While before it was something that had just a "90% chance" to happen, at last Project Phoenix's release on PS4 and PS Vita has been officially confirmed.
hopefully the new MegaMan like game will also come to Vita, it is the only platform I'm comfortable playing 2d games on.
if u buy it on ps4 u play it on vita anyway lol. If it happens on ps4 it happens on vita.
not the correct sound to go with that clip. the sound homers making in the vid actually comes from the episode where he fights the power plant to keep the dental plan. sorry sorry! just a fan..
Nice! I'm really, really excited about this. More (J)RPGs is always a good thing.
This sounds really good so far. I'm glad its coming to Vita as Well.
doesn't this make the first jrpg to be confirmed for the PS4?
Well Level 5 is working on a JRPG for Ps4 but that's apparently in planning stages. Also there was FFXV and KH3.
oh yeah. forget those are jrpgs...
Do you guys really think of action based RPGs as JRPGs? I always think of JRPGs as the ones that have a menu to select an attack rather than a having them mapped to buttons or button combinations. Action-based JRPG, JRPG just makes me think of a turn-based fighting system or menu selecting attacks in real time. I like them all either way.
nope, Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III were confirmed first
Deep Down is an RPG too you know? Capcom = Japan So if you want to get technical Deep Down was confirmed first.
Isn't Deep Down an RPG? That was announced the day the PS4 was revealed.
I don't think that's a 'JRPG,' just a RPG made by the J's.
It's a JRPG? I know Japanese devs are working on it, but what elements of JRPG did the creators have in mind? (Sorry I haven't been following the game too much)
Not many, it seems limited to world exploration and character building, but the actual combat (the main focus of any game for me) it's not a JRPG at all. People like to disagree with these comments but don't offer any response - just a "disagree" vote.
no SoulSaga,Kingdom Hearts 3,FFXV,FFXIV A Realm Reborn,Deep Down,Level 5's wonderflick were confirmed before
Nope, Soul Saga is the first.
to all the doubters, what now? sony is being aggressive in games lately specially the indies so it really boggles me how some users here doubt that 90% chance that this game will come to PS4 and VITA....
You know the doubters will continue to doubt. It's what they do.
yeah even if its a 99% chance of success, the doubters and haters will still cling to that 1% chance of failure...
Haters will always hate.
They have nothing to love.
doubters gonna doubt
Fanboys will be fanboys
Same with all believers that doubt the doubters, believing without a doubt that their belief will undoubtedly quench all doubts of disbelief :P
WOOOHOOOOO!!! Probably getting this for my Vita for my jrpg on the go.
Great news. I love jrpgs.
Please have airships. I love airships.
Look to Soul Saga or Cosmic Star Heroine if you want a real throwback JRPG for the ps4/vita - Project Phoenix isn't nearly as true to the genre as these.
I've been trying not to overload myself with games that are still in development, but I'll look into those. Thanks.
*phew* Now I can throw some money at this.
no WII U?
I may have to look into getting this. I don't have a Vita, but I will have a PS4 on the 15th. I'll always check out a good JRPG.
I don't know about you all, but I'm in disbelief every single time I look at the list of people working on the project. It's like it almost doesn't even make sense, in the best way possible.
Kickstarter says "SQUAD-BASED, REAL-TIME STRATEGY GAME combined with strong Japanese RPG design influences" - that sounds a lot less interesting to me than jrpg.
It's a full fledged JRPG. That's just the specific combat mechanic, that has really little to do with it being a JRPG or not.
For me the combat mechanics have everything to do with something being a "full fledged JRPG", especially one claiming to be a Phoenix from the flames. As for the words I quoted above, it's the first thing you see on the kickstarter page when you start reading the details and it's all in caps as quoted. I quoted their words verbatim. This is why I'm turned off: "Project Phoenix is a fantasy themed squad-based real-time strategy game combined with Japanese RPG design influences. The game draws you in with its breathtaking fantasy world, deep storyline, Japanese character designs, and a memorable cast, most notably, the band of heroes under your command. Furthermore, its intuitive real-time tactical combat is dynamic, fluid, and streamlined, allowing you to experience the strategic options without being bogged down by overwhelming archaic battle systems." "The gameplay eschews micromanagement in favour of a focused Real Time Strategy system enhanced by JRPG elements. You can level your characters and teach them new abilities but at the same time they behave intelligently when you are not controlling them directly." Real time battles with characters acting without my direct control and no micromanagement of characters - meh - that's not a Phoenix rising from the flames, it's RTS not a JRPG. Disagree all you like, I came here looking for info on a JRPG, not an RTS game with japanese-looking graphics. I'll wait the 20 months before this is expected and see if it looks interesting when it releases, and it might well be, but it still won't be a JRPG :)
Another thing the more I look into this... it's going to appear on all these platforms, including iOS and droid - that's a big warning sign there. Whenever I see this I expect dumbed-down gameplay and compromise. They might say it won't lead to compromise on real gaming platforms, but do you really expect them to develop essentially two games based on the same one? They're promising too many things to too many people, that rarely works out well. Feel free to throw money at these guys, they'll probably make a game the looks pretty and all that, but as for it being a throw back to when JRPG was great and the Phoenix rising from the flames, I don't see it happening.
Go and donate now guys for in-game goodies. You laugh now, but when you see me with my resplendent cape and my fiery steed phoenix mount, we'll see who's laughing.
I paid $50 hopefully they consider the 360 or Xbox one or maybe the wiiu.
N4G is a community of gamers posting and discussing the latest game news. It’s part of NewsBoiler, a network of social news sites covering today’s pop culture.