PSN Appreciation Program - What should you get?
With the recent news of the PlayStation Store going live this week I thought I'd help out my fellow man by giving out some advice on what to get. I have played/own most of these titles so I thought I could give my two cents for what they're worth. These are listed in the order of what I believe to be the best choices.
1. inFAMOUS: This is by far the best game they are offering. Superhero games didn't quite work until this beauty came around. The story is fantastic and gives you about 20 hours of gameplay per playthrough. Also, it might spark your interest for the sequel coming out next week.
2. Wipeout HD + Fury: This is a hardcore racing game. If you can barely control yourself at CTR or Mario Kart, this is not for you. However, the game is thrilling and beautiful. Just prepare your anus.
3. Super Stardust HD: This was the first game to have trophy support and that's the primary reason I got it. But as I played it I got hooked. The game's take on Asteroids is definitely one of the coolest out there. The best twin stick shooter on the system.
4. LittleBigPlanet: This would have been higher on list but due to the fact the LBP2 is out, can play all the old levels, and is a huge improvement over the original I'd say just go pick up the sequel. Don't get me wrong, LBP is a ton of fun but once you go to LBP2 there is no comparison.
5. Dead Nation: Housemarque makes another appearance on this list with another twin stick shooter. Dead Nation is a tough zombie shoot-fest. One of the better co-operative games on the PSN it provides a somewhat compelling story and tight gameplay.
PSP owners also get 2 free PSP games. Let me repeat the process.
1. Killzone: Liberation - This is no FPS. This is a tactical shooter brought to you by Guerrilla Games. The gameplay works perfectly for the PSP and the story is top notch(especially for the Killzone series). This is by far one of the coolest games I've played on the system.
2. LittleBigPlanet(PSP) - LittleBigPlanet shows up again and rightfully so. LBP for the PSP is a very entertaining platformer. It's a stripped down version of it's console counterpart but pulls of the feel fairly decently. It's not perfect by an stretch but there aren't many better platformers than this one on the PSP.
3. Modnation Racers(PSP) - A kart racer on the go sounds good right? Well how about a kart racer with an endless stream of new tracks and content. Similar to LBP(PSP) Modnation Racers is a stripped down version of it's console counterpart but does a decent job with everything. If you like some good fun kart racing and you have a creative itch to scratch then this might be the choice for you.
4. Pursuit Force - This is the only game I haven't really played. I cannot really render any form of judgement on this specific game but if you look into it an it tickles your fancy by all means go for it.
If you really want more bank for your buck, that you don't actually spend, then I say stick with the 3 choices above. And if you already own all those(which I doubt you guys do) then I guess you could check this out. Remember also that any game downloaded through the PSN will also be playable on the NGP/PSV or whatever it's going to be called.
Hope my input helps you all out. Cheers.