Saaking's Blog 5: Next Generation Consoles
It's my hope that the next generation is a long a way off; however, that shouldn't stop us from speculation and discussing what we would like to see in the eighth generation of gaming. It's safe to say that the big three will once again go at it so I'll make a sort of wishlist of things I would like to see ffom each console maker.
- Continue supporting first party games and pushing new IPs
- Don't get too cocky if you beat the 360. I think Sony really learnt a lot when they realized that they would not rule supreme for a third time. It changed them for the better.
- Make the PS3 more accessible to developers. While there's no denying that the PS3 is far more powerful than the 360, Sony should make it easier on the developers.
- Stick with Blu-ray
- Integrate the online with the console more.
- Get rid of motion controls and go back to more traditional gaming
- Support more first party games
- Introduce new IPs instead of using the same ones over and over.
- Expand online gaming on the next Nintendo console
- Up the graphics to compete with Sony's and Microsoft's next console
- Take your time and make a reliable, solid console
- Stop being fixated on beating Sony
- Gather better first party support
- Increase the graphical capabilities and use Bluray.
- Make XBL free or add more stuff to justify the price
- Less timed exclusives and more full exclusives
- Focus on full games instead of DLC
- Fix the D-pad and face buttons on the controller.
I think that pretty much sums it up. These are my clear unbiased thoughts on what each company should do. Whether you agree is up to you. Thanks for reading.