Submitted by Lavalamp 514d ago | article

Crytek: Warface could help players get over the prejudice against free-to-play

Polygon: "Crytek believes that its upcoming free-to-play first-person shooter, Warface, could help players get over the prejudice of the free-to-play business model." (PC, Warface)

majiebeast  +   514d ago
Planetside 2 and Hawken have already done a pretty goodjob at that.
JsonHenry  +   514d ago
Dota 2 did it for me. I am hoping that the new command and conquer will make me just as happy.
Grap  +   514d ago
Planetside 2 have terrible F2P system. u can't play it without paying money actually even if u have a membership u still need to buy weapons cause it's too hard to get a weapon without buying it
zeal0us  +   514d ago
free-to-win? no no no its pay to win. free to win makes little to no sense.

Some to most mmofps/tps nowadays have a terrible micro-transaction system. The only one I rarely see people complaining about TF2. So maybe companies should look to Valve if they want a good example of how to do it.
JsonHenry  +   514d ago
There are a lot of games that are not pay to win. Most games are just cosmetic or XP boosters at the most.

Also- if you want a Diablo game (that is BETTER than diablo) try Path of Exile. If you like Moba games try dota 2.
#2.1 (Edited 514d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Psychotica  +   514d ago
I have yet to find one I like..
Veni Vidi Vici  +   514d ago
Team Fortress 2 is excellent and should be the first place anyone looks for a FTP game.

World of Tanks was pretty fun and a nice change of pace until I got to the top tier tanks where I would have to play like 5 medium tier tank games just to afford(in-game money, not real money) the repairs of the top tier tank and ammo.

Hawken is pretty fun but I haven't really gone too far with it because there are (were?- haven't played in a while) only like 3 maps.

If you are looking for an ARPG similar to Diablo 2, then look at Path of Exile. Very solid game with an incredible skill tree.
#3.1 (Edited 514d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Psychotica  +   514d ago
I am thinking about trying Hawken, I used to like Mechassault when that first came out on the original Xbox
Alos88  +   514d ago
I'm not a fan of free to play, but if a ftp game comes along that is both high quality and doesn't offer advantages via microtransactions I'll give it a try.
Veni Vidi Vici  +   514d ago
Look at my post above. For the most part, those aren't pay-to-win. WOT might have a slight advantage for people that pay for "gold ammo" but I didn't come across them that often and other people usually call them out so you can avoid them or gang up on them to take them out fast.
#4.1 (Edited 514d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
RememberThe357  +   514d ago
We'll always be skeptical. Maybe if publishers didn't publicly talk about trying to get as much money out of us as possible we'd be more embracing of new models.
ExPresident  +   514d ago
League of Legends seems to do it right from my experience.
porter470  +   514d ago
as long as they don't pull a Sony and shut the game down after a few months, looking at you Bullet Run.
kevnb  +   514d ago
free to play games can be great as long as the micro-transactions dont make it unbalanced, or atleast too unbalanced. Then if people like the game they might buy things. There are plenty of websites and youtube videos that will tell you if a game is pay to win or not.
#8 (Edited 514d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Dazel  +   514d ago
Warface may be ok but it couldn't stop kicking me from a game in the beta, never played a whole game. That combined with the terrible customer service meant I've given up and deleted it.
#9 (Edited 514d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
DeadlyFire  +   514d ago
A beta will always have some crashes.

Final game should not though. Its mostly due to driver issues I believe.
#9.1 (Edited 514d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Dazel  +   513d ago
Hopefully, it did look promising for a CoD clone.

Nvidia G-Sync Monitor List Coming This Year For Unmatched Gaming Experience

9m ago - GamingWorm Says: Nvidia G-Sync technology monitors which enable gamers to get rid off stutters... | PC

Doom Is Playable On An...ATM

9m ago - I'm pretty sure people are now just running down a checklist of things Doom is not yet running on... | PC

Captain Toad Isn't Too Cute To Kill You

9m ago - Nintendo Treehouse's Daniel Orihuela stops by to show us how Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker takes... | Wii U

Our First Gaming Memories

9m ago - GodisaGeek: "Any serious gamer will tell you that gaming is not just a hobby – it’s a lifestyle.... | Culture

Start Making Games for the PS4

The Forest Preview by The Black Panel

9m ago - The Black Panel writes: Coming from four-person development team Endnight Games, The Forest is a... | PC