Rockstar heard us and listened, they are now delivering: a new patch for the PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV is available for download. To get the 32.6Mb update, simply start your game, log into LIVE, and select to update when prompted. The patch is reported to make the following changes:
* A fix to the crash after legal screen that some German customers were reporting.
* Numerous improvements to the video editor: Smarter naming of videos, improved rendering quality, better fx during replays.
* Fix to bowling while using certain sensitive mice.
* Fix for ATI 1900 shadows.
* Overall savings to memory.
* Graphic improvements to particle systems and mirrors.
* Multiplayer character settings are preserved.
* Support for DirectInput controllers.