Submitted by BLACKBIBLE 978d ago | opinion piece

Grand Theft Auto 5 possibly the biggest Co-Op Game Ever

GamerFitNation's BlackBible discuss the possibilities that Grand Theft Auto 5 maybe RockstarGames biggest Co-op experience in the GTA series. Bring back all your favorite GTA Stars in one huge game. He ask the question "Could this Grand Theft Auto, be the Fast Five of the series?" (Culture, Grand Theft Auto IV, Grand Theft Auto V, PS3, Wii, Xbox 360)

BLACKBIBLE  +   978d ago
Could this Grand Theft Auto, be the Fast Five of the series? I truly believe so.
FlareDReborn  +   978d ago
@Black You Drunk?
scotchmouth  +   977d ago
This is more or less wishful thinking.

Would it be cool if they could implement co op? I'm not entirely sure what kind of necessity it is. I don't know what they would do to make it more challenging.

In borderlands for example you get more difficult enemy types. I wouldn't expect bad guys in GTA to level up. They are human. Theoretically they are already easy to kill. This would make it far easier.

I just don't see how they could balance it or even make it more challenging.
JohnnyMann420  +   977d ago
Nothing to see here folks, just a kid with a cool dream and no facts to back it up.

He is using those IMDB "leaks" as truth..
Ares84HU  +   978d ago
The worst of the series???? Not sure...we will find out.
KaBaW  +   978d ago
@BLACKBIBLE
I'm not sure why you have a comma after Auto.. why you have a comma after Auto!?!

:P
#1.3 (Edited 978d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(7) | Report | Reply
princejb134  +   977d ago
co-op would be cool, san andreas had it even though it wasn't to good since we had to share the same screen

the more features gta5 has the better
TheBlackMask  +   978d ago
I didn't mind the multiplayer but co-op...I'd rather not have any online in my single player mode.

It's sad to see people more interested at co-op then the amazing single player game which makes GTA ....GTA
BLACKBIBLE  +   978d ago
I understand, but adding Co-Op to GTA would bring a different experience to the table. Thought I love GTA 4 Single player the most fun I had and I feel most people had was in the Co-op and Multiplayer Experience. I feel that most people can agree you had a lot of fun pilling into a SUV, or Helicopter with your buddies talking on other people and the would.

Truth Be told I want GTA V to be the Hottest GTA ever. Still I feel that innovations is need to the new game. A lot of Games felt they got Less in GTA 4 then in the others before it. Heck I'm still mad they took out Tanks and the military.
#2.1 (Edited 978d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(7) | Report | Reply
Spitfire_Riggz  +   978d ago
I remember in San Andreas I always had the two player free roam bookmarked on my map. It was so awesome doing drive bys with my buddy on ps2
TheBlackMask  +   978d ago
But they thing is nobody is really crying out for co-op....they have multiplayer and I think thats enough

People should look else where to get there co-op experiences from... like Saints Row 3. Not add them into already great games.
KaBaW  +   978d ago
@BLACKBIBLE
Agreed. I think that co-op would be awesome in Grand Theft Auto 5.
The most fun I had with GTA4 was with co-op in 'The Lost and Damned."
Heck, I wouldn't even mind if they would have a 'Co-Op Specific Campaign.'
#2.1.3 (Edited 978d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(3) | Report
ThanatosDMC  +   977d ago
It's probably because Saint Rows 3 is so much better than GTA4.
maniacmayhem  +   978d ago
What if co-op is added to the amazing single play and makes it even MORE amazing?

Why down an enhanced experience without knowing fully what it truly offers.

I for one always wanted a co-op in gta. In fact i wish more games had co-op for the simple fact i love playing with my friends online.
#2.2 (Edited 978d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
tee_bag242  +   977d ago
They need to go full campaign coop to keep my interest. Single player is fine but the same old. I have alot more fun sharing my gaming experiences with mates. GTA is the perfect universe to be able to do coop missions in - I want "did you see that?!" moments.
#2.2.1 (Edited 977d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report
AbNoRmaL__aGenT  +   978d ago
I see what you are saying but there being all of the characters from previous games (not confirmed obviously) could make for the ultimate story. They can do what a movie like Crash did and link a bunch of sub stories together. Although if they did that, it probably wouldnt be co-op since they would be off doing their own thing and link up towards the end of the story. I think best would be without main story co-op and maybe put a co-op that is a sub story like U3. If all of the former protagonists are in fact in the game, I would expect one mission would be one character, then the next a different. Then maybe the last mission you choose which character you want to use and you see their fate. Then you go back and replay the mission to see the other character's endings.
n4gisatroll  +   977d ago
I don't think it will be a 5 player co-op. To me, it doesn't seem possible for GTA.
#2.4 (Edited 977d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
CommonSense  +   977d ago
how does having a co-op mode prevent the story from being "amazing?"
_Aarix_  +   977d ago
Well guess what, you can expedience all that awesome gta stuff. But i want the option to share the experience with a friend. All they hath to do is simply connect a character with you. Whats so bad about that. Skyrim had a perfect opportunity to do it since you had a companion and stats already. Seriously, its nice to have OPTIONS.
WhiteLightning  +   977d ago
Who the hell would want co-op in Skyrim, Bethesda have said themselfs any online could ruin the game....are you really that needy to show off stuff with your friends online that you would want to ruin an amazing single player franchise.

You should both get Two Worlds 2 or Fable 3 if you want a co-op RPG.

It's happened before.....add online in any form into a great single player game and theres a 95% chance of it being ruined or feel dumbed down.

RE5, Dead Space 2 and Bioshock 2 for example....online went wrong.

Uncharted 2....done right
_Aarix_  +   977d ago
@White_lightning

Cause I'd rather not tell them what happened as oppose to having them experience it. Why do people hate co-op its just basically split screen. Uncharted and bioshock didnt have any co-op as far as Ive seen. Your thinking "Face against 10 players in a team deathmatch". No, I mean Split screen with your own screen. Gears of war 3 and borderlands did co-op right. I don't want multiplayer. I just want the option.
NYC_Gamer  +   978d ago
i'd rather R* keep focus on making this game a true single player experience....they could allow co-op to be it's own optional separate mode though.
#3 (Edited 978d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
WackyVee  +   978d ago
Does Rock* have the balls to make that move?
GraveLord  +   978d ago
"GamerFitNation's BlackBible discuss the possibilities that Grand Theft Auto 5 maybe RockstarGames biggest Co-op experience in the GTA series."

Am I the only one who went to school and learned proper grammar?
Urrakia34   978d ago | Trolling | show | Replies(3)
Pikajew  +   978d ago
Its the internet not English class
fredolopez  +   978d ago
i like the sound of being able to play as Tommy Vercetti again!!
Captain_Freud  +   978d ago
I wish people would stop bringing up the possibility of returning characters. GTA IV was the start of a new universe for Rockstar. CJ, Tommy, Claude, and every other character from GTA III-San Andreas DO NOT EXIST.

We'll likely see characters return from GTA IV, but in small roles / cameos. Why would you want to see Rockstar retread the same characters that have already emotionally progressed as naturally as they can go?
lMHl  +   978d ago
this game gonna be balls deep
trikster40  +   978d ago
I dont understand why people freak out and think coop would ruin single player. Go play saints row and see how coop is done.

Now, as for GTA having great coop, I doubt it. They have yet to make an amazing coop game. Botched it with GTA IV, RDR, so expecting half-asses attempt again.
SillyBastid  +   977d ago
GTA is too open of a game for drop in drop out co-op to work... too many people will be assholes and wander off while the other person wants to complete missions.

I think a co-op game is a great idea, with the possibility of multiple gangs owning zones of the map and fighting over territory.

They should develop a gta inspired co-op game, or DLC dedicated to it
Tonester925  +   977d ago
If they do co-op they should have
(Claude and 8 Ball) GTA 3
(Tommy Vercetti and Lance Vance)GTA:VC
(CJ and Ryder)GTA:SA
(Niko and Little Jacob) GTA IV
, , and either The Lost and Damned guy or Gay Tony gay. I forget the names. That would be sick!

But you can mix and match people. This would also be good for DLC where they can have surprise characters from each game become playable.

Just a thought
mastemikegee  +   977d ago
The fuck are you guys on about? If this has any sort of co-op I definitely don't want it to be drop-in drop-out, which means I'm left with AI characters to play with when no one's dropped-in! I want it to be single-player and if people wanna drop-in, (say; up to 2 other people) they can come and help me out to do missions and stuff. Anything they find and unlock adds to my unlocks and so on. But if no one is with me then I'm alone. No crappy AI buddies. And while I'm at it, that's how Resident Evil 5 should have been.

AI buddies suck.
I wish AI buddies in co-op games became obsolete.

Be original! Make a single-player game that can turn into a co-op game when someone joins!!
#12 (Edited 977d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Pwnage18202  +   977d ago
THIS BETTER BE TRUE!!!!! GO GTA
ZippyZapper  +   977d ago
Fast Five? Bad example
Drabent  +   977d ago
Rockstar play saints row 3 cause they did a great job....take notes.

The Crew opening 30 minutes

17m ago - A video which looks at the opening moments of Ubisoft's impressive open world driving game, The c... | PC

Who said it: Metal Gear Solid or 50 Shades of Grey?

17m ago - So, I thought it'd be fun to take 10 quotes from both the MGS games and 50 Shades, mix them up, a... | Culture

Tekken X Street Fighter Is Not Cancelled Says Katsuhiro Harada

19m ago - Tekken X Street Fighter is not cancelled, Tekken series producer Katsuhiro Harada said during a Q... | Xbox 360

Shadowgate Comparison Trailer and Release Date Revealed

21m ago - Nearly 25 years after its original release, the iconic NES game is getting a makeover. Developer... | PC

Study Game Design at DeVry

Nintendo’s New Digital Content Focuses on Indies

38m ago - The winds of change are blowing for the Nintendo eShop and it seems that their pointing towards I... | Wii U