What happens when you combine the cuteness of Loco Roco and the gameplay of Lemmings? You end up with Downstream Panic!, a fun puzzler with more than a passing resemblance to both games. Downstream Panic! is an absolute blast for a few hours, but erratic physics make some of the later levels extremely difficult, and there aren't many other ways to enjoy the game if or when you get stuck.
- When it's not too difficult, the gameplay is outstanding.
- Fast-forward and retry buttons take the pain out of trial and error.
- 80 levels wills keep you busy for quite some time.
- Levels eventually become too convoluted thanks to excessive gimmicks.
- Inconsistent physics occasionally mean you'll have done everything right, but the fish still die.
- No multiplayer, no user-created content, and no hints leave you with little to do if you're stuck.