King of Fighters XII
No. of Players: 2 (at once)
(Vexx's) Classification: Oh how the mighty have fallen.
"It has King of Fighters characters but this isn't King of Fighters."
A fighter by SNK Playmore that is fun for about 30 minutes until you realize that this is the worst King of Fighters in History. I am talking worst than KoF 2001 bad.
- Most of the popular characters are here
- It has online
- Critical Counters are cool...in theory
- A kick ass song that loops on the Playstation menu
- Good English voice acting at some bits
- The other popular characters weren't included
- The online's netcode WAS crap at launch
- Critical Counters boil down to who can hit the other one first with it and win the match
- Clunky controls
- Much slower than any other KoF Game in existence
- No story whatsoever
- Terrible English voice acting for everything else.
- A serious lack of modes compared to older games. Simply offline Arcade, versus and Training and online was ranked and player matches 3 on 3 only.
It was hyped as well but, had terrible execution. I mean its marketing campaign was a joke so it didn't sell well anyway but it was just horrible overall. Despite it coming out at the end of July it was still in the middle of that Blazblue hurricane so it had some high standards to live up to. The upside? It is at least playable