A few Gears Of War multiplayer details have emerged via a recent article in Electronic Gaming Monthly.
* Multiplayer Modes: Warzone: 4v4 Elimination
* Assassination: Your team needs to kill the opposing team's leader
* Execution: You must perform an execution mode to finish off your opponent A few other tidbits
* Other: Ranking is by points, not kills. You do get points for each kill, but you also get scored for executions, reviving teammates, melee hits, chain saw kills, head shots with the sniper rifle, doing any type of damage, or grenade-tagging someone.
* Each of the eight multiplayer maps has a certain theme to it (Mansion: destructible cover with the ratty old couches; Gas Station: explosive sections of the level; and so on). Train Station's gimmick is a speedy locomotive that barrels down the middle of the stage every minute or so, killing everything in its path.
* When a teamate dies they enter a "bleeding out" phase where they can be revived unless the timer runs out or they are "executed". This is for SP and MP
* Single-player achievements can be earned in co-op:
o The Nuge: Kill enough people with Torque bow
o Cluster Luck: Simultaneous grenade kills
o Is it a Spider?: Grenade tagging
o 100,000 online kills
o Collecting dog tags scattered around campaign