Submitted by Lavalamp 661d ago | article

Crytek: Warface could help players get over the prejudice against free-to-play

Polygon: "Crytek believes that its upcoming free-to-play first-person shooter, Warface, could help players get over the prejudice of the free-to-play business model." (PC, Warface)

majiebeast  +   662d ago
Planetside 2 and Hawken have already done a pretty goodjob at that.
JsonHenry  +   661d ago
Dota 2 did it for me. I am hoping that the new command and conquer will make me just as happy.
Grap  +   661d ago
Planetside 2 have terrible F2P system. u can't play it without paying money actually even if u have a membership u still need to buy weapons cause it's too hard to get a weapon without buying it
zeal0us  +   662d ago
free-to-win? no no no its pay to win. free to win makes little to no sense.

Some to most mmofps/tps nowadays have a terrible micro-transaction system. The only one I rarely see people complaining about TF2. So maybe companies should look to Valve if they want a good example of how to do it.
JsonHenry  +   661d ago
There are a lot of games that are not pay to win. Most games are just cosmetic or XP boosters at the most.

Also- if you want a Diablo game (that is BETTER than diablo) try Path of Exile. If you like Moba games try dota 2.
#2.1 (Edited 661d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Psychotica  +   661d ago
I have yet to find one I like..
Veni Vidi Vici  +   661d ago
Team Fortress 2 is excellent and should be the first place anyone looks for a FTP game.

World of Tanks was pretty fun and a nice change of pace until I got to the top tier tanks where I would have to play like 5 medium tier tank games just to afford(in-game money, not real money) the repairs of the top tier tank and ammo.

Hawken is pretty fun but I haven't really gone too far with it because there are (were?- haven't played in a while) only like 3 maps.

If you are looking for an ARPG similar to Diablo 2, then look at Path of Exile. Very solid game with an incredible skill tree.
#3.1 (Edited 661d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Psychotica  +   661d ago
I am thinking about trying Hawken, I used to like Mechassault when that first came out on the original Xbox
Alos88  +   661d ago
I'm not a fan of free to play, but if a ftp game comes along that is both high quality and doesn't offer advantages via microtransactions I'll give it a try.
Veni Vidi Vici  +   661d ago
Look at my post above. For the most part, those aren't pay-to-win. WOT might have a slight advantage for people that pay for "gold ammo" but I didn't come across them that often and other people usually call them out so you can avoid them or gang up on them to take them out fast.
#4.1 (Edited 661d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
RememberThe357  +   661d ago
We'll always be skeptical. Maybe if publishers didn't publicly talk about trying to get as much money out of us as possible we'd be more embracing of new models.
ExPresident  +   661d ago
League of Legends seems to do it right from my experience.
porter470  +   661d ago
as long as they don't pull a Sony and shut the game down after a few months, looking at you Bullet Run.
kevnb  +   661d ago
free to play games can be great as long as the micro-transactions dont make it unbalanced, or atleast too unbalanced. Then if people like the game they might buy things. There are plenty of websites and youtube videos that will tell you if a game is pay to win or not.
#8 (Edited 661d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Dazel  +   661d ago
Warface may be ok but it couldn't stop kicking me from a game in the beta, never played a whole game. That combined with the terrible customer service meant I've given up and deleted it.
#9 (Edited 661d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
DeadlyFire  +   661d ago
A beta will always have some crashes.

Final game should not though. Its mostly due to driver issues I believe.
#9.1 (Edited 661d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Dazel  +   661d ago
Hopefully, it did look promising for a CoD clone.

CD Projekt RED: Witcher 3 Content is "Locked", Final Bugs are Being Addressed With Extra Dev Time

2m ago - Nerdacy: "We've all heard the recent news of CD Projekt RED delaying The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt fro... | PC

Worst of 2014: Gaming’s biggest disappointments

2m ago - From broken launches and cancellations, 2014 gave us plenty to complain about. | PC

It Only Took $7,000 To Build This LEGO Halo Spaceship

3m ago - The iconic "Pillar of Autumn" from Halo, now in LEGO form. And it's damn huge—not exactly minifig... | Culture

Falcom president shares more details on Tokyo Xanadu

3m ago - An interview with Nihon Falcom president Toshihiro Kondo in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine... | PS4

Far Cry 4 (XB1) Review

Now - Ken finds his inner tiger in Kyrat. | Promoted post

Shiren the Wanderer 5 Plus announced for PS Vita

9m ago - Spike Chunsoft is bringing Shiren the Wanderer 5, originally launched for DS in Japan in December... | PS Vita