Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World is a lighthearted action role-playing game that reacquaints fans of the GameCube original with a wealth of familiar locations and faces. Although those who appreciated its predecessor's lovable characters and fast-paced battle system will undoubtedly be thrilled with New World's striking similarities, the game does little to progress beyond its forbearer aside from adding a superfluous monster-pact system. Additionally, those looking for a greater gameplay-to-cutscene ratio and a clearer, more interesting plot may be baffled by how drastically New World comes up short.
* Fast-paced, combo-intensive battle system
* Familiar faces from the original
* Fun four-person multiplayer support.
* Too much emphasis on cutscenes
* Very muddled plot
* Occasionally poor AI and lack of sufficient tactical controls
* Pointless crafting and monster hunting provide little depth
* Camera may hide important areas or puzzle elements.