Wondering how to get recipes for new meals in Disney Dreamlight Valley? We’ve got you covered. We’ll go over all the details about unlocking new recipes as you make progress in the game.
In Disney Dreamlight Valley, cooking is an essential part of your playthrough. As you journey to new realms and meet your favorite Disney characters, you’ll often be tasked with completing questlines that involve preparing all sorts of meals. This can range from Remy’s signature Ratatouille to a meaningful Seafood Salad dish as a gift from Moana to Maui. Apart from these quests, you can also cook tasty dishes to restore Energy. No matter your reason, you’ll want to get new recipes from time to time. Here’s how to add new meals to your recipe book in Disney Dreamlight Valley.
How to Get New Recipes in Disney Dreamlight Valley
As you make progress in your Disney Dreamlight Valley playthrough, you’ll learn new recipes in a number of different ways. This can include:
- Character-specific quests
- Experimenting with ingredients
- Discover the Secrets of Dreamlight Valley – Free the Dream Castle from the insidious grip of the Forgetting, and unlock the unique Realms of well-loved Disney and Pixar characters. Each Realm has its own challenges, with puzzles to solve and friends to bring back to Dreamlight Valley.
- You’ll start your adventure in the Valley and discover inspiring locations – Explore what lurks in the darkest corners of the Valley and brave the deepest caverns as you take on challenges from iconic Disney and Pixar heroes and villains. Who knows what—or who—you might discover.
- Forge Friendships with Disney and Pixar Characters – Garden with WALLE, cook with Remy or kick back and fish with Goofy. What better way to collect, craft, and rebuild the Valley than with a friend! From kind princesses to nefarious villains, every Dreamlight Valley resident brings their own story arc, quests, and rewards. Meet up for daily hangouts and make friends with some of your favorite Disney and Pixar characters.
- Restore the Valley to Its Former Glory – Free the Valley from the grip of the Forgetting and return Dreamlight Valley to its former greatness by making it your own. In Dreamlight Valley, you can build the perfect neighborhood that is just for you with a fully customizable layout, creative landscaping, and thousands of decorative items. Will you settle on the Beach next to Moana, or call Buzz Lightyear your next-door neighbor in the Plaza?
- Express Your Disney Style – Bring out your inner princess, villain, or anything in between! Assemble unique outfits and decorate your home with thousands of fantastic items. Using the Touch of Magic tool, you can even create your own designs using Disney and Pixar motifs! With the in-game Camera, get ready to snap a sunset selfie with Mirabel, a culinary creation with Remy or simply cherish a moment.
Getting Recipes from Characters
This is the most common way to get your hands on new recipes in Disney Dreamlight Valley. From early on, the characters you meet will ask you to complete various quests. This often involves whipping up specific meals, which they’ll provide the instructions to prepare. After completing one of these quests, you’ll gain access to the details for the dish, so you can cook up a serving for yourself anytime you want.
Digging Up New Recipes
While it doesn’t happen all that often, you can sometimes find recipes while you’re mining in Disney Dreamlight Valley. Specifically, this happens when you dig in areas marked by gold sparkles. There’s no trick to ensure that you’ll find new recipes, so this isn’t exactly the most reliable method to learn about new meals. That said, it’s definitely not a waste of your time to dig in these spots when you find them.
Learning New Dishes as You Go
If you want to learn how to cook new recipes in Disney Dreamlight Valley, you can’t go wrong with some old-fashioned experimentation in the kitchen. Of course, you’ll want to have a solid variety of ingredients on hand to discern what pairs well together, from herbs and fish to all sorts of fruits and vegetables. Pretty much anything you throw into a pot on the stove will result in a dish of some kind. This is the simplest way to come up with new recipes.
For more tips on Disney Dreamlight Valley, check out these additional guides from our team: