Protodude's Rockman Blog is claiming to have received inside information on the rumored Mega Man 9 from a Capcom beta tester. Keep in mind this is still a rumor at this point. New tidbits include:
- Mega Man 9 will feature a retro 8-bit art style, a homage to the earlier games.
- Two playable characters: Megaman and ProtoMan. Each has their own unique storylines.
- A popular belief is that MM9 will act as the 'link' to the events of the X Series. This is not so, The storyline DOES NOT lead into the X Series, rather it's a 'traditional' plot.
- Gameplay is reminiscent of Megaman 3-6.
- Online components: Leader boards and some unknown form of online play.
- MM9 will be on all major home consoles: Wii, X360 and PS3. X360 and PS3 users will be able to purchase the game from their respective download services. It's unknown how the Wii version will work, whether it will be a downloaded game or not.