Randolph Ramsay from CNET writes:
"Sony set out to make a multimedia powerhouse with the PS3, and we're glad to say that it succeeded admirably. The inclusion of a Blu-ray player makes it almost a must-have for gamers looking to get into high definition video (or even a high-def buff with only middling game aspirations), particularly at this price point. Hardcore gamers, however, may need to think twice. With few exclusive titles at launch and a dwindling list of PS3-only games slated for the future, the
PlayStation 3 will surely have its hands full competing against the Xbox 360 and the Nintendo Wii."
* Impressive graphics capability
* Looks swish
* Cheapest Blu-ray player on the market
* Plenty of multimedia features
* Wireless controllers, plus recharge cable is included free
* Robust online store."
* Expensive for a games console
* Few outstanding exclusive titles in launch line-up
* Lack of backwards compatibility
* Only comes with composite cables
* Sixaxis capability needs to be better utilised."