Evil Avatar writes: "Sonic 4: Episode 1 has been a long-time coming, and for those of for whom he was a big part of our childhood, we have most likely endured a number of absolutely terrible games. Sonic the Hedgehog? Played it. Sonic Unleashed? Played it. Sonic Heroes? Played it. Shadow the Hedgehog? Nah, I'm not that stupid."
* Brilliantly designed levels in some fondly remembered zones.
* Feels like it should, easy to play but hard to master twitch platforming at its best.
* Challenging bosses, again fondly remembered but with a little twist.
* Excellent, franchise faithful music.
* Lets itself down visually.
* I have never liked the Sonic the Hedgehog special stages, should have gone with those from Sonic 2.
* I see the game being difficult to enjoy on the 360.
* The amount of content on offer might not sit well with everybody.