Modern No-fare: 5 reasons NOT to get Modern Warfare 2
Call of Duty 4 was considered, by most, to be a great game. The single player campaign was interesting, the multiplayer was fun, and it played great.
Activision is releasing it's newest Modern Warfare game, starting tomorrow in the US. But plenty of controversy has broken out on Activision and their new game. Especially surrounding Bobby Kotick, the CEO, president, and board member for Activision Blizzard. Some journalists have gone as far as calling him the Satan of Gaming. Their new game Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is receiving various oppositions, and perhaps in good reason.
There are plenty of reasons not to even join this new Warfare.
- The PC version is a complete downgrade - More expensive, only 18 players in matches compared to up to 64 in COD4, Hackers won't be kicked/banned instantly and......heck, check it out for yourself: The ways COD:MW2 is inferior to COD4 on PC
- You have to access Steam (On PC) in order to play online - A blatant exploitation to get people on a third party site.
- The World at War Effect - World at War coasted off the success of COD4, and now Modern Warfare 2 is following. It's even copying parts from COD4 like World at War did, only slightly changing the situation in which the event takes place (Example: World at War's slow motion kill ending). Example: Modern Warfare Reuses COD4's Training Scene
- Disturbing scenes - You either play scenes in which you terrorize and kill citizens, or skip them and loose part of the experience and story. Lose, lose situation. Watch at own risk: disturbing scene
- They don't care - As online petitions bust 200K in some situations for dedicated servers, Activision ultimately doesn't respond. As long as they're getting paid, they don't care what their customers think. Just wait and see how that plays out as they make changes and/or lack of changes to the online and such.
Are you really prepared to spend $60 on THIS game created by THESE people?