Submitted by Mister_V 481d ago | rumor

Battlefield 4 – Operation Metro and Caspian Border Most Likely to Be Remade in Second Assault DLC

MP1st - Fan favorite Battlefield 3 maps like Operation Metro and Caspian Border might be sneaking their way into Battlefield 4 via the game’s recently announced expansion, Second Assault. (Battlefield 4, PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One)

Attached Video
Need more votes
Is this rumor true? Rumor votes 3
Neixus  +   481d ago
noshar canals will probably be in, almost the only map people play TDM on
Mister_V  +   481d ago
I'm surprise Nose Hair Canals isn't right up there with Op Metro. I bet if they looked at the stats, it'd be neck and neck with Metro as most-played map.

Also. Kharg Island. Would work perfectly with BF4's focus on amphibious warfare.
#1.1 (Edited 481d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Lilrizky  +   481d ago
Yeah that is my guess:

Op metro
Caspian border
Kharg island
Noshar canals/ op firestorm

Only maps that I can play on servers nowadays and they each offer a variety in
Environments, size and gameplay, which id be happy with
Wenis  +   481d ago
Gulf of Oman is the only fun map to play in BF3 in my opinion. Ironically its a BF2 map... though I do play on Nose Hair Canals TDM, and do napalm runs with the parachute and C4
titletownrelo  +   481d ago
to be honest, i dont want JUST BF3 maps re-done, they are far too fresh in my mind. For battlefield 3 they remade maps from battlefield 2, so logically Battlefield Bad Company 2 should be up next.

for BF4, DICE should remake 2 our favorite BC2 maps and 2 of our favorite BF3 maps with Frostbite 3 and bring back the AT4, XM8 variants, and the mounted turrets.
USA007  +   481d ago
It would be awesome to see some BC2 maps come back! Pretty much all of them were well balanced and fun to play on
LividAss   481d ago | Spam
3-4-5  +   480d ago
I just started BF3..my first one and so far Kharg Island is BY FAR the best map in the game.

I can't stand Firestorm or Norshal canals for some reason though. It ends up being all vehicles.

I'm playing on xbox 360 though so I'm sure the added players (32vs32) would help that out.

The battles and firefights that go on between B & C on Kharg Island Conquer is amazing and everything I thought a Military FPS could be.

Metro is good, but on Conquer you don't even use the park. I didn't even know of the park until I accidentally played a Rush map and was like "wtf is this map!"

If metro, they need to open it up a bit more. \

Caspian is hit or miss. Sometimes games are awesome, sometimes slow and boring...like extremely slow because of the long distance plus reliance on vehicles. Still a good map though, but both could use some touching up in terms of layout.
#1.4 (Edited 480d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
WorldGamer  +   481d ago
Project metro got annoying at times, especially when you spawned down in the subway. I hope they do something to make the map more balanced. Otherwise, great choices for remakes.
Mutant-Spud  +   481d ago
Agreed but it's still one of my favourite Rush maps, I love a war of attrition.
BX81  +   481d ago
Hmm
I thought metro was the crappiest map in BF3. It reminds me of a COD map.
Truehellfire  +   481d ago
Yeah, I absolutely hate Metro. Anytime that map comes up in rotation I just leave and go find another server. Caspian Border would be pretty cool though.
Hufandpuf  +   480d ago
I bet if they fused the undergound portion with siene crossing's winding street overhead, it'd be awesome. but I don't want to play bf3 maps, they need to bring some more BF2 maps like Highway Tampa.
Lockon  +   481d ago
It was to be expected that Caspian and Metro would be In. I hope Grand Bazaar makes it in.
ricochetmg  +   481d ago
I hope its free.
MysticStrummer  +   481d ago
Already talking about DLC...

smh
Gamesgbkiller  +   481d ago
Kharg island was really a good map.
#6 (Edited 481d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
FITgamer  +   481d ago
Gulf of Oman and Kharg are my two favorite Conquest maps.
Convas  +   481d ago
PS4 version, 64 players, YES PLEASE!!!!

And while you're at it DICE, an Oasis remix for 64 players would be killer as well ...
#7 (Edited 481d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
DeadlyFire  +   480d ago
Goto battlefield.com PS4/Xb1 both confirmed for 64 player support. :P
mkotechno  +   481d ago
Canals and Caspian for me, please ban clusterfuck maps like metro from BF4.
papashango  +   481d ago
pre-order BF4 and get Operation Metro 2025 dlc!

you seem to underestimate the power of the casuals.
sAVAge_bEaST  +   481d ago
metro, egh., the only way they could pull it off, is that you could take down the 2 camping buildings on the one side, and make it so you could take street level, plus subway to the park.. 2 sub levels, street, and subway.. then,,,, maybe.
#9 (Edited 481d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Ace_Pheonix  +   481d ago
Ugh, I hope not Metro
Caspian, Kharg, Firestorm, Damavand for me please. These are by far the best maps with perfect balancing. I love Canals as well, but if I had a dime for every round that there was absolutely terrible spawntrapping, I'd have a decent sum of monies.
mkotechno  +   481d ago
Canals with powerful BF4 boats and jetskies should be different.
Ace_Pheonix  +   480d ago
hmm... that's a good point
elhebbo16  +   481d ago
I rather pay for new maps but as long as they implement new technology like the waves and destruction, sure why not. personally for me would be Grand Bazaar and Karg.
Pillsbury1  +   481d ago
B2k and metro I want for sure.
Animal Mutha 76  +   481d ago
Not a fan of metro.

Noshair, Firestorm, Caspian and Oman for me.
Maninja  +   480d ago
I would really like to see Bandar Desert remade on next gen consoles. Console gamers would finally get to experience the biggest map in battlefield history the way it was supposed to be played. Aside from that Caspian border, Wake Island, and Back to Karkand would make me happy.
titletownrelo  +   480d ago
hey guys my name is kevin, I do concept art and design for video games on my free time
most recently I've been working on Levolution ideas for Battlefield 4. This down bellow is just a part of an article I've been doing with numerous examples, lemme know what you think.

"In this article I will be listing numerous conceptual examples of Levolution and how DICE, with the power of the Frostbite 3 gaming engine, can implement them into their incoming maps. While several of these events may not be as catastrophic as the previously mentioned skyscraper and dam, they will hopefully create an epic spectacle and a unique change in gameplay.

LEVOLUTION
#9:My ninth example requires that DICE remakes Operation Metro in the upcoming “Second Assault” DLC. For Battlefield 4 I was thinking that DICE could expand the entire map; give more flanking opportunities, eliminate claustrophobic corridors, and enlarge the underground metro area. For Levolution, imagine being in an intense firefight on the tracks when you see the lights and hear the sound of an incoming passenger train. These trains would temporarily separate one side of the station from the other and run over any unaware soldiers in movie like fashion. But these trains wouldn’t arrive at the same time, they would arrive at different times maybe even randomly, but not all at the same time, that would be annoying. To stop these trains, engineers could fire a couple rpgs into it causing the train to derail. Once the train is done sliding, players are free to go though its doors as seen in BF3.

AFTER THOUGHTS
-No passengers in the trains, that’d be messed up
-Maybe when they remake Op Metro, they could put Seine Crossing on TOP of it and connect it to the metro!
-Trains wouldn’t be destroyed right away due to the lack of engineers on Metro
-When de-railed, while sliding, the trains could still kill people resulting in a “Bad Luck”"
#15 (Edited 480d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Khan613  +   479d ago
They're going to resell us old maps?

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 10/21/2014

4m ago - Ryan Clements : Do you lie awake at night, dreaming of cutting down demons with a katana? Or... | PS3

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call review (3DS): Celebrates a franchise | DigitalSpy

5m ago - Between its expanded soundtrack and new modes, there's more than enough for reason for fans of Th... | 3DS

505 Games Showcase: How to Survive’s Storm Warning Edition

7m ago - 505 Games has introduced a noteworthy line-up of interesting games for both gaming consoles and m... | Next-Gen

Supreme Ruler Ultimate Released

7m ago - BattleGoat Studios has announced the release of their latest Real Time Geopolitical Strategy / Wa... | PC

iCreditCardNow.com

Now - Quickly locate just the right card for you. | Promoted post

Terrify Humans In Poltergeist: A Pixelated Horror, Coming To PC And PS Vita

8m ago - "Poltergeist: A Pixelated Horror is a horror-puzzle game that puts the shoe on the other foot, so... | PC