This is my top 10 list, what is yours ? Note that the list doesn't include games such as Persona 5, FF15 or MGS5, as they are games that have either been announced or guaranteed to be made.
Some honourable mentions:
-New Suikoden game
-Pokemon Console rpg
Lets get started:
10. Shenmue 3: Shenmue was a revolutionary game which invented quick time events. Excellent story and gameplay.
9. Killer instinct 3 or new Bloody Roar: A good-effort mash-up between Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter , but with better formulas like Ultra combo's, Combo breaks e.t.c I want it back
8. Final Fantasy Tactics or Ogre Battle: both are made by the same people and have similar gameplay. You can get 100's of hours out of these tactical games. Its like excercise to the mind
7. New Valkyria Chronicles game on consoles: to this day I think this game has the best story I have ever seen on the PS3 and any current gen game in general. I would like put the series back on consoles where it started.
6. A Dragon Ball Z, One Piece or Naruto RPG game with a large world to explore like Final Fantasy 6 or 7 or Skyrim.
5. Shadow Hearts 3: unique and fun gameplay, the ring system is very addictive. It also has a dark story, sometimes I find the atmosphere scary. But I like the world and ideas in this series. Unfortunately the company who made the game (Azure) has gone bankrupt I believe, I wonder who holds the rights to it now?
4. Dark Cloud 3: Sony owns the rights to this amazing series. Think of Sims + Legend of Zelda. This is Sony's Legend of Zelda game, and many reviewers have pointed it out. Its high rated, highly wanted, what's keeping Sony stopping from making this?
3. Chrono Trigger sequel or a new Chrono Game (AKA Chrono Break): Square Enix did register a tarde mark for this game, then they canned it. Fans then tried to revive the series by making a Fan made game called Chrono Ressurection, until Square Enix put an end to it with a cease and desist notice. Its one of Square's highest rated franchises, I do not understand why they aren't taking advantage of it.
2. Kingdom Hearts 3: at this point I am guessing SE doesn't want to make a new KH game, they are just as happy making spin ff's as they see fans buying them spin off's anyway. This game needs to be made now, the KH series is so fun.
1. FF7 remake: The game which put RPG's on the map, never mind JRPG's. This game single handedly made RPG's mainstream. The JRPG genre has been on a serious decline on consoles, and I think it will just take 1 great and amazing game to put it back n the Map. SE says the game will NOT get made until they make an FF game better than FF7. This came straight from Wada...well considering SE's recent offerings *cough* FF13 and FF14, I doubt we will see that happening, so long as Yoichi Wada and Toriyama are heavily involved with the series.