Dec. 18, 2007 - A PriceGrabber.com survey of 3,309 online shoppers conducted in early December reports that:
• The number of consumers interested in video games and consoles continues to rise, with 64 percent of respondents planning to purchase a gaming equipment in the next year.
• 71 percent of online shoppers plan to spend more than $50 on gaming.
• 55 percent favor consoles in the $100 to $300 range.
• Game selection is the most important attribute when choosing a gaming system.
• 31 percent favor the Nintendo Wii, saying it offers the best games.
• Non-violent games have gained in appeal, with 29 percent rating animated/child-friendly games as their preferred genre.