Patch is 76mb
"First of all, Eric, can you run us through the highlights of Patch 1.27?
Sure! Most importantly, we've added functionality to make the process of finding and playing with friends much easier, tweaked the Skirmish Mode to keep it interesting for players with lower-bandwidth network connections, introduced a new 'High Precision' option to the controller configuration menu, and improved the overall balance of the game. There's also a host of smaller changes as well, but I'll save that for the change log.
Let's start with the first one: finding and playing with friends. How has that been changed?
We've examined how party systems work and added similar functionality to our game where possible. The 'Join Friend' option has been changed so that the player can automatically join a friend's faction and squad – even if faction balancing is on. In addition, squads and their factions are now persistent over multiple games, so friends can keep playing together continuously.
You said the Skirmish Mode been tweaked – can you explain?
Well, we've decided to unlock all the badges in Skirmish Mode. Considering that the game has been out for a while, and that many players have already reached the rank of General, we believe this is a nice way for players with lower-bandwidth network connections to experience the full range of weapons and abilities available in the Warzone.
Control-wise, what exactly does the new 'High Precision' option do?
When this option is switched on, it makes the analog sticks more responsive to small movements. Turned off, the controls behave exactly as they did before the patch. It's not a radical overhaul of the control system, so the layout and the 'weight' of the controls remain the same.
Still, a lot of us here at Guerrilla really enjoy the new High Precision option, so we've decided to switch it on by default for new players. Existing Killzone 2 players will have the option turned off by default after patching – we wouldn't want to force a sudden change to the controls on you!
How have you improved the overall balance of the game?
For starters, Patch 1.27 allows players to switch factions manually if the factions are unbalanced. If the factions consist of, say, 13 players versus 11 players, a player from the largest faction can manually switch over to make it an even 12 versus 12. Switching in the other direction is not allowed, so players from the smaller team can't defect to the larger team if the battle doesn't go their way. Players who switch over retain all their points, but squad affiliations will of course be lost.
Furthermore, we've removed the temporary invulnerability awarded to players who spawn at a spawn point other than the base camp. The players will still be safe at their own base camp, but custom-placed or mission-based spawn points do not yield temporary invulnerability anymore. This will hopefully give opposing players already at this location a fair chance.
Finally, we've made a couple of changes to the Badge abilities. The Assault Badge, for instance, was deemed too powerful by many players – so we tweaked down its Armor ability from 100 hit points to 50 hit points. The Tactician Badge's secondary ability (to request air support from a Sentry Bot) has also been tweaked to make the Sentry Bot more useful. It can aim more accurately now, and its health is a little higher as well. To make it even more useful, we've reduced the way automated turrets target them, so they're not shot down as fast. It should certainly make the Air Support Specialist ribbon easier to obtain!"
* DLC - Enables support for downloadable content pack #2 “Flash & Thunder”, released on June 11th on the Playstation®Store
* Network errors – Improved handling of large message groupings to decrease network
errors on heavy loads. Should decrease some instances of network errors
* Stability - Fix for potential Quick-join stability issues when DLC pack “Steel & Titanium”
is not installed
* Stability – Removal of DLC could result in stability issues when using game pre-sets
* Stability – Crash fix for potential Search & Retrieve issue
* Stability – Fix for infrequent hang on loading when using spectator mode
* Exploit – Search & Destroy objective exploit fix
* Exploit – Collision fix for map MP04 – Visari Hammer
* Exploit – Collision fix for map MP07 – Blood Gracht
* Exploit – Collision fix for map MP07 – Blood Gracht (2)
* Exploit – Collision fix for map MP08 – Corinth Crossing
* Exploit – Collision fix for map MP08 – Corinth Crossing (2)
* Stats – Fix for clans not always receiving the clan match win medal
* Controls – Addition of High precision mode option for both Single Player and Multiplayer.
* New accounts will have this mode set as standard and existing users will have to enable it manually.
More details can be found here:
* Feature – Players will be automatically placed on the same faction,
if they are friends upon using the ‘Join Friend’ option
* Feature – Players will be automatically placed on the same squad,
if they are friends upon using the ‘Join Friend’ option
* Feature – Squads will remain constant over multiple rounds unless disbanded.
More info on the above features can be found here
* Feature – Faction balancing only checked when entering the game to the pre-game lobby
or spawn-select New faction select screen on spawn-select
* Feature – In-game faction changing now allowed on heavily unbalanced factions
* Feature – Skirmish – All Badges and Abilities are now unlocked for Skirmish mode to
allow users with lower bandwidth network connections to experience the full range
of weapons and abilities available in Multiplayer mode
* Gameplay – Invulnerability when spawning on a deployable spawn-point outside of a
base-camp is now disabled
* Gameplay – Armor of Assault class reduced from 100 to 50 hit-points
* Gameplay – AI and health of the flying Sentry Bots has been tweaked upwards
* Gameplay – Firing rate of the Sentry Turret’s rocket system has been reduced slightly
* Bug – Cooked grenades dealing friendly fire damage despite the option being disabled
* Bug - DLC Pack 1 “Steel & Titanium” front end text fix for Japanese sku
* Moderation – Enhanced moderation tools for SCE Moderators
* Killzone.com – Revived players now appearing correctly in Battle Replays
* Misc - Various minor bug fixes