The latest issue of the Official Xbox Magazine features some rumors regarding the upcoming year of gaming for the Xbox 360.
* Crackdown is being delayed until February 2007.
* We probably will not be hearing any news about Unreal Tournament 2007 until after the PlayStation 3 version is released.
* An official Microsoft arcade controller is on the way.
* There is a new Oblivion expansion pack in the works after Knights of the Nine.
NONE of these are "rumors".....it's all old news, pretty much.
-Yes, Crackdown was delayed until "Spring 2007"...a couple MONTHS ago.
-UT2007 for the 360 is in fact in development, along with the PS3 version, as confirmed by my friend Bill Greene at EPIC, 4 MONTHS AGO.
-We've already seen pics of the 360 arcade controller
-Bethesda went on record long ago to say that KoTN was NOT an "expansion", but a true expansion was definitely planned.
I don't think all of this is old news.
- The timing of UT2007 for Xbox 360 had not been known yet.
- The arcade controller that is on sites like Gamestop and EBGames is not from Microsoft. The one in the rumors is an official one.
As for the other things, they were even less than official rumors, which, when they come from magazines like OXM or EGM, are quite often facts that the source did not want to be quoted on.
So, yes, maybe this news doesn't set the world on fire but it is still news.
I hope there is an xbox 360 version on UT2007, it would not make sense for Epic to release it on the PS3 and PC only. Its going on a Microsoft windows oprating system and one on Sony's system, it does not make any sense why they have not annouced it, although it could be, because of Gears of War being the "Baby" of Epic Game Studios.
...I'm not blaming you. OXM is just an awful source for gaming "news/rumors"....rea d Game Informer instead, or stick to websites (which are at least a month ahead of magazines).