Submitted by Scholla 1305d ago | article

Spike VGA’s 2011: Red Dead Redemption got the crown — what's the next game bound?

SchollA from Console ControllUs writes:
So it’s December which means the VGA’s are upon us once again, every major title has been released and the nominees are in. Red Dead Redemption is the champion and current crown holder at the moment. (PC, PS3, VGA's 2011, Wii, Xbox 360)

blaaah  +   1305d ago
Skyrim or Batman Arkham City... the other's don't stand a chance at that stupid glamor-fest!
StraightPath  +   1305d ago
Skyrim Batman AC Portal 2 Zelda Skyward Sword = Highest Rated Game This Year

these are the chosen few others dont differentiate that much to be amongst these games.
kevnb  +   1305d ago
ratings dont matter, theyll just pick something based on what they think is the best choice. The highest rated movies or albums dont usually get the nod either.
MsclMexican  +   1305d ago
Uncharted 3 or Batman....

If skyrim wins... after this.... I will never bloody forgive em

"Charlie Cutter"

Yeah but if Skyrim does win I will be very upset as it shows how the industry is praising a game that was supposed to be great, but is bloody broken

Edit:

I have been watching the VGA behind the scenes and it seems that GOTY is really between Uncharted and Skyrim.

The critics felt Portal 2 was just a game you could play only once. Zelda although a legendary franchise, is a game that did not appeal to many of them. Batman will probably walk away with most of the awards, ex: Best Licensing, Best 360, Best Studio, Best Score... etc(Hopefully best male lead... Mark Hammil FTW) but at the rate the discussion is going it looks like it is between Uncharted and Skyrim

Also Skyrim is a great game, but Bethesda ruined it with poor choices in the development for PS3 which ruined the game for me.

So Uncharted gets my vote. I wish luck to all the games nominated and the studios responsible. You made it a great year for gaming... but a crappy year for my wallet ):
#1.2 (Edited 1305d ago ) | Agree(12) | Disagree(8) | Report | Reply
j-blaze  +   1305d ago
Dark Souls or Skyward Sword !
dboyc310  +   1305d ago
Most Uncharted 3 fans hate Batman AC just because they know the great chances it has on winning the crown. My vote went for Batman just for the fact that it exceeded expectations and basically improved on its predecessor. It's uncharted 2 all over again !!!! Don't they have the same meta score too? Drake deception while being a good game it lacks the enjoyment Among Thieves had IMO.
#1.4 (Edited 1305d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(9) | Report | Reply
rezzah  +   1304d ago
Most do not, it is just the few loud voices you perceive to be the majority of 13 million (yesterday's article).

Basically it all comes down to opinion, even "experts" have opinions based on analytic views.

My vote goes to UC3, which is better than UC2 IMO.
dboyc310  +   1305d ago
It's funny how every comment that doesn't have Uncharted 3 as a possible winner has a lot of disagrees lol
Laxman  +   1304d ago
Haha, yeah I noticed that. I think Skyrim will take home the crown though.
versusALL  +   1305d ago
They should make an official gaming award ceremony like the academy awards.
Laxman  +   1304d ago
There is nothing "official" about the Oscars though.

Plus, the closest thing to that kind of ceremony is the BAFTA's, which do a whole video game section which is pretty cool.
brew  +   1305d ago
How it is decided ?

Votes from their panel of critics , or fan voting ?
#3 (Edited 1305d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
MsclMexican  +   1305d ago
All awards except for most anticipated game are selected by a panel of critics. That one award is fan determined....

Seriously if it was fan voting Skyrim would win every category.... lucky Xbox owners and Pc owners with their working copies of the game
DonaldBeck  +   1305d ago
uncharted 3 skyrim or portal 2
below portal 2 was amazing
#4 (Edited 1305d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
arabiensoldier  +   1305d ago
OR batman arkam city, not portal 2.
blumatt  +   1305d ago
What?! Portal 2 was an awesome game. It actually required some intelligence to play too. You had to really think to beat those puzzles.

I say that either Skyrim, Portal 2 or Uncharted 3 should get it.
#4.1.1 (Edited 1305d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(1) | Report
arabiensoldier  +   1305d ago
never said portal 2 was a bad game in anyway BUT in that list, in MY OPINION i think it should be U3 or Batman
#4.1.2 (Edited 1305d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report
HeavenlySnipes  +   1305d ago
Crash Team Racing
Relientk77  +   1305d ago
Now this I can agree with

WildStyles  +   1305d ago
I really don't care. I'll be watching for the trailers.
kevnb  +   1305d ago
i wont even bother watching, it targeted at those much younger than i.
Micro_Sony  +   1305d ago
What are you like 25?

Let me get this st8...you play video games but you wont watch the VGA because you feel like its targeted at teens.

Last I checked the VGA award had special guess like snoop dog and Mike Tyson - I dont ever recall seeing Justin Beiber or Rebecca at the VGA's. Also if you were true fan of video games you would by pass all the social hype and watch it for the video game reveals.
#7.1 (Edited 1305d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
RastafariPrime  +   1305d ago
Although I agree with you, The cast of Jersey Shore was present for a VGA.... Just saying..
kevnb  +   1305d ago
or I could just watch em all on gametrailers.com later on.
GraySnake  +   1304d ago
NEVER SAY NEVER!!!

.... Now excuse me while I proceed to blast that song out of my head.
MysticStrummer  +   1305d ago
Dark Souls wins for me, with Skyrim being first runner up and Portal 2 being second runner up.
thehusbo  +   1305d ago
Uncharted 3 is my personal goty but i reckon batman will get it.
#9 (Edited 1305d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
RastafariPrime  +   1305d ago
Uncharted 3 or Skyward Sword, I hope for... Although it really wouldn't surprise me if Skyrim comes out on top.
stonecold3  +   1305d ago
uncharted 3 for me
Cool_Joe_Flacco   1305d ago | Spam
undercovrr  +   1305d ago
Skyrim will win GOTY. Its either than or Arkham City
Capt-FuzzyPants  +   1305d ago
I really want Skyward Sword to win. Or UC3. Skyrim's story is just not good to me. That's what I really look for in a game. None of these candidates really wowed me. Deus Ex isn't even talked about anymore and iy's just as good as these games.
#14 (Edited 1305d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
TopDudeMan  +   1305d ago
Dark souls or skyrim. Can't decide which.
-Gespenst-  +   1305d ago
It can only be Skyrim.
IWentBrokeForGaming  +   1305d ago
My vote is for Uncharted..

It's a technical marvel in ever console gaming way...

The graphics, over all production values/attention to detail, combined with face melting cinematic gameplay, still proves why this franchise has held the bar since its inception!

Bar None!
Sevir04  +   1305d ago
I really feel Uncharted 3 and Skyrim will duke it out
If there is another game worthy of contending then its Batman AC, that game was just amazing! we will see though! It'll be interesting if Uncharted steals it all yet again!
Scholla  +   1305d ago
my monopoly money's on Batman
Scholla  +   1305d ago
i dont kno if yall read the article but i said base your answers off of wht u think da show will give GOTY not necessarily ur personal picks. ps i wont b mad if uncharted 3 gets it.
beavis4play  +   1305d ago
i don't think it'll be an exclusive game.........i think UC3 is amazing -but there have been equally fun/well done multi-format games; so, i think they'll go with one of those.

either batman or RDR. skyrim shouldn't get the nod - too many bugs on all formats. the game shouldn't have been released like that.

personally, i think it'll be RDR (although UC3 deserves strong consideration too)
#21 (Edited 1305d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply

Horizon: Zero Dawn, Uncharted 4, The Last Guardian, Halo 5, Fallout 4 and More Will Use Havok Tech

7m ago - Quite a lot of great names were announced or showcased at E3 2015, and today Havok provided via p... | PC

Fans Figure Out How to Generate Codes for Red Bull’s Destiny Promotion

9m ago - "When Bungie revealed people who purchase a specially marked can of Red Bull would get early acce... | Xbox 360

Go Mechanical

Now - WASD mechanical keyboards provide a superior typing experience over common rubber dome keyboards. | Promoted post

How SRPG Studio Lets You Create Your Very Own Fire Emblem

20m ago - SRPG Studio focuses on two elements unique to the strategy RPG genre: editing maps on which battl... | PC

RPG Elysian Shadows Kickstarter Updated After Radio Silence

20m ago - Serena Nelson writes: "This is due, at least in part, to the main developer not wanting to show a... | PC

Gamer Headlines’ Spoilercast: Batman: Arkham Knight

35m ago - Welcome listeners to Gamer Headlines’ Spoilercast. As the name clearly suggests, Spoilercast is a... | PS4