Las Vegas, Jan 04, 2008 (Business Wire) -- Hitachi has developed an Ultra Thin plasma display panel (PDP) that is a mere 1.5-inches in depth. This new Ultra Thin plasma display will be the centerpiece of Hitachi's Innovations Showcase here at CES, which also features:
• A "super" Ultra Thin LCD at just .75 inches in depth alongside its 1.5-inch Ultra Thin PDP
• An advanced search technology that can be applied to visual images
• A system that allows video to be shared between homes and then viewed on a TV, not a PC
• A wireless video gateway for sharing content among several displays in the home
• An IPTV user interface for accessing, managing and sharing content at home or on the go
View the report for the full news release.