have a ps3. i have batman. i could get assassins creed etc. why would i splash out a few hundred to play those games on wiiu?

this is the problem nintendo faces- it needs 3rd party exclusives, or at least their multi-platform games to be drastically better than the competition.

which as far as i can see so far, isnt the case.
younghavok  +   472d ago
Its not necessarily shelling out hundreds of dollars to play those games on the Wii U. I've honestly never in my life seen any one game that made me want to buy an entire console. No game to me has ever been that good. As I said its the combination. And while those games may not look drastically better visually, they do add something over the other versions in remote play which is perhaps the best feature the console has imo with Miiverse a close second. Than there is the backwards compatitibility of the console with games and accessories. The control options it offers for titles like CoD and I believe 007, and the exclusives it has and will be getting. Its another console to compliment whatever else you have. Assassin's Creed 3 is the same pretty much across all platforms, only the Wii U adds remote play which puts it above the other versions. I own Blops 2 on both the 360 and Wii U and the Wii U version is my version of choice because of the expanded control options and yet again remote play. If you are waiting on any one game to make you buy the console, do you believe any one title is truly worth buying a console for? Instead look at the bigger picture, if its something you like go for it, if not than don't. Imo right now it is worth the asking price, but thats just my opinion, others may feel differently
DivineAssault  +   473d ago
I really hope nintendo has some announcements soon... There is absolutely NOTHING i see that i want besides rayman legends & bayonetta 2 for wii u.. Only two exclusives that im interested in for that & just ONE for 3ds (castlevania).. smh, i hope those games get ported over to vita & ps3 at some point.. Those games look great but not system sellers in my book.. I love nintendo n all but they need to step it up cuz theyre losing me as a fan.. Zelda for wii u & 3ds better be closer to twilight princess than windwaker.. Im not playing the waiting game with them anymore..

Wii U isnt getting any new support so idk why people think anything will be different than before.. Wii got ps2 ports while wii u will get ps3 ports.. PS4 will release with games that look, sound, & play like next gen.. The wii u will get great games that by NO means will be ugly or unplayable cuz its at least HD with some decent power BUT the 3rd party offerings will be crappy imo.. Gamecube didnt sell well but got tons of games just like wii.. Wii U will too however, a lot of the games will just suck just like before.. Gamecube n wii got call of duty games & splinter cell games so there is NO DIFFERENCE in support this time around..
#15 (Edited 473d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
RTheRebel  +   473d ago
PS4 will release with games that look, sound, & play like next gen

May I borrow your time machine?
BitbyDeath  +   473d ago
Not sure why people are surprised, this should be expected from any new console.

By the time PS4, Valve and Xbox 3 arrive the Wii U will just be hitting/nearing it's stride. Still leaving Ninty with a years headstart as they'll all go through the exact same thing.

Just look at Vita as a recent example and 3DS before it.
#16 (Edited 473d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
younghavok  +   473d ago
That list looks quite good and Im actually surprised that I hadn't heard of a number of those titles. Considering none of the major nintendo hitters are on that list, 2013 could potentially be a humongous year for Nintendo. So far though its looking pretty good
BLKxSEPTEMBER  +   473d ago
I'll own all next gen systems as always. My Wii U sits next to my ps3 which sits next to my primary console my 360. I won't miss a thing! Gamers don't cheat yaself...treat yaself!!!
kupomogli  +   473d ago
So nothing interesting in 2013 that can't be purchased on another console.
Newsman  +   473d ago
You forgot The Sims, The Walking Dead, Dragon Quest X, Harry Potter Deathly Hallows 2, Jett Tailfin Racers, Yoshi's Land and more.

New Smash brothers, Metroid, Pokemon and a host of other exclusives.

Why Aren’t Wii U Owners Supporting Cult County?

25m ago - Crowdfunding efforts are becoming taboo topics in this age of greed and deceit. So much so that g... | PC

Atlantica Online – Empires of Gold update sees new areas and hero class

25m ago - With the Empires of Gold update, Nexon America has added new dungeons, a new mercenary and a new... | PC

Top 10 Drugs in Gaming

30m ago - Alex St-Amour from 3GEM writes: "In the real world, drugs are generally a pretty bad thing. You r... | Culture

GamerBolt: Cabela’s Big Game Hunter: Pro Hunts Review

31m ago - GamerBolt: "With few titles in this specific genre, if you're a fan of hutting then this title is... | PC

Win a PS4!

Now - Enter to win a PS4 from N4G! | Promoted post

Proxy Large PS3 Downloads through a PC

46m ago - Through the power of the Internet, a few third party programs, and some patience, you will be abl... | PC