Submitted by Scholla 1229d ago | article

Spike VGA’s 2011: Red Dead Redemption got the crown — what's the next game bound?

SchollA from Console ControllUs writes:
So it’s December which means the VGA’s are upon us once again, every major title has been released and the nominees are in. Red Dead Redemption is the champion and current crown holder at the moment. (PC, PS3, VGA's 2011, Wii, Xbox 360)

blaaah  +   1229d ago
Skyrim or Batman Arkham City... the other's don't stand a chance at that stupid glamor-fest!
StraightPath  +   1229d ago
Skyrim Batman AC Portal 2 Zelda Skyward Sword = Highest Rated Game This Year

these are the chosen few others dont differentiate that much to be amongst these games.
kevnb  +   1229d ago
ratings dont matter, theyll just pick something based on what they think is the best choice. The highest rated movies or albums dont usually get the nod either.
MsclMexican  +   1229d ago
Uncharted 3 or Batman....

If skyrim wins... after this.... I will never bloody forgive em

"Charlie Cutter"

Yeah but if Skyrim does win I will be very upset as it shows how the industry is praising a game that was supposed to be great, but is bloody broken

Edit:

I have been watching the VGA behind the scenes and it seems that GOTY is really between Uncharted and Skyrim.

The critics felt Portal 2 was just a game you could play only once. Zelda although a legendary franchise, is a game that did not appeal to many of them. Batman will probably walk away with most of the awards, ex: Best Licensing, Best 360, Best Studio, Best Score... etc(Hopefully best male lead... Mark Hammil FTW) but at the rate the discussion is going it looks like it is between Uncharted and Skyrim

Also Skyrim is a great game, but Bethesda ruined it with poor choices in the development for PS3 which ruined the game for me.

So Uncharted gets my vote. I wish luck to all the games nominated and the studios responsible. You made it a great year for gaming... but a crappy year for my wallet ):
#1.2 (Edited 1229d ago ) | Agree(12) | Disagree(8) | Report | Reply
j-blaze  +   1229d ago
Dark Souls or Skyward Sword !
dboyc310  +   1229d ago
Most Uncharted 3 fans hate Batman AC just because they know the great chances it has on winning the crown. My vote went for Batman just for the fact that it exceeded expectations and basically improved on its predecessor. It's uncharted 2 all over again !!!! Don't they have the same meta score too? Drake deception while being a good game it lacks the enjoyment Among Thieves had IMO.
#1.4 (Edited 1229d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(9) | Report | Reply
rezzah  +   1229d ago
Most do not, it is just the few loud voices you perceive to be the majority of 13 million (yesterday's article).

Basically it all comes down to opinion, even "experts" have opinions based on analytic views.

My vote goes to UC3, which is better than UC2 IMO.
dboyc310  +   1229d ago
It's funny how every comment that doesn't have Uncharted 3 as a possible winner has a lot of disagrees lol
Laxman  +   1229d ago
Haha, yeah I noticed that. I think Skyrim will take home the crown though.
versusALL  +   1229d ago
They should make an official gaming award ceremony like the academy awards.
Laxman  +   1229d ago
There is nothing "official" about the Oscars though.

Plus, the closest thing to that kind of ceremony is the BAFTA's, which do a whole video game section which is pretty cool.
brew  +   1229d ago
How it is decided ?

Votes from their panel of critics , or fan voting ?
#3 (Edited 1229d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
MsclMexican  +   1229d ago
All awards except for most anticipated game are selected by a panel of critics. That one award is fan determined....

Seriously if it was fan voting Skyrim would win every category.... lucky Xbox owners and Pc owners with their working copies of the game
DonaldBeck  +   1229d ago
uncharted 3 skyrim or portal 2
below portal 2 was amazing
#4 (Edited 1229d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
arabiensoldier  +   1229d ago
OR batman arkam city, not portal 2.
blumatt  +   1229d ago
What?! Portal 2 was an awesome game. It actually required some intelligence to play too. You had to really think to beat those puzzles.

I say that either Skyrim, Portal 2 or Uncharted 3 should get it.
#4.1.1 (Edited 1229d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(1) | Report
arabiensoldier  +   1229d ago
never said portal 2 was a bad game in anyway BUT in that list, in MY OPINION i think it should be U3 or Batman
#4.1.2 (Edited 1229d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report
HeavenlySnipes  +   1229d ago
Crash Team Racing
Relientk77  +   1229d ago
Now this I can agree with

WildStyles  +   1229d ago
I really don't care. I'll be watching for the trailers.
kevnb  +   1229d ago
i wont even bother watching, it targeted at those much younger than i.
Micro_Sony  +   1229d ago
What are you like 25?

Let me get this st8...you play video games but you wont watch the VGA because you feel like its targeted at teens.

Last I checked the VGA award had special guess like snoop dog and Mike Tyson - I dont ever recall seeing Justin Beiber or Rebecca at the VGA's. Also if you were true fan of video games you would by pass all the social hype and watch it for the video game reveals.
#7.1 (Edited 1229d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
RastafariPrime  +   1229d ago
Although I agree with you, The cast of Jersey Shore was present for a VGA.... Just saying..
kevnb  +   1229d ago
or I could just watch em all on gametrailers.com later on.
GraySnake  +   1229d ago
NEVER SAY NEVER!!!

.... Now excuse me while I proceed to blast that song out of my head.
MysticStrummer  +   1229d ago
Dark Souls wins for me, with Skyrim being first runner up and Portal 2 being second runner up.
thehusbo  +   1229d ago
Uncharted 3 is my personal goty but i reckon batman will get it.
#9 (Edited 1229d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
RastafariPrime  +   1229d ago
Uncharted 3 or Skyward Sword, I hope for... Although it really wouldn't surprise me if Skyrim comes out on top.
stonecold3  +   1229d ago
uncharted 3 for me
Cool_Joe_Flacco   1229d ago | Spam
undercovrr  +   1229d ago
Skyrim will win GOTY. Its either than or Arkham City
Capt-FuzzyPants  +   1229d ago
I really want Skyward Sword to win. Or UC3. Skyrim's story is just not good to me. That's what I really look for in a game. None of these candidates really wowed me. Deus Ex isn't even talked about anymore and iy's just as good as these games.
#14 (Edited 1229d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
TopDudeMan  +   1229d ago
Dark souls or skyrim. Can't decide which.
-Gespenst-  +   1229d ago
It can only be Skyrim.
IWentBrokeForGaming  +   1229d ago
My vote is for Uncharted..

It's a technical marvel in ever console gaming way...

The graphics, over all production values/attention to detail, combined with face melting cinematic gameplay, still proves why this franchise has held the bar since its inception!

Bar None!
Sevir04  +   1229d ago
I really feel Uncharted 3 and Skyrim will duke it out
If there is another game worthy of contending then its Batman AC, that game was just amazing! we will see though! It'll be interesting if Uncharted steals it all yet again!
Scholla  +   1229d ago
my monopoly money's on Batman
Scholla  +   1229d ago
i dont kno if yall read the article but i said base your answers off of wht u think da show will give GOTY not necessarily ur personal picks. ps i wont b mad if uncharted 3 gets it.
beavis4play  +   1229d ago
i don't think it'll be an exclusive game.........i think UC3 is amazing -but there have been equally fun/well done multi-format games; so, i think they'll go with one of those.

either batman or RDR. skyrim shouldn't get the nod - too many bugs on all formats. the game shouldn't have been released like that.

personally, i think it'll be RDR (although UC3 deserves strong consideration too)
#21 (Edited 1229d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply

WildStar possibly heading F2P as stock withdrawn from EB Games and JB Hi-Fi

33m ago - A move to F2P could be on the cards for MMO WildStar, with major Australian retailers instructed... | PC

Joystickin’ With Jorge: Westerado: Double Barreled

40m ago - DualShockers' Jorge Jimenez looks for vengeance old west-style in Westerado: Double Barreled on t... | PC

Make the World / Break the World

Now - Myriad is a twin-stick shooter that grows more beautiful the better you play. Give us your vote on Steam Greenlight! | Promoted post

Might & Magic Duel of Champions – Time of Renewal Expansion

1h ago - Might & Magic Duel of Champions is getting a new expansion pack today. Time of Renewal introduces... | PC

Mortal Kombat X review: Is this the best beat 'em up ever? | DailyStar

1h ago - Mortal Kombat is back after a lengthy break and the series gets a new instalment better than ever. | PC

Mortal Kombat X Review | Capsule Computers

1h ago - Mortal Kombat X is superb, offering a wealth of offline and online-centric content to keep you pl... | PC