Submitted by halocursed 920d ago | news

Black Ops 2: Activision "Aware" of Connectivity Issues with PS3 Version

GR - "Activision working on a resolution to fix Black Ops 2's PS3 matchmaking issues." (Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, PS3)

Alternative Sources
Jinkies  +   921d ago
and like all the previous CODs on the PS3...they don't give a crap.

When will people learn
Lovable  +   921d ago
Actually they do give a crap.
Jinkies  +   921d ago
No they don't, all they care about is the 360 version, thats where most of there money comes from...360 gamers.

Look at the deals and good relationship it has with Microsoft.
Lovable  +   920d ago
Once again, people over reacts on launch day. It will get fixed just hold your horses. Now, if we're talking about Bethesda then I agree...
BlackTar187  +   920d ago
overreact on launch day? You mean they expect a $64 dollar item to function properly after it being the 4th release of this game on said system?

Wow what a crazy world man
DarthJay  +   920d ago
@BlackTar187 - the game works just fine. You can play the single player and localized games without a hitch. The servers are getting bombarded by a record number of people trying to get on all at the same time, all while they still have servers dedicated to Modern Warfare 3, Black Ops and even Modern Warfare 2, all of which still rank in the top 20 most played games on Xbox Live as of last week... very highly ranked I might add.

That's just Xbox 360. Add the PC and PS3, and there will absolutely be hiccups on launch WEEK. Then they will stabilize once things settle into a groove and they can start shuffling the deck of servers.

Yeah, people are excited and want to play. Yeah, it sucks that it has to be this way. But to react like this is Diablo 3 where you legitimately can not access any aspect of your game is absurd.

By the way, this is coming from someone that hates the game and the franchise. This is totally defensible. I can't even imagine the amount of servers they already have. They will sort it out and all will be fine.
guitarded77  +   920d ago
I game on all consoles and have bought every CoD title this gen for PS3, but this time I bought BlOps 2 for the XBOX. I've learned over the years that PS3 is not their priority, and most of my PS3 friends don't even play CoD, so I just went ahead and switched up. It wasn't my preference, but if one has the option to switch up, I recommend it.
BattleAxe  +   920d ago
The same connectivity issues happened with World at War and Black ops 1, and they fixed within around 4 weeks each time. Its still a piss-off though, since they should have learned from the previous two games.
theEx1Le  +   920d ago
Whats even worse is, I've been playing since Saturday and had absolutely no problems at all until last night. All dem yanks clogging up the servers :D
Razmossis  +   920d ago
They've been aware for the past 5 years.
ziggurcat  +   920d ago
@ lovable:

if they actually cared, this issue wouldn't keep popping up in (apparently) every and/or a significant portion of the PS3 versions of CoD.

activision has had a hate-on for the PS3 for a long time now, and their devs have allegedly not used any of the tools that sony provides them to improve their games on the system then proceeded to s**t-talk the system because they're too idiotic to have learned how to properly optimize their code.
Merrill  +   920d ago
It's hard to not be aware of a problem that I am sure they most likely created as part of their allegiance with Microsoft.

You can't say it's better on Xbox live if it runs equally and we all know that the problem isn't on Sony's end, as their service runs fine on all first party developed games that I play online.

What ever happened to quality control? Why doesn't Sony step in and call Activision out on this? They continually ship broken games and quite frankly it makes the Sony brand name look bad when it plays fine on other platforms, even though we know it's not Sony's fault.
#1.2 (Edited 920d ago ) | Agree(16) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
MikeMyers  +   920d ago
You forgot to mention that Microsoft, not Activision, runs the servers for their games on Xbox Live. With few exceptions like Electronic Arts who refused to support Xbox live unless EA had full control of their own servers so as they can take their games down whenever they feel.

Call of Duty on the PS3 runs through Demonware. This could also be one of the reasons why Xbox Live comes with a fee.
#1.2.1 (Edited 920d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(3) | Report
jadenkorri  +   920d ago
@ mikemyers

you should call MS and say you can't connect to Bops 2 and see if they will take care of it.They will confirm live is running then refer to activision/developer of said game. Discover what your really paying live/ms for.
#1.2.2 (Edited 920d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(2) | Report
miDnIghtEr20C_SfF  +   920d ago
I hope you were this vocal with EA's support of BF3 on PS3 over it's step child on 360.

Tough doo doo for PS3 only owners this generation getting the short end of the stick on most multi plats isn't it?

And you must not of played the new Starhawk, the new Twisted Metal and some Uncharted 3 at first as well as other only PS3 games. Those games all had problems with connections at one point or another when they launched.

Maybe the reason Sony doesn't step up and call them out is because they know too already. They know that the 360 is the king of COD. Sorry, that's the way it is this gen.

PS3 got BF3, 360 get's COD.

Sorry. (i'm sure something clever will be written... too bad juniors run the site, and my 1 bubble won't get a chance to respond.
MikeMyers  +   918d ago
jadenkorri, I don't have Bops on the Xbox 360. Nor did I say Live fees are warranted. Thanks for asking.
GraveLord  +   920d ago
I actually didn't have problems with MW3 or Black Ops at launch.

After playing for a few hours, I finally couldn't connect to the servers. The number of online players was also incredibly low, a huge decrease from yesterday. Either that's due to connection issues, or people trading it in since it doesn't work.
jadenkorri  +   920d ago
Single player and Zombie mode seem to work fine for me, its just the online MP that don't. All my friends/clan members are affected and were all from different locations. Were all talking returning already. Very disappointed with Treyarch.
lilbrat23  +   920d ago
I am actually playing this on the 360 and am having issues I keep getting errors cannot connect please try again. I'll be going back to MOH until they fix this or maybe just trade it very disappointing.
HA HA at ps3 owners who bought it. They never learn.
MRMagoo123  +   919d ago
hey nice one bubble there, i bought the game and i am far from disappointed because i didnt get it for online i got it to play against bots with my son because he loves it, so dont generalise i may not even try online once the whole time i own this game so it doesnt effect me at all.
BrianC6234  +   920d ago
I haven't bought a COD game in years. They don't care about the PS3 so I don't care about their games. I bet this problem was intentional to try to get more PS3 gamers to switch to the 360. Then they can just worry about that version.
Majin-vegeta  +   921d ago
As a PS3 player no offence to the rest of you PS3 players but you guys deserve it.You should know by now that Crapovision doesn't care about the PS3 players but like a bunch of blind Lemurs being led into a slaughterhouse you go out and buy it every year.
BlackTar187  +   920d ago
I bought soley for zombies and the zombies is extremely lack luster compared to all the rest. So i fail hard :(
Tetsujin  +   920d ago
I'm having more fun playing Borderlands 2 than Call of Crack (and refuse to buy it even used); and I've already talked to someone who sold their copy of Black Ops 2, with 2 others actually thinking about it.
#2.2 (Edited 920d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
BlackTar187  +   920d ago
yea i have already played and beat BL2 with 3 charcters and 2 of them thru the 2nd play through on TVHM. The DLC was beat a couple times as well going for the end of DLC treasure chests.

Also i got the BA glitch so it lost alot of love with me over that.

Love BL2 but i can't take anymore of it till new content is released.

I wonder if people are disagreeing because i actually bought BLOPS2 or that i think Zombie is weak compared to WaW and BLOPS2
#2.2.1 (Edited 920d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(2) | Report
AusRogo  +   920d ago
So people who just actually enjoy COD and only own a ps3, deserve it?
Tetsujin  +   920d ago
His point is people buy into the hype of CoD, then bitch and complain because of how broken the online is. I'm one of the many who refuse to buy anything CoD related; one reason because the PS3 versions always get some sort of shaft at the end, and "if" they do fix it the damage has already been done.
#2.3.1 (Edited 920d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(0) | Report
kopicha  +   920d ago
I can't say that those who only own a PS3 deserve such treatment. But I am quite disappointed with the PS3 version of this game. The framerate and graphics are still on the poor side. I tried to give it a chance this time and got the PS3 version but quite disappointed with it's performance on PS3. I enjoyed the game for what it is, but I hate it as well for how it play in terms of performance and how it look on PS3. Getting motion sickness once awhile when playing it. I have then try playing it on 360 at my friend's place and I feel much more right at home and more enjoyable given that the game is already good for what it is. Now I am thinking about trading my PS3 copy for a 360 copy of the game. I feel sorry for those who only own PS3. But I still took the punishment to try to believe in them for once by buying the PS3 version. And it turns out that I should stick to my point with this game. Anything COD is always better on 360 even up to this release.
Britainz-Fin3st  +   920d ago
Tetsujin, there arent that many of you really... just those few of you on n4g and other fanboy fueled gaming sites.
I coulda told you that.... And I don't even have the game. It happens every release.
SeekDev  +   920d ago
Yeah, Black Ops 1 didn't work properly for the first month, if not longer. After that, I decided not to get MW3. MW3 was received amazingly for the first two weeks, then the general rush of negativity occurred. This has happened with almost every release after MW1. I'm expecting it to happen with Black Ops 2, just gotta wait a while. If it doesn't, fantastic, a great game was made.
The_KELRaTH  +   920d ago
Problem is that it's not just Cod games that need lots of patches for it to work properly on the PS3 - over 6 months to get BF3 comms, lockups and lag fixed.
It seems if it's a multi-platform by the big publishers then the PS3 version just won't work properly.
Seraphemz  +   920d ago
Crazy thought, but any else think that this might be done on purpose to push more people towards getting the 360 version?
DarthJay  +   920d ago
You are absolutely right. It was a crazy thought.
Britainz-Fin3st  +   920d ago
Fuck with the ps3 version, to sell less copies, to make less profit, looks like you hit the nail on the head seraphemz
Seraphemz  +   919d ago
Thanks!!! I knew i was on to something....
Britainz-Fin3st  +   919d ago
lol
Mr-Zex  +   920d ago
It's a fustrating issues I'll give everyone who has the issue credit for not snapping their disc in half, but c'mon people it's only been two days since release, the majority of most games have multiplayer issues on release day, even though it virtually is the same system over and over again in CoD and they probably should have worked the kinks out by now, it's still the same with most games, so just sit back for a little and I'm pretty damn confident this issue should be resolved soon, if not, I'm returning the game straight up.
BrianC6234  +   920d ago
Does the 360 version have the same problem or does Activision just not spend the time needed to get good on the PS3?
sandman224  +   920d ago
It's not just the freezing issues with ps3 version, I bought both ps3/360 version and its night and day with the clarity and textures. The 360 version really is much better. You don't even need them to run side by side to see the difference. Now just for the record I was talking about the multiplayer part of the game. And that's what really matters when playing games like call of duty.
neoMAXMLC  +   920d ago
Would the biggest difference be that one is blurry compared to the other one?
At least the frame rate is pretty solid compared to BlOps1
sandman224  +   920d ago
You got that exactly rite. The frame rate is 100% better than black ops 1. I'd say its actually equal to black ops 2 frame rate for the 360. Yes and the ps3 version is very blurry. I don't understand why but its night and day difference from the 360.
enkeixpress  +   920d ago
lies. I play the PS3 version myself & I just now watched a HD 720p video of the X360 version in action. they look & run the same. Your 'opinion' has now been made obsolete.

These 'match disconnection & lag' issues on the PS3 version will be fixed shortly.
#6.2 (Edited 920d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
congas  +   920d ago
ps user spend as much money as 360 so fix the problem. it kicks me out then i get a message if i quit again I will be put on probration.
seanpitt23  +   920d ago
Kicking me out to when I choose a team death match it says an error occurred while trying to find. Session,please try again on ps3 I knew this would happen fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me

Yeah I want my fricking money back sick of buying games that don't work treyarch don't soddin learn and we don't buyin this shit
#7.1 (Edited 920d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
NoTheMama  +   920d ago
i hope they fix it soon. I was playing a match last night, kept getting booted until eventually i just kept getting the error message.
inf3cted1  +   920d ago
PS3 version has problems? Never saw that coming.
brandonb21  +   920d ago
guys they will fix it remember its kind of hard to test a game when you only use a lan connection to test the multiplayer without doing a closed beta, they will fix it just it maybe till Friday or Monday till a patch or play campaign on veteran or play zombies just chill out.
BrianC6234  +   920d ago
They didn't do a public beta for this game? If that's true that's stupid. That's the only way you can work out the bugs before releasing a big game like this.
Intentions  +   920d ago
Lol and they were developing the game 'evenly' on all platforms.
csmith420  +   920d ago
ANY BODY ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM

*GO TO MULTIPLAYER TRY TO FIND A MATCH BUT SAYS AN ERROR OCCURED WHILE TRYING TO FIND A SESSION PLEASE TELL ME IF EXPERIENCING THIS PROBLEM
seanpitt23  +   920d ago
Yeah I couldn't play until I joined one of my friends and now I can play
Enate  +   920d ago
Me and several other friends are having the same issue but some are still playing somehow.
seanpitt23  +   920d ago
Yeah if you just try and join your friends on your friends menu that works
#13 (Edited 920d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
momthemeatloaf  +   920d ago
While you're at it, give us HD texture pack, these muddy graphics are worse than CoD3.

You can play games, just go into league play. It's pretty fun because your rank is depended on wins and losses.
#14 (Edited 920d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
XabiDaChosenOne  +   920d ago
Translation: We are aware of the issues that plague the PS3 version of our game but are you PS3 players aware that we honestly don't give a f*%#? We have your money already and will most likely be getting it next year also whether we fix the problems our not. Have a nice day!
Dead_by_Dawn  +   920d ago
You'd think after all the goddamn money the cod franchise has made, they'd put out a flawless working product. It's nothing new, but it's unacceptable how it happens with every cod game
Hicken  +   920d ago
"We're aware, and we don't care."
Bobets  +   920d ago
really? ohh wow this is so unexpected isn't it?

Mean while at activision....

"We are aware that ps3 is the botched version as per usual we also don't give a fuck because mindless military shooter head suckers bought it anyways as per usual, are we gonna fix this issue or do a better job next COD? well we will do a better job lying pre release like we always do to lure in more idiots.

Thank you for always falling for the hype like braindead sheeps and generating us millions every year."

"SO LONG SUCKAS!"
#18 (Edited 920d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
mail51  +   920d ago
everyone seems to have this problem http://www.youtube.com/watc... they better fix ti soon have not been able to play at all
FITgamer  +   920d ago
Pookie! LET'S BURN THIS MOTHER FUCKER DOWN!
NirvanaInChains  +   920d ago
Just like ps3 mw2. Fail
OneAboveAll  +   920d ago
Ah yes! People are hacking the game already! Everything is going according to plan!
taquito  +   920d ago
the 360 servers run like garbage too, my brother is pissed, I keep telling him get the pc version, no HUGE lag spikes, disconnects, you gotta remember, these consoles are 8 years old, its to be expected.
IWentBrokeForGaming  +   920d ago
MS just mine as well buy this franchise up as a exclusive... by the way it runs on PS3 compared to 360 (yet again) it has that 360 Exclusive feel, especially with the way they market it in commercials as well... you wouldn't even think the game was coming to PS3!
isyourhouseonfire  +   920d ago
Why are people still playing on the PS3?? The x360 has become more than affordable, there's just no excuse anymore.
IWentBrokeForGaming  +   920d ago
I still play on my PS3 a lot because the Exclusive support for the console is still going strong... something 360 forgot about quite a while ago, regardless of MORE Halo being out!
stage88  +   920d ago | Well said
I'm not going to buy an Xbox just to play one franchise of games. And I'm definitely not paying to access my Internet connection to play online. Period.
TopDudeMan  +   920d ago
I was aware of this before it even happened. It's the same every year. I've been alright on pc, though, so far.
dkeat  +   920d ago
I haven't had too many issues with it. Might take an extra minute or two for a match to load sometimes or have to back out to the lobby & go back in. I remember Twisted Metal when it first came out and I think that was a lot worse, from my personal experience.
Or if they're talking about during a match when it freezes and shows a picture of an ethernet cable being unplugged, that is annoying. Doesn't happen the majority of the time so I'm fine with it for right now.
#27 (Edited 920d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Ashunderfire86  +   920d ago
This is the reason why I got it for PC instead, and guess what...I didn't even have to wait in line for the 360/PS3 to either. Its the same old shit with Call of Duty on PS3. The only way to fix it, is to change the freaken Engine and the crappy servers!!!!!
MayraWaters22   920d ago | Spam

The Big Xbox E3 2015 Preview

7m ago - IGN: E3 2015 is less than one month away, and there's a lot to get excited about from Microsoft'... | Xbox One

Driveclub | Lamborghini Reventón DLC Preview

7m ago - On Tuesday you're going to enjoy the new Lamborghini Icons expansion pack for Driveclub, and Evol... | PS4

See what games are coming out in 2015

Now - Visit our release calendar to see what games are coming out in 2015. | Promoted post

Taking a Peek at Through the Woods Prototype Demo - Cliqist

40m ago - Serena Nelson writes: "In Through the Woods you're playing as Karen, a mother who has lost her so... | PC

Kyle's Top 5 Nintendo 64 Games

1h ago - GI Earlier this week, we did a special Nintendo 64-themed episode of The Game Informer Show po... | Retro

WASDuk - The nature of God (and crowdfunding): An interview with Eat, Create, Sleep

1h ago - WASDuk's Fantaesque interviews indie developer Eat, Create, Sleep on the nature of their work and... | PC