E3 is a week away. If you don't know this, then thank you to Google or Bing for randomly sending you our way, hello and welcome to N4G, it's a gaming news aggregate site but also a fanboy spa & vacation spot if you ask certain people.
Now, about that E3...
How good are you at predictions? Do you think you're good enough to win a $250 Amazon Gift Card for them? How about more? Well then, let me tell you about our contest.
We have selected four of the upcoming conference events for E3: EA, Microsoft, Ubisoft, and Sony. Why these four? Because they tend to make the most announcements out of them all and tend to have the most potential for 'surprise' announcements of any sort.
The goal of this contest is to predict certain things happening during each of the events. What type of things? Here's the list:
5 points: Predict a new IP in a specific genre (racing, sport, fps, action, fighter, etc.) announcement
5 points: Predict new hardware announcement
3 points: Predict a sequel to an existing IP
3 points: Predict live gameplay of a specific game (or new IP) on stage
3 points: Predict the release date of a newly announced game
2 points: Predict a new trailer for a game
2 point: Predict a new service/feature announcement
1 point: Predict the release date of a previously announced game or hardware without a release date (month/year required only)
1 point: Predict the updated release date of a previously announced game or hardware that had a release date (month/year required only)
5 points: Predict a previously unmentioned famous or notable industry person's appearance on stage
1 point: Predict that Ubisoft will have people dancing at some point
3 points: Predict that anyone else will have people dancing at some point
Based on those points, what you predict will either increase or decrease your score. That's right, if you predict something incorrectly, you lose those points. This is to prevent people from just spamming a ton of predictions without penalty.
But, how does this work? Let's give some examples, shall we?
A new walking simulator IP announcement with a trailer
If entirely true, that's a total of 7 points (new IP + new trailer). If only the new IP is true, that's only 3 points (new IP - new trailer). If there is no new IP, then that's a total of -7 points.
Gears of War 4: I'm Getting To Old For This S*** standalone game will get announced with an expected release date of August 2018
That's 3 points for the sequel and 3 points for the announce date. Or 0 points (3 - 3 = 0) if the date is wrong/missing from the announcement or -6 points if the game doesn't get announced at all.
Just Dance 2018 announced with people dancing on stage
That's 4 points.
So, get to predicting by replying to this blog. Submissions must be made in comment form here (or any future blog update made since comments get locked out after a few days by the system). The last day to submit your predictions are Saturday, June 10, 2017 at Midnight EST. Predictions should be grouped by one of the four conferences and specific to each conference.
The persons with the highest points in each category, or a randomly selected winner among tied persons in a category, will each win a $250 Amazon Gift Card. A person can win in more than one category, meaning someone could win the whole $1000 if they are that good at predictions.
If you have questions, please ask me via PM at http://n4g.com/user/home/ch... . Submissions will not be accepted via PM.
Terms and Conditions:
1. Competition is open to all N4G users, except for employees of HAVAmedia and immediate relatives. Contests are not limited to the US/NA. Note: Moderators do not receive remuneration, are not employees of HAVAmedia, and are eligible for N4G monthly contests.
2. The closing date for this contest is midnight EST 10 June 2017.
3. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, N4G/HAVAmedia reserves the right to substitute the prizes for alternatives of equal or greater value.
4. Prizes are not transferable.
5. The winners of the competition will be notified by N4G ticket on or before June 31, 2017.
6. Failure to reply to ticket notification within seven (7) days may result in forfeiture of a prize.
7. All N4G TOU apply and may affect eligibility.
8. Lottery style winners are chosen at random from eligible entries. Spam or multiple accounts will result in disqualification.
9. All prizes are in USD, where prizes are awarded to winners outside the USD the exchange rate at the time of prize issue will affect prize amount.