Santa has come and gone around the world. Many deals were to be had for good boys, girls, and synthetic life forms. And, in the mix of it, we also gave what we could, including some notable video game characters. We asked you to figure out who gave what item with a chance at a $100 Amazon Gift Card for five winners. Here are the winners:
Special congratulations to DarkOcelet, who was the only person to get all 30 correct.
So, how well did you guys do in determining who gave what gift? Just in case you forgot, here is what everyone got:
1. Adam was gifted a set of red, blue, and yellow energy cores
2. Aurora was gifted a cybernetic arm
3. Delsin was gifted a necklace with two small metal gears dangling from it
4. Doll was gifted a blueprint for making a beer hat
5. Drifter was gifted a fake mustache collection
6. Elma was gifted a large, dark indigo feather
7. Faust was gifted a spinning top stuck in a time loop
8. Felix was gifted a legionnaires helmet
9. Geralt was gifted a mirrored shield
10. Griffin was gifted a Spanish artifact
11. Henry was gifted a small vial of black liquid on a chain
12. Ikora was gifted a set of cans of spraypaint
13. J.D. was gifted a small stone in the shape of a tear
14. Jack was gifted a Choose Your Own Adventure book
15. Jameson was gifted a copy of the Hippocratic Oath in a paper bag
16. Joule was gifted a bottle of cherry cordial
17. Lara was gifted a holographic armband
18. Lincoln was gifted a golden bracelet and a silver bracelet
19. Naru was gifted a small glass crown
20. Nathan was gifted a statue of a greek goddess
21. Nick was gifted a silver arrow
22. Nikandreos was gifted a Native-American totem
23. Nikola was gifted a cowboy hat
24. Rodin was gifted a Lao holofigure
25. Rook was gifted a killswitch
26. Sabrewulf was gifted a circuit board in the size, shape, and color of a heart
27. Sam was gifted a disposable camera
28. Sebastian was gifted a 1960s Playboy Magazine
29. Summer was gifted a black eye skull
30. Zenobia was gifted a climbing axe
And here are the answers:
1. Joule (ReCore): red, blue and yellow energy cores are used in her corebots.
2. Sabrewulf (Killer Instinct): he used to have two cybernetic arms, but ripped them off.
3. J.D. (Gears of War 4): a common collectible in the game are COG tags.
4. Nick (Dead Rising 3): the beer hat is a blueprint from the game.
5. Felix (Max, Curse of the Brotherhood): the final fight involves Max's brother, Felix, being taken over by Mustacho. Felix grows in size and grows a mustache, of course. He hasn't been the same since.
6. Naru (Ori, and the Blind Forest): the feather is from Kuro, the main antagonist of the game.
7. Jack (Quantum Break): it involves time manipulation, that's Jack's bag.
8. Summer (Ryse: Son of Rome): the goddess seems to have kept Marius' helmet.
9. Nikandreos (Apotheon): the mirrored shield is one of the key items you get in the game.
10. Nathan (Uncharted Series): he's got what some would say is an unhealthy habit in tracking down artifacts, including those of El Dorado and Spanish pirates.
11. Nikola (The Order: 1886): it's Blackwater.
12. Delsin (inFamous: Second Son): what would you expect from a known graffiti artist?
13. Doll (Bloodborne): a Tear Stone is a consumable in the game.
14. Zenobia (Stories: The Path of Destinies): the game itself is based on the concept of a Choose Your Own Adventure book.
15. Faust (Guilty Gear Xrd): a doctor who wears a paper bag over his head, what's not to get?
16. Geralt (The Witcher 3): a common alcohol you'll find in the game.
17. Ikora (Destiny): she's the warlock trainer and they wear cosmetic armbands, some of them have holographic imagery.
18. Rodin (Bayonetta 2): he wears a gold bracelet and 4 gold rings on one side, a silver bracelet and 4 silver rings on the other.
19. Aurora (Child of Light): when Aurora is awoken by the wishes of the people, she comes back wearing a white dress and a glass crown.
20. Sebastian (The Evil Within): there are collectible statues in the game, they are of an unspecified greek goddess (some assume it's Hera).
21. Rook (The Banner Saga): the silver arrow is used to weaken Bellower by either Rook or his daughter (assumption here is it was his daughter since he would be dead otherwise).
22. Sam (Until Dawn): Native-American totems are a common collectible in the game.
23. Griffin (Evolve): he wears one and he likes to give them as gifts as well.
24. Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X): it's something you can find late in the game, related to a former playable character.
25. Adam (Deus Ex): while killswitches are a common occurrence in the series, including the story of Human Revolution being centered around it in part, this was a reference to an item in the latest game that could allow you to save everyone at the end of Mankind Divided.
26. Drifter (Hyper Light Drifter): the story itself is developed by someone with heart disease and mirrors his battle with it as well as being the thing that the final boss comes out of at the end of the game.
27. Henry (Firewatch): Henry uses one throughout the game.
28. Lincoln (Mafia III): a collectible in the game.
29. Jameson (Halo 5): a specific collectible you can find in the game (requiring a good bit of exploring to boot).
30. Lara (Tomb Raider): it's an extra one of her climbing axes.
Contests in January 2017
While we see that an extremely few number of people participated in this contest, we are still planning two contests in January. The first will be shortly after the new year and will be a lottery for those who submit Game of the Year category nominees. The second will follow afterward and will be a contest about who can predict the winners of N4G's Game of the Year survey. So, keep an eye out for those.