In two short weeks, E3 2012 will be upon us and with it a slew of information about the future of the industry. "Innovation Unveiled" is this years slogan for the popular trade show but what can we expect to see out of the show? Many people have posted what they want to see out of E3 but none have posted what will realistically come out of the show. In the first part I will put what will be my predictions for the show. The second part will be what I want to see come out of the show. So ladies and gentlemen take your seats and prepare for the biggest event in gaming.
Part 1: E3 2012 Predictions
- The Last of Us gameplay will be shown and the game will be given a release date.
- Sony will announce that they will start phasing out the PSP. PSP will have a price cut.
- PlayStation Vita will get a price cut. Making the Wifi version $199 and the 3G/Wifi version $249.
- New gameplay and release dates will be given for LBP Karting, God of War Ascension and PlayStation All Stars
- Gameplay and announcements for Assassins Creed, Call of Duty and Killzone on the Vita
- PS3 will have a price cut bringing the cheapest model to $199
- Agent trailer will be revealed
- Gran Turismo 6 will be revealed
- Square Enix will show up on Sony's Stage
- EA will show up on Sony's Stage
- Ubisoft will be on Sony's Stage
- Halo 4 new trailer and gameplay from the campaign
- Xbox 360 will have a price cut
- New Dashboard update
- Gameplay and release date for the next Forza
- Fable 4 announced
- Ryse (Crytec game) will see a release date and gameplay will be shown
- Two new "hardcore" Kinect titles from third parties will be shown at the press event
-Microsoft will "tease" the Next Xbox with a video of what games would look like on their "future hardware". Will tease that they will show new hardware in the "near future".
- Wii U name will stay and they will announce the release date for the new hardware to be in November. Price of hardware to be $349.99
- Resident Evil 6 will be shown off on the stage using Wii U
- New Mario available at launch
- Retro Studios will show their new game for Wii U
- Nintendo will tease the next Super Smash Bros. (Nintendo will want to one up Sony and show that they have the better game)
- Kingdom Hearts 3D will have a new trailer at the press event for 3DS.
- 3DS will not receive a price cut.
- Wii will have a price cut. Possibly having the price at $99.
- Next Zelda title will be teased.
Part 2: What Else I would like to see
- Square shows Final Fantasy Versus XIII on the stage. Release date announced. Gameplay shown.
- The Last Guardian gameplay shown and release date announced for this year.
- PS2 dies. Sony discontinues the Software and Hardware.
- All PSP titles will be made available on the Vita's PSN store.
- PS1 Classics playable on Vita
- PS2 Classics playable on Vita
- Kingdom Hearts 1&2 HD collection for Vita and PS3
- Final Fantasy X HD release date
- No Kinect demonstrations
- Nintendo gives Wii U a new name (Revolution sounded pretty good back a few years ago)
- New Pikman and Metriod games shown for Wii U
- Redesign of the Wii U controller
So this is what I predict will be at the show and some of the things I would like to see happen but probably wont. What do you guys predict will be at the show and what do you want to see come out of the show? Let me know in the comments below.