I am a huge fan of the Metal Gear Solid series. I love all the characters. The only character that got on my nerves was Raiden. He was a whiny wimpy kid in Metal Gear Solid 2. However in MGS4 he was seen as a cyborg. A bad ass cyborg too! I now have much more respect for the character.
Konami has announced that Metal Gear Solid: Rising will be coming out next year. I really think that this game will be just as good as the previous games. Read on to hear my reasons:
1. The game will have improved stealth elements. According to the creative producer Shigenobu Matsuyuma, Raiden will have robotic augmentations that will enhance its speed and flexibility. So your playing like a ninja instead of a normal person. Matsuyuma stated that players will use "Hunting stealth" instead of the "Waiting stealth" of previous games.
2. The game is an interquel, meaining that it takes place between two previous installments. Rising takes place in between MGS2 and MGS4. You will find out what happened to Raiden after the events of MGS2.
3. You can cut virtually ANYTHING you see. You can even cut enemies or cyborgs open in order to obtain things such as batteries that Raiden can use to restore his health.
4. Solid Snake was exclusive to Playstation, but not Raiden. You will be able to enjoy this game on Xbox 360, PC, and PS3.
5. The PS3 version will be in 3D. Awesome.
I just really hope that Konami doesn't screw this up. I really want this game to work!