Diablo 3 is finally out after 12 years! Joshua Mobley delves down into hell to battle the powers of darkness and see if it lives up to the hype.
Lives up to expectations is prolly the best comment possible. Mighty high expectations to live up to
aside from that midnight hour I couldn't play it the game rules.
True. The game is amazing..!!
dont forget to spam random stuff how this game suck,and hate it cause its popular
Or actual stuff, like how hard they dumbed it down.
Don't forget the console fanboys who just need to talk trash about anything PC exclusive.
So far, for me, the game hasn't lived up to any of my expectations as far as gameplay. I believe many of the design choices are a big step backwards.
Thank you! Someone actually agrees with me. I think the game just got on the hype train. I honestly had a much better time playing Torchlight then I have D3.
@Trenta27: I never played the previous Diablo games but I can say I enjoy Diablo 3 alot more than I did Torchlight although I did like Torchlight alot.
I have to agree as well. The dumbing down and the removal of so many choices available in Diablo II has really crushed my expectations as well. The skill point coices and attribute choices made your 2.0 characters unique. But there is hope. I have been having a blast in the closed beta of Diablo 3.5: https://www.pathofexile.com... Best $15 I have spent in a long long time.
Loving it so far..
me too. it is so fun
Enjoying the game, but I don't like the skill progression. Not really much choice aside from selecting the runes. Where are all the other reviews by the way. The game is out for a day now and there are no reviews??
Skill progression and your attribute score increases are determined for you. Though, with the way they do attributes now, all that matters are your primary attribute and Vitality. I also hate only being able to hotkey 6 abilities total, 2 attacks and 4 'utility'. I much prefer Diablo 1 & 2, where you could not only choose what skills you wanted to learn, but also put points into them to level up the ones you wanted to focus on over others.
Exactly - your progression through the game in terms of skills is preset. Skills unlock at set levels and its just a matter of determining which skill suits your play-style. Unless I've missed something, most of the skills don't even show you how much damage you doing. And weapons that you pick up can't be used (when playing as a wizard) unless you've run out of Arcane power. Not too impressed. I would say 'more of the same' but it really feels like less. Still, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't having fun anyway
"I also hate only being able to hotkey 6 abilities total, 2 attacks and 4 'utility'." Go to settings, turn on elective mode. It removes the preset categories. It sucks that it isn't on as default.
95 is way too high, I'm leaning to 85 as of now. It's fun and a great game overall, but a step back compared to Diablo 2 in some regards not to mention the current absence of PvP modes.
I don't think 9.5 is too high. I am really enjoying the game. Everyone has a right to their opinion and I respect that, but I didn't give the game a 9.5 just cause. I genuinely love it.
Yea, I think that the launch issues are clouding peoples judgments of the game right now. When the game is working, I would easily give it a 9.5 because I always want more. It's so damn addictive, and one of the best co-op games I have played in a while.
I really love it, addicting as hell. And some good fun which is what matters to me. Although I must admit I didn't experience any of the problems that many others seemed to experience which probably helped me enjoy it more.
You're nothing but a fool if you dont give this game a 9 at least. Its amazing for what it is.
Game is far to easy -_- u can get through the game just by using ur left click -_- stupid
Still on act 1? have you played hardcore? only 20-30% of items are unlocked on normal the other 70% unlock on hardcore mode.
N4G is a community of gamers posting and discussing the latest game news. It’s part of NewsBoiler, a network of social news sites covering today’s pop culture.