Submitted by Mister_V 946d ago | news

You Think You Want a CoD4 Remake, But You Don’t – Treyarch Dev Talks Innovation

MP1st - Recently, David Vonderhaar, Game Design Director at Treyarch, opened up a dialogue with fans revealing what kind of thinking goes into developing a Call of Duty game. (Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, PC, PS3, Xbox 360)

« 1 2 »
e-p-ayeaH  +   946d ago
I just want a new engine treyarch and better online.
soundslike  +   946d ago
new graphics engine and some actual work on sound design would win me back in a heartbeat.
tmoss726  +   946d ago
That's Battlefield 3 dude.
Coffin87  +   945d ago | Funny
"Treyarch dev talks innovation"

Related image(s)
lastdual  +   945d ago
Honestly, while a new engine would be nice, it's new gameplay that I would be more interested in.

Fewer Michael Bay-style explosive set pieces and more stealth and exploration. Give me some actual pacing with real peaks and valleys rather than constant, brain-numbing action scenes. Lose the on-rails vehicle sequences and give me wide-open battlefields with vehicles that can be driven in any direction to take on objectives as I see fit.

I could go on, but you get the point. It's the super-linear progression from one cut scene to the next that is killing the series, more so than the engine.
frostypants  +   945d ago
@Coffin87
Laugh if you like, but there was more innovation in Black Ops than in MW3, relatively speaking. You're sure not going to see anything great from Infinity Ward, because their main talent is gone (hence why MW3 is a warmed over re-hash). If Treyarch can't bring more innovations, you might as well stick a fork in the CoD series, because no one else will.
DirtyLary  +   945d ago
They wont. The second the game changes from quake 3 with modern day guns, people will scream.

A new engine is the definite end to the COD/MW juggernaut,and the rat maze, circle jerk, musical chairs game play COD has become.
RumbleFish  +   945d ago
To be honest, I was a big fan of CoD 4 (played it on PS3). So I bought CoD W@W, to learn that they sold me a full price map pack with a slightly weaker single player campaign. The multi player was not bugged that much as the CoD 4 multi player before the patch that took them 2 weeks to release for the US version and additional 6 weeks for the EU version.
CoD W@W was my last purchase of that franchise.
Now I have BF3 on my PC running an average of 60 fps on ultra settings. What can I say? I'm happy with that.
For those who prefer smaller maps and infantry only gameplay I hope that there will be a new engine and some change of direction gameplaywise for the franchise soon.
dawgsfan117  +   945d ago
Cod4 was brilliant. I wish we could go back to its simple and balanced gameplay aswell as the amazing map design. The three kill streak system and the small amount of camoes that served to show off how many headshots you had with a weapon were perfect. Also does anybody remember how awesome it was the first time you picked up the 50. cal sniper?
disturbing_flame  +   946d ago
Actually it's pretty funny to say people don't want a COD 4 remake and are waiting for innovation, when they actually just took Infinity Ward engine to make their games.

We ll talk about innovation with Treyarch when they will work on their own new engine. Untill then they are just releasing like extension every year for 70 bucks.

Because of their lack of innovation, they are killing all the positive thoughts around the licence. It may sells more but the multiplayer is just getting worse with time.
#1.2 (Edited 946d ago ) | Agree(16) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
RedDead  +   946d ago
Yeah I have to say I think Blops is the best Cod since 4. But they have done **** all innovation wise, they just had the engine and did what they wanted with it. Which is still little more than an expansion to Cod4
lategamer  +   945d ago
I thought Nazi Zombies and Gun Customization was pretty innovative.

How was BF3 innovative? New Engine? That's not innovation. Destruction? Bad Company 2 had that, and Red Faction did it better. Sound Design? That's always been great?

How was Uncharted 3/Gears 3/etc. innovative?
IrishAssa  +   945d ago
Nazi zombies is horde mode. Gun customization.. .please don't tell me you think Cod invented that? BF is new(nuff said on it). Cod isn't new since 4. Just map packs and perks. Either improving the game or making it worse. Nothing more nothing less.
Getowned  +   945d ago
You wan't a game with crazy customizations try Rainbow6:Las vegas 2 i'm sure there are games more customizable but that was awesome,the controls take getting use too but it's fun.
Tanir  +   946d ago
the words Innovation and COD dont go together
ambientFLIER   946d ago | Personal attack | show
scrambles  +   946d ago
BAHAHAHAHA strike packages... ive played it and all i have to say is support is ppl who cant get kill streaks and its still the same old boring mw2
radphil  +   946d ago
"Strike packages, anyone?"

That's not innovative...that's just re-tweaking what they already had going.

That's like saying that Deathstreaks are innovation after Killstreaks were around.
#1.3.3 (Edited 946d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(2) | Report
Sarcasmology  +   946d ago
Yeah, I'm a little surprised the universe hasn't folded in on itself for even suggesting the idea. It's like saying there are lawyers that have morals, or will work for free. Things like these NEVER happen.
#1.3.4 (Edited 946d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(2) | Report
tigertron  +   945d ago
They do, aslong as you put the words 'no' infront of 'innovation' and 'in' before COD.
Millah  +   945d ago
I'm not a COD fanboy, but you have to at least recognize what the games Infinity Ward made has done for the genre. Tyarch and innovation don't go together, but Infinity Ward games have always innovated (that is, until the company collapsed after MW2 released). MW3 is the first game from IW that isn't up to par with the rest of em, simply because the talent is no longer at IW, instead at their newly formed studio Respawn.

COD 1 invented aiming down sights, almost a decade ago. Other developers only recently started doing this in their games. COD2 invented the regenerative health system that is standard in every shooter today, as well as other things like hitmarkers, onscreen grenade indicators, toss back grenades, etc.

COD4, being the most innovative, literally invented the entire online multiplayer framework used by other franchises today. Perks, killstreaks, leveling, challenges, etc.

Innovation can be measured by it's influence. I think most rational people would agree that COD4 and MW2 have been quite influential. So for you to say that COD has never innovated, would mean you have not been playing video games for very long, or you're just an obnoxious fanboy that jumped on the "hate on COD" bandwagon ever since MW2 became a huge success.

Don't blame Infinity Ward for what Activision did to the series (as well as their studio). Jason West and Vince Zampella hated it just as much as you all do, which is why they had their big fallout. They hated Treyarch with a passion too.
#1.3.6 (Edited 945d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report
GraveLord  +   946d ago
I want a new engine too but I know it would bring too much compromise on current-gen consoles.
ambientFLIER  +   946d ago
"I just want a new engine treyarch and better online."

Oh, is that all?
Hicken  +   946d ago
And better sound might do.

Oh, and a singleplayer that actually has some LENGTH.

And guns that were more balanced from the start.

And a simplified list of killstreaks.

And solid hit detection.

And either a legitimate way to use sniper rifles, or none at all.

And much weaker auto-aim.
SSKILLZ  +   946d ago
@ tmoss726
No dude, Battlefield is battlefield and Cod is Cod,
now that said its not to mutch to ask that cod get a upgrade many peoploe have been with this franchise and its only fair that they up grade and make a real good looking Cod for the fans.
#1.6 (Edited 946d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
ReservoirDog316  +   946d ago
New engine will happen next gen. It's just how it is.

But what's this?

" It can be speculated that the reason why fans request such a thing is because for many, CoD4 was their “first” CoD experience. Your first experience in almost anything tends to be the most memorable."

CoD4 wasn't my first CoD. 2 was and that was really*** great for the time but CoD4 knocked it out of the park in nearly every way. That's why I want every CoD game to be similar. Because it was great. Instead, we get horrible mw2, decent fun with black ops and a game with 1 shot kills with mw3.

Well, whatever. I rented mw3 so I guess I can't complain (woo gamefly!).
Highlife  +   945d ago
I want there to be a break till the new consoles are out. New engine, ideas and a fresh start.

Lets get creative people!

I realize that is a pipe dream.
loobtube  +   945d ago
You can't get any better than cod4,its a classic.They tried and failed or just got lazy,dedicated servers would be great....be the sad thing is that it's all about shareholders and greed.It's a bloody shame:-(
Mister_V  +   946d ago
Treyarch did some great things with Black Ops, things that didn't even make it into MW3. Hearing all this stuff, I'm getting quite excited for their next title, be it Black Ops 2 or whatever, maybe even more excited than I was for MW3.
Criminal  +   946d ago
If all studios behind the CoD franchise can coordinate better, we'd get more polished games.
Mister_V  +   946d ago
Call of Duty: Modern Ops!
Fylus  +   946d ago
Call of Duty: Black Warfare
Starbucks_Fan  +   946d ago
Call of Duty: White Warfare
Majin-vegeta  +   945d ago
Call of duty:Brown warfare.
Shackdaddy836  +   946d ago
I rather have a WaW2...guess I'm the minority :(
Criminal  +   946d ago
I'm with you. I'd love to see a WaW2.
MRMagoo123  +   945d ago
i myself enjoyed WaW more than the modern rehashes they keep making, having no scopes and getting long shots on ppl was pretty fun when using the rifles. The only thing i didnt like was the tanks the maps where too small for them imo.
Shackdaddy836  +   945d ago
True. If they do a WaW2, they either need to balance tanks a lot or just take them out completely.

I just absolutely loved WaW though. Every gun felt like it had some type of power to it and just the feel was so great. Thompson was amazing to shoot.
FunkMcnasty  +   945d ago
@Mister V Same here. Black Ops was my favorite since COD4, simply because of the freedom of customization, and the instant gratification of being able to purchase any, perk, upgrade, and attatchments you wanted for a gun as soon as you unlocked it. I was never a fan of the "kill X amount of people for unlock this attatchment" that IW does and Treyarch did with WaW. I also thought the maps were better, and I really enjoyed the wager matches and their unique game types.

I think the only thing that held Black Ops back was the lag and server issues.

I didn't pick up MW3 because, quite frankly, I just need a break from CoD. Picked up BF3 on release day and have'nt looked for another online shooter since.. but if Treyarch stick with Black Ops too I may just check into that.. might be what I need to renew my interest in CoD.
#2.3 (Edited 945d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
RankFTW  +   946d ago
Who the hell wants a CoD4 remake?
AdmiralSnake  +   946d ago
Nobody... they want the memories and good times they had on COD4, but those days are long gone.
3GenGames  +   946d ago
Exactly, nobody wants a remake, they want a game with the same quality, same ammount of balance, simplicity (NO MORE THAN 3 SET KILLSTREAKS and all that other crap like tactical insertions) and just a good new game. Sadly that probably won't happen if Activision does what they always do, run it into the ground and don't care. I mean everything they added from COD4->MW2 basically broke the game. It really did and it was a shame. Now it's just a sad joke that people still think it's good because of how great COD4 was that set off this monster of a bad game managing to become popular for so long.
#3.1.1 (Edited 946d ago ) | Agree(15) | Disagree(0) | Report
ReservoirDog316  +   946d ago
@ 3gen

Perfecty* said.

+bubbles
JeffGUNZ  +   945d ago
@ 3gengames

I disagree with you. I have been let down on all COD's since COD4, but I actually enjoy MW3. I really enjoy support killstreaks and bigger rewards for playing as a team and going for objectives.
MRMagoo123  +   945d ago
I think one of the main problems for each new iteration is the kill streaks they just keep adding more and more crap like that, when what most COD players want a back to basics COD4 experience.

We want it to be about the shooting again and from what i can tell its more about the kill streaks and getting the kills is just the means to an end.

Each new COD seems to get further away from the game we all loved.
DARK WITNESS  +   945d ago
nobody wants a remake... what we want is a sequel that plays as consistently as cod4 did.

Cod4 was not perfect. it had bugs, it had lag issues at time.... BUT, compared to blackops and MW3, it played like a dream.

It does not matter what new and great innovations they put into the game if the game is hardly playable.

I thought Blackops had some good ideas on paper, but in the end it meant little if every time I empty a clip into someone I would get killed by one shot. Then I would have the pleasure of watching the kill cam which showed me not even lifting my gun. MW3 is even worse.

I dont care for all the fancy crap they put in it. if I shoot first and accurately at the guys head I want to be rewarded for the kill. Not die and then watch the kill came of the guy shooting the thin air to the left or right of me and getting a head shot
_Aarix_  +   945d ago
how can you remake a current gen game for the same gen?
LoLZoRz  +   945d ago
I was thinking the same thing.
StayStatic  +   946d ago
Guess after black ops 2 or whatever they end up calling it, we will get a Call of Duty anniversary edition (CoD 1 released in 2003 iirc), just seems to be a trend now xD
#4 (Edited 946d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Hufandpuf  +   946d ago
as much as I hate COD, those are some true words right there.
soundslike  +   946d ago
honestly from the LAST people I'd ever expect to hear them from

seriously...some major irony.
admiralthrawn87  +   946d ago
COD and INNOVATION should never be in the same sentence. unless the words "lack of" are also included.

COD4 was extremely innovative. However the 4 games following it are not. Not even progressive in the least.
Jacks_Medulla  +   946d ago
"COD and INNOVATION should never be in the same sentence. COD4 was extremely innovative."
Well, that's ironic.
cpayne93  +   946d ago
Contradiction is fun.
admiralthrawn87  +   946d ago
lulz. it is ironic i posted that. However and i'm sure you know i'm talking about everything after cod4, i guess i shouldve said "should no longer" be in the same sentence
lategamer  +   945d ago
MW2 and Black Ops actually added plenty of new features. Trolls like you however, just like to ignore that fact. WoW was a (basically) carbon copy of CoD4 though.

(However, the games are unbalanced and glitchy)
Megaton  +   946d ago
What the hell is this? Who wants a CoD4 remake? What would they remake it with? They still use the same engine, FFS.

@AdmiralSnake - Oh please, I currently own 3 CoD games and have owned CoD4 on multiple platforms. I'd bet that I've easily played more CoD4 than you have. This is still an absurd idea. Remakes are typically done across separate generations because of a demand for graphical upgrades and enhancement. Remaking CoD4 on the same engine in the same generation would be utterly pointless. I'm sorry if that bit of realism is lost on you.
#7 (Edited 946d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
AdmiralSnake  +   946d ago
And THE SAME, trolls come on every Cod articles complaining, Irony isn't it ?

Played more than me ? That is quite irrelevant, I see the same shit, from 90% of you morons on this site complaining and whining. Don't like it, don't buy the damn game.

There's no demand for graphical improvement. Barely any game changes their gameplay mechanic, and regardless of whether it have better graphics, will that improve your gameplay experience ? Absolutely NOT!

New Engine ? I didn't hear that shit till BF3 came out.

COD fans want dedicated severs, a new engine is quite irrelevant right now, plus the new gen is apparently on its way, if next gen comes, and they still use the same engine, you may THEN complain.

Lmao I see more people complain about COD engine, than the one Bethesda use for Skyrim.... haha.
#7.1 (Edited 946d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(13) | Report | Reply
Chnswdchldrn  +   946d ago
You misuse the word irony pal. How is it ironic that the same trolls are in every COD article? Thats more typical than ironic

lrn2engrish
JeffGUNZ  +   945d ago
@Chnswdchldrn

I believe the irony he is going after is the irony of people who say they hate COD and they can't stand, etc, are the ones who post more in the COD articles. It's ironic, meaning the opposite of what should be. Therefore, most of the posts in COD related articles are from people who say they can give a sh*t about COD yet they continuously post in every article.

It is also typical for this site, but it is also ironic that the people who say they hate COD and haven't bought a COD since COD4 are the majority of the posters.
MRMagoo123  +   945d ago
Maybe its because the haters on the newer COD games are also the bigger fans of COD4 and every time a new COD comes out with more kill streaks,death streaks and whatever streaks they think of next they feel the COD franchise die a little bit.
Somebody  +   946d ago
Still....remaking a game that used the same game engine it started with is kind of a rip off. Might as well make a HD texture patch for the old game and sell it as DLC.
Gamer-Z  +   946d ago
These guys are saying that a COD4 remake "would be neither an innovation or evolution" yet all other CODs that have come after COD4 were hardly innovative and in no way were they an evolution. Way to contradict yourself there Treyarch come back after you have made a decent COD like COD4 and that's not a hot steaming pile poo like Black Ops.
#8 (Edited 946d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
frostypants  +   945d ago
No evolution? Black Ops added a TON of customization, completely changed the weapon upgrade system, added dolphin dives, new effects, dynamic levels, expanded stat tracking (IN GAME), theater mode, etc.

Then MW3 took 90% of that and threw it away, or provided an inferior version of it.

If took a gamer who was unfamiliar with the series and put MW3 and Black Ops side-by-side, I guarantee you they'd think Black Ops was the newer game by at least a couple of years.
#8.1 (Edited 945d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Gamer-Z  +   945d ago
All of what you just said is nothing new, other games offer the same additions and the weapon upgrade system in BO was terrible so were the maps they are some of the worst in COD history. Also what new effects? Graphics were a downgrade from MW2 lol but i do think MW3 is even worse than BO so i retract my statement about it being a pile of poo and instead give that title to MW3.
#8.1.1 (Edited 945d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report
Baka-akaB  +   946d ago
Well , i do know i dont want and expect them from you , nor anything
ginsunuva  +   946d ago
They've already made about four or five cod4 remakes.
#10 (Edited 946d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
SKUD  +   945d ago
This ^^^^^
Tonester925  +   946d ago
Call of Duty: Future Warfare

This way they can make everything up and come up with brand new ideas because no one knows the future.
scrambles  +   946d ago
o god... every gun standard equipped with a heartbeat sensor that bleep every .05 seconds showing direction and precise movement, kill streaks being even easier to get kills look in the general direction of the enemy fire megalazor destroy everything except buildings, perks would just be buffed further cuz hell this is the future!! but nah they probably wont do that. theyll just recopy and paste mw2 then change bullets to lazors

edit: also each gun has 4 attachtments cuz bf has 3 so MUST HAVE MOAR with no drawbacks of course on any of em
#11.1 (Edited 946d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Brownghost  +   946d ago
yes and since its the future there will be cloaking and guns that shoot through walls. It will be the best game EVAH!
Brownghost  +   946d ago
how about something new. We have enough sequels next year
dogga94  +   946d ago
ya know what though with the world getting stupider everyday and now the gaming is "mainstream" its kinda of what fry said on futurama "people are stupid and just want to see the same thing over and over again."
killershadow117  +   946d ago
No, I don't want a remake of COD. I want the complete opposite of that actually because it feels like all I am getting is remakes. Don't tell me that you actually think you are not remaking it?!
Brownghost  +   946d ago
if they make a remake they are officially out of ideas
xXtremeHDGamerXx  +   946d ago
Every Call of Duty after COD4 is a remake they're just f**ked up in away.
#15 (Edited 946d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
MerkinMax  +   946d ago
Cod 4 is a timeless game, it doesn't need a remake. I can still pop it in any day and have a good time. Not many games like that nowadays.
SeraphimBlade  +   946d ago
Why would ANYONE think that? CoD 4 was one of those games that was actually as complete and polished as seemed possible. There's no reason for more than one version to exist.
hennessey86  +   946d ago
All I can say
is ive never played a game more than i played cod4 and thats including gt3
MRMagoo123  +   945d ago
Agree to both, i havent ever played any other game for as long besides some final fantasy games, COD4 was pretty much the perfect fps and will probably be remembered as such by millions of ppl.
GentileSlayr  +   946d ago
The biggest downfall of Cod 2 me is the lack of exploration in single player. My first COD was MW2. Even though it wasn't a sandbox, it had enough freedom to keep me interested. Now it's just a bunch of minigames written by some neo-con on prescription drugs and bud lite.
Akiba96  +   946d ago
The most false statement ever, 'Treyarch talks innovation'....
Hufandpuf  +   946d ago
BUT, if anything Treyarch has been trying to push the COD boundaries. I'm not saying W@W and BLOPS were good games, but they did try to do something different than IW's installments. To be fair, IW stays the same trying to add on what they have, while Treyarch TRIES to do something different, just not always successfully. Zombies any1?
lategamer  +   945d ago
There's no point trying to explain that to these guys. They hate Call of Duty because IW and Treyarch don't spend millions and years of development into making a new engine. Just "blah blah Call of Duty sucks trollololol"
#19.1.1 (Edited 945d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report
Getowned  +   945d ago
I think Blops and W@W where good games they wernt horrible like MW3,don't care how any one else feels about them but if you liked them why hide it.who cares about agrees and dissagree you don't need to bend over for any one on N4Gthis isn't prison.
blackhammer  +   945d ago
I want Call of Duty to go on hiatus, but its a cash cow so that will never happen.

Dream don't come true. Even Battlefield 3 is a big disappointment to me. Almost as much as every round of Call of duty MP I've played since after the first Modern Warfare. Constant server issues and bad hit detection (whichever of the two).

I'll be waiting for ArmA III where things can actually be fun, both online and offline.
frostypants  +   945d ago
BF3's hit detection is spot on...
Jdrm03  +   945d ago
No, we don't want a remake of CoD4. What we want is the game to return to the QUALITY that CoD4 was.

Give the game a rest for 2 or 3 years. New engine, fix freakin spawn system, SOUND SOUND SOUND,get some inspiration for the sound engine form the battlefield series, MAP SYMMETRY, this make maps a circle within a circle within a circle and then putting as much nook and cranies and making each map a cluster f**k is not innovation. Simplicity is sometimes the best thing!
fullmetal297  +   945d ago
"Simply put, fans don’t always know exactly what they want."

I dunno. If a bunch of people keeps telling you to update your engine and change the gameplay repeatedly for two years, then I think they know exactly what they want...
#22 (Edited 945d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
JeffGUNZ  +   945d ago
First off, what? Please, what is a new engine going to add this late in this generation that will make COD a game that all the N4g haters will all of the sudden like? So, you're not playing COD because of the graphics and the sound? I mean really, a new engine is only going to add better graphics, sound, and other stuff that is irrelevant to true call of duty fans. The reason people play this game year after year for hours on end is because the gameplay is fun.

Second, who is asking for the gameplay to change?! COD is a mammoth because of it's current style of gameplay. You have to be out of your mind to think they are going to change the play style. I have never heard anyone asking for COD to have the gameplay changed, except the pathetic BF nerds on this site.

Most people believe they should add dedicated servers, focus on balancing (weapons/perks/maps/spawn locations, etc). The game play is what has made this game amazing and is what keeps this game from outselling everything year after year.

I'll still sitting here dumbfounded and confused on your post that people want to gameplay to change. Get going.
#22.1 (Edited 945d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
nick29203  +   945d ago
You don't want the gameplay to change for the better at all? Don't you think that balanced weapons, perks, maps, and spawn locations will make the game better? How would dedicated servers hurt? The "N4g COD haters" ARE the "true fans" who have bought the games year after year and want to see it improve, and you're going to sit there and say that we are wrong for pointing out the obvious flaws with the franchise we once really enjoyed? Get going.
JeffGUNZ  +   942d ago
@ Nick

You're reaching pal, he is clearly stating the gameplay needs to be changed, it doesn't. Balancing issues and perks are upgrades, not gameplay changes. Gameplay changes would be something that alters the core mechanics of COD. I'm all for balancing and whatnot, those are not changes in the gameplay, they are modifications to an already existing system. It's the core mechanics of the gameplay which make it such a success.
fullmetal297  +   945d ago
"Simply put, fans don’t always know exactly what they want."
KontryBoy706  +   945d ago
How bout using that great ambition you got about innovation AND GIVE SOME FREAKING DEDICATED SERVERS. All that money y'all make off us every year and we can't even get something as simple as that out of y'all. Crooks!
#24 (Edited 945d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
artdafoo  +   945d ago
Lol, that moron said a new engine wasn't innovative, then what the eff is numbnuts ? Just adding new guns and killstreaks every November. Yea a whole new engine that's been in the making for 5+ years is not innovation. Dope
bloodcell  +   945d ago
oooooooooooooh my god! i hate treyarc. sorry to sound like a child but...

infinity ward was robbed, why did treyarch cods et nominated for smithsonians game section? there is nothing more criminal with that. josh olin & vonderhar need to go away, i dont want to hear them talk anymore like they are some kind of game guru's, they are both complete jokes.

i buy this franchise but seriously take infinity wards name off these games, its not infiinity ward making these & it surely doesnt feel like infinity ward.

i like how treyarch are trying to make the next cod a space game(thats what real infinity ward was going to do)

do they have any idea what its going to be like when respawn also drops a space game? treyarchs wont matter one bit. kaput!

innovation.. pfft
Basjohn  +   945d ago
Who the hell would want a COD4 remake? COD8 is using THE SAME ENGINE slowly bugged down over every iteration. Would we really want COD4 with more exploits, bugs and stuttering performance? Of course not. This is like saying they should remake FF7 on a PS1 engine instead of a PS3/360 level one.

COD4 is the last good COD game made, remaking it is like telling us you'd want to turn it into a shit stain like the rest of the recent series.

But really the best favour of all? Just.....stop making COD all together.....please? Let those delicious developers out of the barn to graze on some new IP for once.
Der_Kommandant  +   945d ago
Fix the hit detection, graphics, sound, online and then we can talk about innovation.
#28 (Edited 945d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
danielle007  +   945d ago
Maybe wait until the next generation to even think about remaking a current generation game.
MizTv  +   945d ago
thanks for telling me what i want
« 1 2 »

Japanese Role-Playing Game (JRPG) Conversation Podcast

8m ago - Thirty & Nerdy’s Scott and Matt discuss Japanese Role-playing Games. When did JRPG’s come West... | Culture

Spec Ops: The Line and the Future of Shooters

8m ago - There is a change in tone being found in shooters. Call of Duty is no longer taking place in a pr... | Culture

inFAMOUS: First Light Preview | CheatCC

12m ago - One of the biggest reveals at the Sony Press conference at E3 2014 this year was inFAMOUS: First... | PS4

Who Needs Next-Gen? Skyrim Graphics Look Ridiculously Amazing In Recent Video

12m ago - Skyrim Fansite writes: "A few weeks ago, RealVision ENB released another YouTube video showcasing... | PC

Start Making Games for the PS4

Batman: Arkham Knight Action Figures & Exclusive Batman: Arkham City Harley Quinn Statue Announced

13m ago - DC Collectibles have announced action figures based on the upcoming game Batman: Arkham Knight, a... | Culture