Yes, The current president of SIE, Jim Ryan needs to go.
Look at all the negative things that have happened under his watch in the two short years he's been at the head:
- PS5 exclusives raise to $70
- Japan Studio stripped to it's bare bones
- Legacy psn stores closing
- Killzone franchise retired
- Days Gone 2 denied
- Web store gets downgraded
- game patches starting to disappear due to legacy stores closing soon
- Currently killing any hope for full backward compatibility despite according to two patents they are working on solutions.
- Turned down Kojima's next game (allegedly)
- Closing the video/movie rental store DESPITE LITERALLY just starting a new video service on their new bravia televisions.
Under this man's leadership, I can't think of a single good thing that he pushed. I've never seen a company leader pull off such levels of self-sabotage before. It's as if this man has no idea what made the Playstation brand the household name it is.
Hell there isn't even a reason to NOT do BC or close the legacy stores. Their own financials and actions prove that. PSN makes more money than Microsoft's gaming division and the ENTIRE Nintendo company. And that's with the Legacy stores still being open ( https://www.ign.com/article... So it's not like the excuse of "it's a financial drain" is there.
And as for backward compatibility. I keep hearing "can't due it because of x86". That there is another falsehood. RSPS3 runs on x86. And to add insult to injury, those backward compatibility patents starting showing up AFTER Sony hired some of the RSPS3 programmers.
And this final part is me speaking for myself personally. But as of now, I see no reason to ever buy a ps5 or anything Sony puts out beyond this point. They've shown me they have no follow through.