Submitted by Lavalamp 887d ago | article

Crytek: Warface could help players get over the prejudice against free-to-play

Polygon: "Crytek believes that its upcoming free-to-play first-person shooter, Warface, could help players get over the prejudice of the free-to-play business model." (PC, Warface)

majiebeast  +   887d ago
Planetside 2 and Hawken have already done a pretty goodjob at that.
JsonHenry  +   887d ago
Dota 2 did it for me. I am hoping that the new command and conquer will make me just as happy.
Grap  +   887d ago
Planetside 2 have terrible F2P system. u can't play it without paying money actually even if u have a membership u still need to buy weapons cause it's too hard to get a weapon without buying it
zeal0us  +   887d ago
free-to-win? no no no its pay to win. free to win makes little to no sense.

Some to most mmofps/tps nowadays have a terrible micro-transaction system. The only one I rarely see people complaining about TF2. So maybe companies should look to Valve if they want a good example of how to do it.
JsonHenry  +   887d ago
There are a lot of games that are not pay to win. Most games are just cosmetic or XP boosters at the most.

Also- if you want a Diablo game (that is BETTER than diablo) try Path of Exile. If you like Moba games try dota 2.
#2.1 (Edited 887d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Psychotica  +   887d ago
I have yet to find one I like..
Veni Vidi Vici  +   887d ago
Team Fortress 2 is excellent and should be the first place anyone looks for a FTP game.

World of Tanks was pretty fun and a nice change of pace until I got to the top tier tanks where I would have to play like 5 medium tier tank games just to afford(in-game money, not real money) the repairs of the top tier tank and ammo.

Hawken is pretty fun but I haven't really gone too far with it because there are (were?- haven't played in a while) only like 3 maps.

If you are looking for an ARPG similar to Diablo 2, then look at Path of Exile. Very solid game with an incredible skill tree.
#3.1 (Edited 887d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Psychotica  +   887d ago
I am thinking about trying Hawken, I used to like Mechassault when that first came out on the original Xbox
Alos88  +   887d ago
I'm not a fan of free to play, but if a ftp game comes along that is both high quality and doesn't offer advantages via microtransactions I'll give it a try.
Veni Vidi Vici  +   887d ago
Look at my post above. For the most part, those aren't pay-to-win. WOT might have a slight advantage for people that pay for "gold ammo" but I didn't come across them that often and other people usually call them out so you can avoid them or gang up on them to take them out fast.
#4.1 (Edited 887d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
RememberThe357  +   887d ago
We'll always be skeptical. Maybe if publishers didn't publicly talk about trying to get as much money out of us as possible we'd be more embracing of new models.
ExPresident  +   887d ago
League of Legends seems to do it right from my experience.
porter470  +   887d ago
as long as they don't pull a Sony and shut the game down after a few months, looking at you Bullet Run.
kevnb  +   887d ago
free to play games can be great as long as the micro-transactions dont make it unbalanced, or atleast too unbalanced. Then if people like the game they might buy things. There are plenty of websites and youtube videos that will tell you if a game is pay to win or not.
#8 (Edited 887d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Dazel  +   887d ago
Warface may be ok but it couldn't stop kicking me from a game in the beta, never played a whole game. That combined with the terrible customer service meant I've given up and deleted it.
#9 (Edited 887d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
DeadlyFire  +   886d ago
A beta will always have some crashes.

Final game should not though. Its mostly due to driver issues I believe.
#9.1 (Edited 886d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Dazel  +   886d ago
Hopefully, it did look promising for a CoD clone.

Homefront The Revolution Gameplay Demo

9m ago - A gameplay demo of Homefront The Revolution looking at the open world guerilla based gaming. | PC

Microsoft Says New Xbox One Chatpad, LE Controllers "Will Take Your Gaming to the Next Level"

28m ago - Microsoft unveiled the new peripherals at gamescom, saying they will be available for purchase in... | Xbox One

Check What PS4 Games are Coming Out in August

Now - At Releases.com you can check release dates for all PS4 games. Visit now and start tracking the games you plan to buy. | Promoted post

Gamescom: Halo 5, FIFA 16 Xbox One Bundles Coming This Fall

30m ago - Microsoft announced the Limited Edition bundles at Gamescom Tuesday | Xbox One

Submerged Review – Shadowed by the Colossus (PS4) -- PlayStation LifeStyle

49m ago - PlayStation LifeStyle writes: Submerged tries to be something memorable but misses the mark. Read... | PS4

Top 5 PlayStation Executives

49m ago - In this episode of Top 5 Tuesdays, PSLS takes a look at the top five (currently active) PlayStati... | Culture