What will Microsoft bring to E3 this year?

There's been a lot of news recently surrounding Sony's new IPs, big game sequels, and impressive Vita releases. Nintendo has a whole new console to usher in which will always bring in lots of hype and new game announcements. Even companies like Valve and Apple could be making big splashes this year with surprise announcements. Yet on the horizon of all this, what will Microsoft and Xbox be revealing this year?

Read Full Story >>
Oculus Quest Giveaway! Click Here to Enter
The story is too old to be commented.
Convas2755d ago (Edited 2755d ago )

Some new stuff hopefully. But then again, this is the same company that's been peddling Skittles and Sesame Street to a hardcore press group for two years running.

I know we'll see Halo 4, Forza Horizon. But I'd be down for teasings of Alan Wake 2, Fable IV, a core IP from Rare, if they're not busy trying to spoon feed us Kinect Sports Season 3. Project Gotham Racing 5 could be mused as well. Definitely want to see what's up with Ryse, hopefully, it's better with Kinect and not a Kinect exclusive like Steel Battalion.

So in review, that's:

Halo 4
Forza Horizon
Fable IV
Alan Wake 2
Project Gotham Racing 5
New Rare Core IP (I know, chances are slim)
1 or 2 new Core IPs
A few snazzy Xbox Arcade Titles

3rd party stuffs, Epic, Ubisoft, Activision, etc.

Then they can peddle all the Kinect crap they want.

A miniscule tease of name drop of the NeXbox wouldn't hurt either MS, just saiyan ...

JoePrime2755d ago

I had almost forgotten about Epic's upcoming zombie-defense game thing, Fortnight. Hopefully we'll see more on that, and get a release date as well. It looked cool.

TheLyonKing2755d ago

Is that going to be multi-plat?

Zeromission2755d ago Show
andrewsqual2755d ago

All the stuff you listed was 5% of their conference. The other 95% of the conference will be that "they can peddle all the Kinect crap they want" line that you said. I'm expecting a new pet addon for Kinectimals, I think the last one was panda bears or something. This time the pet will be a Kinect camera lol

saladthieves2755d ago

I just want them to focus more on the games, and less on Kinect, but every year the opposite happens, since E3 2010.

+ Show (1) more replyLast reply 2755d ago
richierich2755d ago

More Kinect stuff hopefully

SKUD2755d ago

I'd be disappointed if they DIDN'T show more kinect games.

richierich2755d ago

I was being sarcastic btw

DA_SHREDDER2755d ago

The better question is, what is Microsoft gonna gonna do when Nintendo comes with powerful enough hardware and online? All the third parties will flock to the Big N. That's what happens when you pretend you have timed exclusives that are really just that. Timed exclusives. Sure Forza is good, and Fable 1, Halo and Gears are average if you ask me. Unless they buy Take two or something I don't see them being as relevant as they were this gen.

mr_badhand2755d ago

I'm going to take a wild stab at this but here goes:

More Kinect exclusive games!

More apps and partners announced to bring their apps to 360!

A long speech about how Windows 8, wp7 and 360 will all be integrated!

A long over drawn demo of Black Ops 2 hosted by James Cameron.

Don't forget Halo 4!

Thank you good night!

VanillaBear2755d ago

They'll open with the new COD

Halo 4 will come next

Then we'll see Forza Horizon

Something from another developer...maybe Epic ?

A multiplatform game here

and here

Ryse will be next

After Ryse, the transistion for a core game to a Kinect "core" game will shift the focus to Kinect

Then Kinect, Kinect, Kinect and more Kinect with a large side order of "sales"

At the end we may see a tease for a new game. Alan Wake 2 hopefully

2755d ago Replies(1)
saladthieves2755d ago

Still doing those inner monologues, are you?
BTW, where's Chocolate Bear? :D

Show all comments (34)
The story is too old to be commented.