Submitted by Nyxus 126d ago | news

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Deja Vu and Jamais Vu missions going multiplatform, free of charge

The Deja Vu and Jamais Vu missions, which were exclusive content for the PlayStation and Xbox versions of MGSV Ground Zeroes respectively, will be made available for the other systems as well. This has been announced during Episode 6 of he Japanese Kojima Station. (Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One)

Alternative Sources
cfc78  +   126d ago
Good news strange that they decided to change it but it's all good,well played Kojima san.
#1 (Edited 126d ago ) | Agree(12) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Nyxus  +   126d ago
Yeah at least you can get all content now regardless of what platform you bought the game for.
Yi-Long  +   125d ago
Good news indeed. I hate console/retailer exclusive content.
AntoineDcoolette  +   125d ago
Yeah, its a good move by Kojima/Konami on part of the fans.

I'm looking forward to playing Raiden's mission
jessupj  +   125d ago
Good news.

Also a very big step for MS, actually letting gamers have something for free.
The_Sneauxman  +   125d ago
It's Kojima/Konami, not Microsoft
LordMe  +   126d ago
Cool. Really wanted Raiden.
Allsystemgamer  +   126d ago
Same. While déjà VU was a nice throwback I was hoping it would be an actual mission in the traditional sense.
Omar91  +   126d ago
I knew this would happen. Sweeet time to get back on MGS:GZ
lesrima88  +   126d ago
still not worth $30 for a demo
shivvy24  +   125d ago
even demos now come with DLC
One_Eyed_Wizard  +   125d ago
And it's free. What's the problem with that?
Nate-Dog  +   125d ago
Hah, good news for players in a way but pathetic from Konami and Kojima. "Here's exclusive content on X system so make sure you get your pre-order in quickly to receive it!" and then turn their backs on it.
christian hour  +   125d ago
It didnt require a pre-order to receive in the first place.

And to others complaining about the price still, the value you get for 30 dorras is entirely subjective.

Personally for me, I've put more hours in to ground zeroes than most €60 games i've bought this gen, and a lot more replayability and differing experiences than a lot of full retail priced games in the last 10 years.

Roll on The Phantom Pain, I've been playing these games for 16 years now and it has always been a mark of Quality.
Nate-Dog  +   125d ago
I never said it was a pre-order exclusive. It was used as an advertising draw though to increase sales and extra pre-orders in general.
One_Eyed_Wizard  +   125d ago
It wasn't a preorder exclusive. Anyway, they did that to respond to the claims that the game is too short. This adds a new mission to both platforms which is nice I guess.
moujahed  +   125d ago
Can you even use Raiden's sword in Jamais Vu?? If not I could careless for a skin. The grey fox skin moves just as fast
Mikefizzled  +   125d ago
You can't use Raidens blade but as you stated Raiden runs at super speed and with considerably better jumping ability. Other than that the Jamais Vu mission is just fun and quirky.
Solid_Penguin-64  +   125d ago
Happy days :D
Mikefizzled  +   125d ago
That card been held up only states 360? I assume/hope its also coming to the One?
#8 (Edited 125d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
One_Eyed_Wizard  +   125d ago
They probably meant Xbox consoles. No reason not to include X1.
RadeonXRay  +   125d ago
I think the reason they don't show the XB1 name/logo is that it's a japanes podcast and the XB1 console isn't out in Japan until September.

I live in Denmark (Scandinavia-Europe) and the XB1 isn't out here until september either, so all the advertisement for Titanfall only states 'out on Xbox 360 and PC'

So my bet is yeah, it is coming for the XB1 also.
Mikefizzled  +   125d ago
Some pretty solid reasoning there. Completely overlooked that fact.
HeavenlySnipes  +   125d ago
Now all they need to do is package a code for Ground Zeros in every copy of Phantom Pain for free as well and we're good
#9 (Edited 125d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
MasterCornholio  +   125d ago
Thats good news. I'm still waiting for the price to drop a little more on the demo though.
e-p-ayeaH  +   125d ago
It would be nice if we could get more free content like this until phantom pain comes out.
#11 (Edited 125d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Kyosuke_Sanada  +   125d ago
So.....when are they going to patch MGO to Ground Zeroes?
#12 (Edited 125d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Heisenburger  +   125d ago
That would be cool if we got access to the beta at least. Could go a long way to mend some bridges.

I certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at it.
Baccra17  +   125d ago
What's the catch?
DarXyde  +   125d ago
Neat. I know some would disagree, but I really enjoyed the Deja Vu mission. I got some good laughs and the nostalgia factor was pretty sweet. Just don't like how, when you hear Solid Snake's voice during some of the flashbacks, it's obviously not Hayter (or Sutherland, for that matter).

I wasn't particularly hurting to use Raiden because I've always liked Naked Snake most, followed by Solid and Solidus. Still, free is free.
Moe-Gunz  +   125d ago
Only reason I'm not too excited to get Raiden is because I played as Grey Fox who also runs super fast. Although he doesn't have the jumping ability. I welcome it though.
MasterD919  +   125d ago
Was this Kojima's big announcement? Ok then....
jay2  +   125d ago
Ffs no you dont lie up fans on exclusive dlc like that
#17 (Edited 125d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply

Hanasaku Manimani Vita demo released

10m ago - 5pb have released the demo version of the PS Vita Hanasaku Manimani ADV game in Japan. | PS Vita

This week's new UK releases

14m ago - GamesAsylum looks at the week's releases, including Metro Redux, Madden 15, inFamous: First Light... | Xbox 360

Dead State beta released, adds a lot to the game

14m ago - IncGamers reports that Dead State's Early Access demo has been updated to beta form, adding in a... | PC

Mario Kart 8 DLC opens some serious doors for the series

14m ago - From the article, "Seeing Link stuffed into a tiny go kart, knees jutting from the sides, isn’t a... | Wii U

The Walking Dead Meets Spider-Man

Now - Come join us on Filmwatch this month as we give you a chance to win the Electro Collector's Edition of Amazing Spider-Man 2 or the Limited Edition... | Promoted post

The Walking Dead: Season 2 (Spoiler Free) Conclusions, A Sort Of Review

15m ago - Matt will be the first to admit; he questioned Telltale’s choice to make Clementine the playable... | PC