From 2D fighters to 3D fighters, there have been a lot of fun fighters out there, but what are the ten best? 411's Derek Robbins ranks his top 10 favorite fighting games of all time. (12.28.2007)
Soul Calibur I & II, Killer Instinct I & 2, Tekken 3 & 5, Dead or Alive 2: Ultimate... the list goes on. Those should have been a part of this list or something.
yeah i agree with you that list sucked...they missed so much stuff on there.. DEAD or Alive any of them. Killer instinct, what about a mortal kombat
I stopped reading when I seen Marvel VS Capcom 2. That game is broken.
I think they only name fighters the played but anyhow who haven't play MK or KI?
Makes you wonder, doesn't it?
That's the worst list I have ever seen! A few titles on there deserved to be there... but overall... the list is horrible!
No dead or alive to be found. To me that's the best fighting franchise ever created. I wouldn't could have accepted it getting the number 10 spot... but to not be mentioned at all... is just disrespectful!
Most of them are 2-D fighters. I spent my fair share of time playing most of these games, but in no way can I consider any of the games on that list to be greatest fighters ever! If any of them... I would have to say Soul Caliber, but only the first one... the second and third didn't play as great.
At least no DoA they suck.
they got some right but left some i would of put on there.
*My favs, as always but not everyone makes the list.*
1. Street Fighter Alpha 2/Zero - I think this one holds the cake.
2. Mortal Kombat 2/Ultimate - I played 2 the most and it rocked.
3. Virtua Vighter 5 - Adds online finally on consoles
4. Tekken 2/Tag Tournament - This one put Tekken on the Map.
5. SouldCaliber 2 - (best version with each console getting and exclusive character. you'll never see that again.
6. Marvel Vs Capcom 2 - Since Dreamcast Baby
7. Killer Instinct 1 - Fight On!
8. Samurai Showdown 2 - Different flavor, The best version. Unique fighther.
9. Guilty Gear XX - Most underrated 2-D fighter, since Dreamcast days.
10.Capcom Vs SNK 2 - Loved my Dreamcast Fighters. This one was goood.
Others that could make my list..
-Dead or Alive, was the new Virtua Fighter. Destructable Levels rocked.
-Super Smash Bros, Was never played in the Arcades or ever been online, it has not had the Exposure as some of the other games.
-Power Stone, I think is the same type game with less characters.
-Art of Fighting
-King of Fighters
-TMNT : Tournament Fighters , I use to whooop ass with Rat King and Karai. Rat Boooomber....
More like POPUP mania. Geez, I got like 5 popups in a row from this crap site. No Samurai Shodown?! FAIL!!!
N4G is a community of gamers posting and discussing the latest game news. It’s part of NewsBoiler, a network of social news sites covering today’s pop culture.