Well, I guess this is a thing now. For the SECOND time (woo! Consecutive years! Continuity! Sequels! Possible miniseries!), instead of letting the rest of the internet tell us what we like, let’s tell them.
Below are the categories for N4G's 2014 GOTY. At this stage we are accepting your NOMINATIONS in these categories. Once we refine all the nominations we will post again with information on voting. At this point there's no limit to nominations, so no pressure to decide your votes just now - nominate whatever you like!
Please comment below with the category and nomination(s) for that category. There’s no limit to your nominations, but we can't promise that every nomination will be used in the final poll.
- Keep nominations to games/studios/events/similar of calendar year 2014.
- Remasters and HD remakes will not be included in nominations
- I’ve included some explanation/examples where I thought it helpful
- Nominations will no longer be considered for inclusion after 11:59 PM Friday, January 16, 2015.
*WE ARE NOT LOOKING FOR CATEGORY SUGGESTIONS RIGHT NOW. If you have an idea for a category be patient! You will have an opportunity to submit your category suggestions for future years.
2014 N4G GOTY Categories
1. Best New Studio
Studio with their first ever game released in 2014.
2. Best New IP
3. Best New Video Game Character
4. Most Interesting Gameplay Innovation
Moving a genre forward in either big ways that challenge conventional thinking or through subtle, nuanced techniques to a standard visual/gameplay/storytelling formula is what this selection is all about.
5. Gaming News Story of the Year
6. Most Replayable Game
7. Best Single Player Experience
8. Best Multiplayer Experience
9. Best Story
10. Best Soundtrack
11. Best DLC
12. Best Handheld Game
13. Best Voice Acting (Character and Voice Actor)
14. Best Art Direction
15. Most Anticipated Game of 2015
16. Fail of the Year
The worst game. So terrible. Horrifying really. We shouldn't even talk about it.
17. Indie Greatest Game of the Year (IGGY!)