G4TV writes: "With a 1,000,000: 1 dynamic contrast ratio and a $2,700 price tag, Samsung is bringing some serious heat with their new bigscreen HD set. Will the numbers and features add up to a beautiful TV watching experience? We'll tell you in today's Tech Review."
What You Need to Know
* It's only about 4" thick, but most of the inputs are on the back rather than the side, meaning you'll probably have to drill holes to wall-mount it
* Samsung always makes these incredibly thin, but this one just isn't as sexy as the last one we saw (the 8 Series)
* With this TV you can watch streams of news feeds from USA Today, like sports, politics, etc.
* You can watch your favorite stocks and see a market breakdown
* Also, there are local daily and weekly weather forecasts
* It doesn't really impede your viewing while it's displayed
* We do wish it was wireless though
* As far as picture quality, the colors are natural, yet the most vivid we've seen
* The 1,000,000: 1 dynamic contrast and LED backlight produce some of the deepest blacks ever
* Even if you don't like the 120 hertz auto smoothing, it works well and really makes image quality stand out