Bioware Feature Writer Patrick Weekes spoke to VGS months and months ago about his involvement in the critically acclaimed game, “Dragon Age Inquisition.” On this week’s episode Weekes (see what I did there?) sheds some light on what it’s like to write for the video game industry and where he sees this beast heading!
- His origins
- Training the player to do the wrong thing
- Looking at the evolution of the media comparing it to the beginning of film
- It’s harder now to get a job than ever before, focus on the nonlinear narrative
- Get the application called TWINE! Get a job.
- Weekes talks extensively about the HORROR of “Peer Reviews”
- The most common mistakes that still happen in the writer’s room
- Key piece of advice “Make sure the player knows where to go next, and what he has to do when he’s there”