There is a fairly shocking news about the announcement of Yakuza 5 game, which comes from the weekly Famitsu. As reported by Andriasang, Famitsu writes that this game will be released for the PlayStation 3 and will set in Sapporo, Tokyo, Nagoya, Osaka and Fukuoka. The weekly magazine also wrote that Kazuma Kiryu who will become the main character in the Yakuza 5.
Producer of the Yakuza game series, Toshihiro Nagoshi, reportedly received many questions on the interview session after the announcement of this game is widespread.
The big question now is whether only Kazuma that would be the main character of the game? In two previous Yakuza game, the player could played some of the main characters of the game. In the interview session with Famitsu magazine, Nagoshi still doesn’t want to say whether the Yakuza 5 will have more than one main character which can be played.
Here are some facts about Yakuza 5 which the writer got from Famitsu:
- This game will have a large size
- According to Nagoshi Yakuza 5 will become a truly new game of Yakuza, not just a re-polish game like the previous Yakuza series.
- The five cities which are present in the Yakuza 5 will have the same size or even bigger than the city which existed at the previous series, such as: Osaka (Monterey) and Okinawa (Ryukyu).
- Sega prefer to travel to five cities which will exist in the game, to look for girls which they said would become some kind of encouragement in the fight, rather than looking for a hostess model who usually appeared in the Yakuza series.
- Yakuza 5 will get a lot of improvement from the previous series, such as a shorter loading time, the increase in camera’s angles, and also some increases in facial expressions of the characters. The team that worked on Yakuza 5 is using an engine which used in the Binary Domain game.
- Yakuza 5 will also present the new technologies in the conversations between characters in the game and also the sides of the fight. Nagoshi said the players would be surprised to see the results of the game.
- The story in Yakuza 5 relates with the previous serie, Yakuza 4.
- Yakuza 5 producer is Masayoshi Yokoyama. In the previous Yakuza games, Masayoshi worked on the creation of script and scenario.
- The development of Yakuza 5 game is still in its early stages. Famitsu writes the date of the release of Yakuza 5 game with the word “TBA” (to be Announced).